S4 Avant (B7) Jacktown

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: S4 Avant (B7) Jacktown

How did I miss this?!? Awesome Nick! Can't wait to see it!
    Calgary Autoworks

2004.5 Jetta GLI
    2005 Audi Allroad

Comment

Thanks guys. I've been super lazy at getting pics but I'll try to snap one on my iPhone today.
      Nick

I love hatchbacks

Comment

Oh baby

Tapashutupyourface.
        Fly with me on Instagram!:/:Travel Blog Tickle Your Fancy? Click This!:/:YouTube

Don

sigpic

Comment

Had the car for just over a week and I'm so happy with it.

Here are some crappy iPhone pics that I've been promising all week.

Some things that I'm thinking about right now.

1. Removing amber markers in the headlights - not sure whether to DIY this or buy some aftermarket ones.
          2. Coilovers. Probably KW V3's
          3. RS6 conversion front grille

I picked up some HRE 441R's on the weekend. I got a smoking hot deal but they need a little love. I chose this wheel because it looks so much like the stock RS4 wheel but in a 3 piece configuration - also because it was available locally for a ridiculously low price. I've already started removing the faces which I'll probably paint some shade of dark grey. Going to clean up and polish the lips and barrels - lots of time for that between now and spring The rears are a little more aggressive than I was hoping so it's possible I'll try and solve that with new lips instead of jamming them on to the car with stretch and pull.

Oh and almost forgot - I picked up the RS4 pedals (including dead pedal) from Drew. Small project for next weekend.
          Last edited by jacktown; 12-15-2015, 07:41 PM.
          Nick

I love hatchbacks

Comment

Wheels will look awesome nick! As for the headlights, i would recommend the diy clear corner. There aren't really any aftermarket headlights that look as good, or perform nearly as well as the oem bi-xenons.

Comment

Originally posted by Danaldson View Post
              Wheels will look awesome nick! As for the headlights, i would recommend the diy clear corner. There aren't really any aftermarket headlights that look as good, or perform nearly as well as the oem bi-xenons.
              Thanks Danny. Just found this which I guess is the mod that you're referring to?: http://nickscarblog.com/diy/b7-audi-clear-corner-mod
              Nick

I love hatchbacks

Comment

Originally posted by jacktown View Post
                Thanks Danny. Just found this which I guess is the mod that you're referring to?: http://nickscarblog.com/diy/b7-audi-clear-corner-mod
                Yep thats the one. NicksCarBlog is a great place for a lot of quality diy's. The clear corner mod doesnt look too hard, I'm just afraid of pulling apart expensive headlights. Was a different story on my halogen mk4 lol

Comment

Yep thats the one. NicksCarBlog is a great place for a lot of quality diy's. The clear corner mod doesnt look too hard, I'm just afraid of pulling apart expensive headlights. Was a different story on my halogen mk4 lol
                  Not sure if the B7 headlights are the same but you should address the orings while they are apart if that's the case.

http://www.audizine.com/forum/showth...Code-Bi-Xenons
                  Calgary Autoworks

2004.5 Jetta GLI
                  2005 Audi Allroad

Comment

Originally posted by BaggedGLI View Post
                    Not sure if the B7 headlights are the same but you should address the orings while they are apart if that's the case.

hmm i haven't heard much about that being an issue on b7's, but definitely could be a good thing to check anyways considering you need to pull the bumper off to remove the headlights. Thanks!
                    Last edited by Danaldson; 12-14-2015, 01:24 PM.

Comment

Had the car for just over a week and I'm so happy with it.

Here are some crappy iPhone pics that I've been promising all week.

Some things that I'm thinking about right now.

