VW in trouble

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: VW in trouble

Any good deals on a new gti or old r??? Tried getting a good deal on a new ram 1500 but they weren't budging yet. Wouldn't mind parking the rs4 and getting a gti

Comment

Originally posted by cam_wmh View Post
      Yep. And biturbo? wut is it?
      Probably another tractor. Still need to get my ride in the Lambo.

Comment

Just received an email from the dealership. They haven't been told what the fix is yet however they are offering diesel owners an extra $2000 rebate on top of the current $7000 off any 2015/16 models.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk
        Isaac

Instagram:@ipetersphotog
        Then: 2000 Jetta 2.0L (2005-2012)
        Now: 2012 Golf TDI

Comment

Originally posted by bobkatkat View Post
          Probably another tractor. Still need to get my ride in the Lambo.
          No tractor this time, but you should see that Lambo he even has it modded up a bit!
          Blair
          Former Cars: '12 Fiat 500, '10 VW GTI, '05 Smart Fortwo, '96 VW Jetta GLX, '02 VW GTI 337.........

Comment

I contemplated selling ours in the spring, guess I should have. Curious to see what happens, maybe they will give me a buyout and let me keep driving it?

Side note, haven't been around in a while, looks like everyone has stepped up their games! R8's, lambos, RS4 is the new B5S4.
            Jay

Comment

http://english.astroawani.com/busine...-diesels-76122
              2002 VW Golf GT TDI
              2016 VW Passat BiTDI

Comment

Interesting sales numbers.

This is less interesting:
                http://www.bbc.com/news/entertainment-arts-34515105
                Stefan
                -> '19 Deep Black Pearl Alltrack
                -> '05 Urban Grey Passat Wagon TDI.
                -> Past rides: '14 Allroad, 06 Mazda5, '98 Jetta K2, '01 Jetta TDI, '91 Mazda B2200, '81 Toyota Cressida
                -> FutuRe Ride...??!

Comment

http://www.theguardian.com/environme...-emissions-row

Comment

Originally posted by Tuna View Post
                    I contemplated selling ours in the spring, guess I should have. Curious to see what happens, maybe they will give me a buyout and let me keep driving it?

Side note, haven't been around in a while, looks like everyone has stepped up their games! R8's, lambos, RS4 is the new B5S4.
                    Nice to see you around here!!!
                    Blair
                    Former Cars: '12 Fiat 500, '10 VW GTI, '05 Smart Fortwo, '96 VW Jetta GLX, '02 VW GTI 337.........

Comment

• Re: VW in trouble

heard this on the radio this morning too.
                      http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/new...ramount-831404
                      Ken

2012 VW JETTA TDI
                      2000 VW JETTA 2.0 - Old ride

Comment

Second Cheat ?

http://www.cbc.ca/news/business/volk...vice-1.3264546

Comment

Not a cheat if it's a system that is known and allowed/approved by the regulators.

Automakers are allowed to use such devices to allow higher emissions when a vehicle is going uphill or in very cold weather if they are approved by regulators.

Comment

The dieselgate scandal continues to evolve as Spiegel is reporting that at least 30 managers knew about Volkswagen's emissions cheating effort.

Citing company insiders, the publication is reporting Volkswagen's internal audit as well as an independent investigation by the Jones Day law firm has discovered dozens of people were involved in the scandal. No names were mentioned but the article says the group involves both "active and passive accomplices."

If true, the investigations would call into question comments made by numerous Volkswagen executives who attempted to blame the scandal on a small group of rogue engineers.

Volkswagen CEO Matthias Müller is slated to provide management with an update into its investigation tomorrow so we could learn more details shortly.
                            Blair

Comment

http://www.bbc.com/news/business-34536573
                              Stefan
                              -> '19 Deep Black Pearl Alltrack
                              -> '05 Urban Grey Passat Wagon TDI.
                              -> Past rides: '14 Allroad, 06 Mazda5, '98 Jetta K2, '01 Jetta TDI, '91 Mazda B2200, '81 Toyota Cressida
                              -> FutuRe Ride...??!

Comment

Sources close to the matter cited by Reuters have shed some light regarding the controversial and illegal defeat device.

For seven consecutive years, Volkswagen used a so-called defeat device on their 1.2 TDI, 1.6 TDI and 2.0 TDI engines to cheat during emissions tests and it seems they actually put a lot of effort into optimizing the software. Now, three sources familiar with the issue told Reuters they elaborated more than just one software as apparently four engine types have received the defeat device which suggests the deception could be more complex than what VW has confessed so far.

According to industry experts, more than just a few engineers were involved in these illegal maneuvers taking into account there are several iterations of the defeat device and this required a lot of "work". Interestingly, Arndt Ellinghorst, an analyst at banking advisory firm Evercore ISI., the number of employees involved in this scandal will have a direct impact on the amount of fines VW will receive and will ultimately have an influence on management changes and also on what the investors will do.

Volkswagen has already lost 25% of its stock market value and according to Credit Suisse the dieselgate will cost them anywhere between €23 to €78 billion.
                                Blair

Comment

Working...
                                X