• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Buying a Dash Cam

Originally posted by Stonewall View Post
    This ones on sale today if anyone is interested:
    http://www.memoryexpress.com/Product...ailyDeal-Jun26
    dang thats cheap. i might go snag that.

So what how do you install these things? just wire power then the system will just begin to overwrite oldest footage when the card gets full?

Looks like ill be able to just hook it up to one of the usb ports on my deck in the glovebox.
    Last edited by Danaldson; 06-30-2017, 12:28 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Danaldson View Post
      dang thats cheap. i might go snag that.

So what how do you install these things? just wire power then the system will just begin to overwrite oldest footage when the card gets full?

Looks like ill be able to just hook it up to one of the usb ports on my deck in the glovebox.
      Does your USB ports on your deck have power full time with the vehicle off? Something to consider if this particular dash cam has bump detection

Comment

Picked up a new cam system for the new car which is stuck in port. It's the newest on the market utilizing the Sony EXMOR CMOS sensors (1080HD F&R, 10Mbs front/6Mbs rear)that are the current standard for action cams etc. Also opted for the CELLINK B dual battery system which has been rock solid in the GTI. Can't wait to get the car and start playing with this system. I've also purchased the last few systems from Blackboxmycar.ca out of Van, quick shipping and excellent service.

On another note, I dont know how many here had heard about my last LEO experience...Long story short, I was pulled over for speeding along with a fellow in front of me, I haven't had a ticket in over ten years so I guess I was due. The bylaw officer kept us waiting for almost an hour (Nov'16) and then slapped us both with racing citations. Caught me quite off guard but I wasn't about to roll over for it. Went to court and as soon as the prosecutor saw my dash cam footage she dropped the charges... Without the footage it would have been my word against the Bylaws officers (except for the convo recorded on my dash cam between he and myself which according to my lawyer is completely admissible for my defence) and my lawyer said I would have very likely had lost and would have been looking at a bit of an insurance increase. Never roll over because that is what they are expecting and come with ammo. This is the footage of the event recorded on my Thinkware F770 2ch system.

It was a very over cast, grey, November day. The camera records great audio but is omitted as it was a private convo between my wife and I.

https://vimeo.com/217329389
        Last edited by Brian Cale; 07-07-2017, 10:01 PM. Reason: Technical media difficulties
        AKA, Cale262
        IS38 MK7 GTI
        MK3 TT RS

Comment

That was the most lame race I've ever seen.

Dashcams are a great thing. If anyone wants something simple and cheap that works well I strongly suggest the NanoQ (also known as mini 0903). I have a link with a manufacturer that I can provide. This was their price last year, might have changed since then but probably not much.
          Last edited by witchcraftz; 07-19-2017, 08:44 AM.

Comment

I bought mine from www.canadadashcam.com and he's located in Evanston

Comment

If you haven't already bought, I work at Visions in Crowfoot. I can help you with a decision too [emoji1417]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Just noticed the Blackvue front/rear dashcam is on good sale at visions starting tonight i believe for boxing day.

https://www.flyertown.ca/h/m/visions...cale=en&type=1
                Stefan
                -> '19 Deep Black Pearl Alltrack
                -> '05 Urban Grey Passat Wagon TDI.
                -> Past rides: '14 Allroad, 06 Mazda5, '98 Jetta K2, '01 Jetta TDI, '91 Mazda B2200, '81 Toyota Cressida
                -> FutuRe Ride...??!

Comment

Originally posted by stefan View Post
                  Just noticed the Blackvue front/rear dashcam is on good sale at visions starting tonight i believe for boxing day.

https://www.flyertown.ca/h/m/visions...cale=en&type=1
                  I'll wait with you in line haha

Comment

Ya if not online, I'm out. Lol
                    Stefan
                    -> '19 Deep Black Pearl Alltrack
                    -> '05 Urban Grey Passat Wagon TDI.
                    -> Past rides: '14 Allroad, 06 Mazda5, '98 Jetta K2, '01 Jetta TDI, '91 Mazda B2200, '81 Toyota Cressida
                    -> FutuRe Ride...??!

Comment

Originally posted by stefan View Post
                      Ya if not online, I'm out. Lol
                      Awww it's not online bud

Comment

Best buy should price match the Visions deal.

Comment

Originally posted by witchcraftz View Post
                          Best buy should price match the Visions deal.
                          Usually it's not for door crashers or Boxing day though

Comment

Working...
                          X