1. Removing amber markers in the headlights - not sure whether to DIY this or buy some aftermarket ones.
                      2. Coilovers. Probably KW V3's
                      3. RS6 conversion front grille

I picked up some HRE 441R's on the weekend. I got a smoking hot deal but they need a little love. I chose this wheel because it looks so much like the stock RS4 wheel but in a 3 piece configuration - also because it was available locally for a ridiculously low price. I've already started removing the faces which I'll probably paint some shade of dark grey. Going to clean up and polish the lips and barrels - lots of time for that between now and spring The rears are a little more aggressive than I was hoping so it's possible I'll try and solve that with new lips instead of jamming them on to the car with stretch and pull.

Oh and almost forgot - I picked up the RS4 pedals (including dead pedal) from Drew. Small project for next weekend.
                      just curious are those the HREs on kijiji for $2000? those would look awesome! I was definitely considering buying those

http://www.kijiji.ca/v-tires-rims/ca...ationFlag=true
                      Last edited by skhan91; 12-14-2015, 03:51 PM.

Comment

B7 lights are ridiculously easy to pull apart. When i did mine i didnt even use an oven or heatgun. Hair dryer was enough and it just pried the lenses off the housings with my bare hands.
                        Jason

"You dont buy a Volkswagen once, you buy it ten times."
                        ---Samuel Moore

Instagram: @Wangtastic
                        PM me to get your car detailed! - Brightside Detailing

Comment

Just when I thought your golf was perfect for you, you just had to come along and get this and prove me wrong...

Comment

Originally posted by skhan91 View Post
                            just curious are those the HREs on kijiji for $2000? those would look awesome! I was definitely considering buying those

http://www.kijiji.ca/v-tires-rims/ca...ationFlag=true
                            Yes those are the ones. They are much cleaner than I originally gave them credit for. No curbage or serious damage at all. A good clean and a polish and they'll look brand new. For inspiration purposes, this is kind of what I'm leaning towards (NOT MY WHEELS)

Leaning towards these carbon centre caps:

Originally posted by GingerBeef View Post
                            B7 lights are ridiculously easy to pull apart. When i did mine i didnt even use an oven or heatgun. Hair dryer was enough and it just pried the lenses off the housings with my bare hands.
                            Cool. Sounds easy.

Originally posted by netscape View Post
                            Just when I thought your golf was perfect for you, you just had to come along and get this and prove me wrong...
                            Shucks. You should introduce yourself here http://www.eurodrivers.ca/forums/sho...to-Eurodrivers!!
                            and come to our January meet detailed here http://www.eurodrivers.ca/forums/sho...052#post341052

Originally posted by BaggedGLI View Post

Sounds like a breeze once the lights are open. Would be rude not to.

Thanks to Drew for dropping these off with me today. Great to meet you. Can't wait to get these installed!

Last edited by jacktown; 12-15-2015, 07:57 PM.
                            Nick

I love hatchbacks

Comment

Tip on getting the RS4 pedal covers on: Let them sit in a bowl of really hot water for 10 minutes or so, pop the old ones off and place the new ones in position. Then just sit in the seat and use your foot and press the new pedal covers on. Worked like a charm on my old avant!
                              Derek

-2008 Avus Silver RS4-Fat ass II
                              -1996 C4S-Fat Ass
                              -2007 FJ Cruiser-6 speed

Comment

Yes those are the ones. They are much cleaner than I originally gave them credit for. No curbage or serious damage at all. A good clean and a polish and they'll look brand new. For inspiration purposes, this is kind of what I'm leaning towards (NOT MY WHEELS)

Leaning towards these carbon centre caps:

Cool. Sounds easy.

Shucks. You should introduce yourself here http://www.eurodrivers.ca/forums/sho...to-Eurodrivers!!
                                and come to our January meet detailed here http://www.eurodrivers.ca/forums/sho...052#post341052

Sounds like a breeze once the lights are open. Would be rude not to.

Thanks to Drew for dropping these off with me today. Great to meet you. Can't wait to get these installed!

ahh nice! i was going to pick those up but i guess you beat me to it! haha good find for sure.

also curious: the wheels in the pics, the OEM audi ones, what sidewall tires are those?

Comment

Working...
                                X