Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: S4 Avant (B7) Jacktown

Originally posted by GINCH View Post
    Tip on getting the RS4 pedal covers on: Let them sit in a bowl of really hot water for 10 minutes or so, pop the old ones off and place the new ones in position. Then just sit in the seat and use your foot and press the new pedal covers on. Worked like a charm on my old avant!
    Great tip! Thanks Derek

Originally posted by skhan91 View Post
    ahh nice! i was going to pick those up but i guess you beat me to it! haha good find for sure.

also curious: the wheels in the pics, the OEM audi ones, what sidewall tires are those?
    Sorry about that! I'm really happy with them. If they don't work out for some reason I'll be sure to let you know. I'll check on those tire sizes for you tomorrow.
    Nick

I love hatchbacks

Comment

no worries! im happy you got em

i am thinking about 20s so might end up not going 19 anyways

Comment

Originally posted by jacktown View Post
        Yes those are the ones. They are much cleaner than I originally gave them credit for. No curbage or serious damage at all. A good clean and a polish and they'll look brand new. For inspiration purposes, this is kind of what I'm leaning towards (NOT MY WHEELS)

This should look amazing on the wagon, I support you 100%!!
        Blair
        Former Cars: '12 Fiat 500, '10 VW GTI, '05 Smart Fortwo, '96 VW Jetta GLX, '02 VW GTI 337.........

Comment

Originally posted by skhan91 View Post
          ahh nice! i was going to pick those up but i guess you beat me to it! haha good find for sure.

also curious: the wheels in the pics, the OEM audi ones, what sidewall tires are those?
          Sorry for the slow reply on this. 245/40/18
          Nick

I love hatchbacks

Comment

A few things on the agenda for March. Car is going in to Maranello next week for what will likely be a pretty major overhaul in the paint department. The car looks great from 20feet but up close the paint has a lot of chips. I've really grown to enjoy the car over the past few months so I figure it's worth doing this properly. What started as bumpers and a few spot repairs has turned in to almost a complete repaint of the car. Once done it'll get a full polish, seal and front end wrap. Super excited to get this all done and see the results.

Coilovers are getting installed this week so we can test fit the wheels and pull the fenders accordingly before paint. Once it's done I'll be dismantling the wheels so I can get the lips polished up and get the faces painted. Hopefully I can stretch to some 2 piece rotors all around and some ceramic pads to keep the dust down. If I can get all of this finished by mid April I'll be really pleased.
            Nick

I love hatchbacks

Comment

Damn Nick, sounds like quite the project! Can't wait to see it once it's all done though, it's going to look great!
              Scott
              '23 Audi Q5 Technik | Ultra Blue Metallic | Black​
              '01 DC5 Honda Integra Type R | Championship White | Red

Comment

Just got my paint work back from maranello and they did good work.

Comment

That's great to hear. I had some work done on the bimmer with them last summer and I was really happy with the results. That said, if I had my choice I'd be getting it all done at Compact Tuning Lab (part of it is being covered by the previous owner of the car)
                  Nick

I love hatchbacks

Comment

Wheels apart again. This time I'm going to be splitting the lips from the barrels. There's a clear coat over the lips so I'm going to have to strip that off first. Deciding between reapplying a clear coat or just having that mirror finished polished look without the clear, once they're done.

In other news, finally got around to ordering a few bits today. I've been holding off because of a big work career transition I've been going through since the new year so it feels great to get back to normal things like ordering bits and pieces like this: New rotors all around, ceramic pads, RS6 grill for the conversion, Chrome bulbs and clear lenses for the turn signals and a fresh S4 badge for the hatch.

Feeling pretty accomplished after undoing approx. 160 bolts again this evening... (obligatory wheels apart pics)

Last edited by jacktown; 03-22-2016, 10:08 PM.
                    Nick

I love hatchbacks

Comment

Got the faces painted today. I wanted to go dark grey as previously mentioned. I had some Carbon Steel Grey paint leftover... so there we have it - a nice tribute to the old car

Last edited by jacktown; 03-24-2016, 05:59 PM.
                      Nick

I love hatchbacks

Comment

I Like where the wheel rebuild is going. Great colour choice.
                        Current toys
                        2011 Tiguan 4mo, APR stage 1, lowered on 20x10.5" wheels (daily)
                        1989 Mustang 5L Cobra Clone, GT40X motor, 70MM turbo setup. (in the garage)
                        1982 VW caddy (Project)
                        1985 VW mk1 Convertible VR6 soon??? (Keepsake)
                        1990 VW mk2 GTI, UPDATE Soon to have my turbo 434.97WHP, 445WTQ motor (backburner)
                        1970 Mercedes benz w108, Baby blue on air(Sunday cruiser)
                        1992 VW Doka (parts hauler)
                        2002 Chevrolet 1 ton dually crewcab 4x4 Duramax (Toy hauler)

Comment

Strip the lips and mirror polish them up. Clearcoated lips are nice as they are maintenance free but they just don't have that nice shine like a good polished lip.

You might already know this but keep all mounting surfaces free of paint
                          Last edited by mrx; 03-26-2016, 11:14 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by firestarter View Post
                            I Like where the wheel rebuild is going. Great colour choice.
                            Thanks! The real credit goes to the unknown person who created the set that inspired me. Kind of neat to be able to use CSG though. Those who know me best can tell you how much I miss my old car :(

Originally posted by mrx View Post
                            Strip the lips and mirror polish them up. Clearcoated lips are nice as they are maintenance free but they just don't have that nice shine like a good polished lip.

You might already know this but keep all mounting surfaces free of paint
                            Mirror finish is what I'm leaning towards. Comments like this make it an even easier decision cheers, Eddy.
                            Nick

I love hatchbacks

Comment

Faces are finished. Here's a glimpse of them with the clear coat. I'm so happy with how they turned out. Thanks to Roberto and Bronco at Compact Tuning Lab for a perfect job.
                              I'd been unsure on re-using the silver bolts or getting new black ones. I'm really happy with the contrast in the second picture so I'm going to stick with what I've got.

Nick

I love hatchbacks

Comment

Those look gooood. Can't wait to see them on the wagoon!
                                TJ
                                '17 Ram 3500 Laramie
                                '01 Silver S4

Comment

Working...
                                X