Review: Bag Barn

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Review: Bag Barn

As most of you already know, I sold my wheels to get air suspension.

I ordered in April and... today is June 1.

I dealt with Bag Barn, a shop in Camrose because I heard nothing but praises whenever they talk about Bag Barn.

Here's my experience,

White it seems like everyone is positive in dealing with Steve, this is unfortunately one on the other side of the spectrum.

Initially, dealing with Bag Barn was great. Steve was prompt in answering any inquiries that I had and his pricing was what I expected. I initially agreed with Air Lift setup but Steve recommended Airdynamiks, touted to have product to match, if not, exceed Air Lift's quality with prompt turnaround time. Given his expertise, I went along with his recommendation. I promptly paid on April 7th and all was well.

Or so I thought.

Constant delays in product made me miss the DRIVEN deadline, even though Steve assured that it could be met. I needed the product this week and was promised it would arrive but alas, it did not. It's June 1 and a refund was given.

I am disappointed with his distributor's tardiness and I lost confidence in Bag Barn. Steve knows this and he apologized.

I realize that Airdynamiks is a new upstart and I love supporting Canadian businesses. I wish nothing but the best for them, but when a delivery time was agreed upon and they're continuously not met, that is unacceptable business practice. They better improve but as for me, I will be dealing elsewhere and I hope any other customer won't have to deal with the situation that I'm currently in at the moment.
    At the end, I got the management from Bag Barn, but now I'm scrambling to find struts on time. I may have something but this situation could've been avoided. I'm scrambling because the air suspension was suppose to be installed before my cross-country road trip in 2.5 weeks, so that I have time to do dry-runs to Banff for testing.

I'm writing this review to let people know my experience and with time I hope they get better but right now, I was not impressed.
    Fly with me on Instagram!:/:Travel Blog Tickle Your Fancy? Click This!:/:YouTube

Don

sigpic

Re: Review: Bag Barn

suck to hear don. hopefully can get some struts in time before we leave.

Personally my experience last year in June was a great with bag barn. Super easy to deal with and got a replacement bag to me super fast. Im wondering now since his rapid growth of business, he has not kept up with the man power to compensate with the amount of orders he has had.

Comment

I hope they get their ducks in a row.

Right now, I won't be doing business with them if that's status quo.
      Fly with me on Instagram!:/:Travel Blog Tickle Your Fancy? Click This!:/:YouTube

Don

sigpic

Comment

Gotta admit though, even though his supplier was the one who dropped the ball, he apologized and sent you a full refund for the parts in what an hour???
        2007 A3 3.2vr | S-line | Quattro | Brilliant Black Sold
        2020 Glacier White A4 Allroad
        2013 Allroad Scuba Blue

Comment

Originally posted by Ponto View Post
          Gotta admit though, even though his supplier was the one who dropped the ball, he apologized and sent you a full refund for the parts in what an hour???
          Yup. Not really ordering parts to be impressed by refunds though.

As a retailer, your name is also on the line when you recommend a product. Sucks that Airdynamiks didn't deliver but I only went them based on Bag Barn's recommendation.

Don

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by flipstah View Post
            Yup. Not really ordering parts to be impressed by refunds though.

As a retailer, your name is also on the line when you recommend a product. Sucks that Airdynamiks didn't deliver but I only went them based on Bag Barn's recommendation.
            What I meant Don is yes **** got delayed, happens with suppliers all the time - not much Steve could have done about that? Correct me if I am wrong in that statement.

In the end he didn't question you wanting a refund, didn't hesitant just apologized and got you your money back within the HOUR.

Good luck getting that kind of quick reply when it comes to some of the company in the states when **** doesn't go your way. Should see some of the **** for OEM Plus - people waiting months to resolve issues.
            2013 Allroad Scuba Blue

Comment

While I agree with you Ponto, there is nothing Don said aside from the truth in his review. Those that really get fvcked over by companies go full out blasting them to make sure it is heard by EVERYONE. Don hasnt really done this, he just posted up his experience about it for others to recognize. He stated he wouldnt be dealing with this company again, but hasnt actively convinced others to stay far away. We all get screwed from time to time, but as a growing company bagbarn should know that word of mouth goes a long way, and sometimes it "pays" to keep that word of mouth good. All bagbarn gave was a refund, which is the expected minimum. There was no compensation for the time wasted dealing with the company and the stress involved.

I had the same type of experience with dip your car a few years back, but based on the way they compensated me for the troubles, I didnt blast them online about it. I told a few people of my experiences, but that was that. Had they not compensated me for the troubles, you can bet there would have been threads like this on every forum I was a part of.

Its part of being a business, you need to know how to rectify problems and keep customers happy. A refund is the mandatory minimum, but doesnt often put a smile on the customers face. It just means that what was promised was not provided.
              Patryk
              Instagram: @parkus08

91 BMW 340is ///M-Tech II - Under construction
              08 VW .:R32
              04 Audi A4 Avant 1.8TQ

Comment

Do you need struts for a show? I have mk5\6 slams sitting in my garage that you could borrow until you get yours in.
                Been driving VAG for longer then allot of the members have been alive

Comment

What I meant Don is yes **** got delayed, happens with suppliers all the time - not much Steve could have done about that? Correct me if I am wrong in that statement.

In the end he didn't question you wanting a refund, didn't hesitant just apologized and got you your money back within the HOUR.

Good luck getting that kind of quick reply when it comes to some of the company in the states when **** doesn't go your way. Should see some of the **** for OEM Plus - people waiting months to resolve issues.
                  I never knew refunding someone was a saving grace.

Just because Don was refunded without question (and why would Steve question why Don wants a refund after waiting 2 months with nothing but disappointment?) doesn't mean that Don can't share his experience lol.
                  MK5 .:R32 - Aston

Comment

In my opinion, don was very fair and easy on steve just by asking for refund. If it were me i would have demanded a major discount on the product while still waiting for my final pieces to arrive. Thats what i did with wci's screw up and ended up getting 5 wheels for the price of 2.
                    Last edited by Danaldson; 06-01-2015, 03:07 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by P Arkus View Post
                      While I agree with you Ponto, there is nothing Don said aside from the truth in his review. Those that really get fvcked over by companies go full out blasting them to make sure it is heard by EVERYONE. Don hasnt really done this, he just posted up his experience about it for others to recognize. He stated he wouldnt be dealing with this company again, but hasnt actively convinced others to stay far away. We all get screwed from time to time, but as a growing company bagbarn should know that word of mouth goes a long way, and sometimes it "pays" to keep that word of mouth good. All bagbarn gave was a refund, which is the expected minimum. There was no compensation for the time wasted dealing with the company and the stress involved.

I had the same type of experience with dip your car a few years back, but based on the way they compensated me for the troubles, I didnt blast them online about it. I told a few people of my experiences, but that was that. Had they not compensated me for the troubles, you can bet there would have been threads like this on every forum I was a part of.

Its part of being a business, you need to know how to rectify problems and keep customers happy. A refund is the mandatory minimum, but doesnt often put a smile on the customers face. It just means that what was promised was not provided.
                      Originally posted by Kg810 View Post

Just because Don was refunded without question (and why would Steve question why Don wants a refund after waiting 2 months with nothing but disappointment?) doesn't mean that Don can't share his experience lol.
                      Originally posted by EDOthug View Post
                      In my opinion, don was very fair and easy on steve just by asking for refund. If it were me i would have demanded a major discount on the product while still waiting for my final pieces to arrive. Thats what i did with wci's screw up and ended up getting 5 wheels for the price of 2.
                      I merely informed readers on how my experience was. It's to their discretion if they want to deal with Bag Barn but based on my experience, I won't be. There's ups and downs with every business but this was not up to standard, especially with the price you pay for air suspension.

Originally posted by toplessvw View Post
                      Do you need struts for a show? I have mk5\6 slams sitting in my garage that you could borrow until you get yours in.
                      Thanks for the offer, but I just wanted it for a road trip. I'm working with Calgary Autoworks to get this done. Thanks, Colin!

Don

sigpic

Comment

No worries, glad I could help!
                        Calgary Autoworks

2004.5 Jetta GLI
                        2005 Audi Allroad

Comment

Unfortunately this isn't the only time i have heard of BagBarn dropping the ball in the past week.
                          EDIT: I was corrected by the other individual which this happened to, it wasn't a "dropping the ball", rather was "lack of any communication" which happens when you have a one man show.

I hope Steve gets his ducks in a row and doesn't expand too rapidly and can keep up a good level of customer service despite vendor delays. It happens in every field, however the small guys are typically the guys who get screwed over the most because they have far less buying power with the vendors

PS good choice on the Air Zenith compressor
                          Last edited by MechEngg; 06-01-2015, 05:48 PM.

Comment

I talked to a guy in a White Ford ST....he had his complete job done there....still have issues with the system they comp!etely installed and has been given the run around since March....I dropped CAW and Colins name in case he couldn't get his leakage problem fixed. And from other guys I've talked to it would seem that its a case of growing too quick...that sucks Don...
                            Last edited by Geobmx4life; 06-01-2015, 04:11 PM.
                            Hers 2009 Audi A4 6sp manual
                            Mine....2005 Golf TDI, VNT 17, Malone tuned stage 4, Spec stage 2 clutch, FMIC, Ventectomy, NewSouth gauges, BuzzKen 2.5 turbo back exhaust, Evolution Skidplate, Helix OEM Reps retrofitted with Morimoto Bixenon mini's, ST coils, colour matched Huffs. Frostheater

Comment

Originally posted by Kg810 View Post

Never said Don was out of place by sharing his experience or saying that he shouldn't. Don's review was fair and not out of line at all never said that either. Just trying to look at a few positives compared to some other companies out there.
                              2013 Allroad Scuba Blue

Comment

Working...
                              X