Scott’s MK7 Golf R

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Scott’s MK7 Golf R

I just got the call! It's off to have the Suntek done this morning and then I should be picking her up on Thursday!
    Scott
    '23 Audi Q5 Technik | Ultra Blue Metallic | Black​
    '01 DC5 Honda Integra Type R | Championship White | Red

Comment

Yes!!
      Nick

I love hatchbacks

Comment

Originally posted by CGY_GTI View Post
        I just got the call! It's off to have the Suntek done this morning and then I should be picking her up on Thursday!
        Congrats!!!
        On a side note, I've installed a few things on my R if you wanted to check some of them out to see if you want them.
        Including: JB1, Drop in AFE Filter w/ Snow Guard Delete, ECS Clutch Bleeder Block, Rear Sway Bar, 034 Dogbone Mount, Mid Muffler Delete and a few VagCom Tweaks.

PM me.

Comment

Originally posted by krchnv View Post
          Congrats!!!
          On a side note, I've installed a few things on my R if you wanted to check some of them out to see if you want them.
          Including: JB1, Drop in AFE Filter w/ Snow Guard Delete, ECS Clutch Bleeder Block, Rear Sway Bar, 034 Dogbone Mount, Mid Muffler Delete and a few VagCom Tweaks.

PM me.
          I may have to take you up on that! The JB1 and clutch bleeder are a couple things I've been looking into.
          Scott

Comment

I may have to take you up on that! The JB1 and clutch bleeder are a couple things I've been looking into.
            Installed the Clutch Bleeder last weekend. It's crazy what a difference it makes.
            Installed the JB1 last night... And all I can say... Is wow...
            To much more power would most likely be not very enjoyable around town

Comment

Awesome Scott!
              --
              Rod
              Ex-presidente

Drive

2016 VW Golf .:R

Drove
              2001.5 Audi S4 / Santorin Blue STAGE II+ / JFonz Tuned

Comment

Installed the Clutch Bleeder last weekend. It's crazy what a difference it makes.
                Installed the JB1 last night... And all I can say... Is wow...
                To much more power would most likely be not very enjoyable around town
                I'm curious to see how much better the JB1 is than my power module. Also, interested in the cutch bleeder. What exactly is the crazy difference? Scott if you end up doing this let me know and maybe we can order a few.
                Derek

-2008 Avus Silver RS4-Fat ass II
                -1996 C4S-Fat Ass
                -2007 FJ Cruiser-6 speed

Comment

Originally posted by GINCH View Post
                  I'm curious to see how much better the JB1 is than my power module. Also, interested in the cutch bleeder. What exactly is the crazy difference? Scott if you end up doing this let me know and maybe we can order a few.
                  Stock, I found the clutch didn't engage as soon as you took your foot off of it. As thou the clutch pedal is released at a rate which is much slower then a person can achieve by lifting their foot off quickly. Causing it to slip.

With the bleeder block the clutch pedal is a little firmer but the biggest difference is how quickly the clutch grabs. I don't think I can lift my foot off quicker then the pedal comes back.

On the road, I feel much more confident taking those 'quick' left turns as the clutch engages right away and I can get on the power.

As well from my understanding this should prolong the life of the clutch quite a bit.

Comment

Originally posted by GINCH View Post
                    Will do! I mentioned these to Colin a few weeks ago, so I was thinking about getting in on their next ECS order. Plan B is to remove the restrictor from the stock part since I've come across a couple of DIYs for that now.

http://www.vwroc.com/forums/topic/12...l-manual-cars/

Stock, I found the clutch didn't engage as soon as you took your foot off of it. As thou the clutch pedal is released at a rate which is much slower then a person can achieve by lifting their foot off quickly. Causing it to slip.

With the bleeder block the clutch pedal is a little firmer but the biggest difference is how quickly the clutch grabs. I don't think I can lift my foot off quicker then the pedal comes back.

On the road, I feel much more confident taking those 'quick' left turns as the clutch engages right away and I can get on the power.

As well from my understanding this should prolong the life of the clutch quite a bit.
                    This lines up with everything I've read about the ECS part.
                    Scott

Comment

She's finally home and I absolutely love it! Hopefully I'll have the tail lights and everything installed over the weekend.

Scott

Comment

Beautiful!!

Comment

Congrats Scotty!!!! Stoked for you, and I want a ride!
                          Hers 2009 Audi A4 6sp manual
                          Mine....2005 Golf TDI, VNT 17, Malone tuned stage 4, Spec stage 2 clutch, FMIC, Ventectomy, NewSouth gauges, BuzzKen 2.5 turbo back exhaust, Evolution Skidplate, Helix OEM Reps retrofitted with Morimoto Bixenon mini's, ST coils, colour matched Huffs. Frostheater

Comment

Originally posted by danno View Post
                            Beautiful!!
                            Thanks!

Originally posted by Geobmx4life View Post
                            Congrats Scotty!!!! Stoked for you, and I want a ride!
                            Thanks Geo, that can certainly be arranged!
                            Scott

Comment

Woohoo! Congrats Scott!
                              Rob

2004 VW R32

Comment

Congrats!!!
                                Blair
                                Former Cars: '12 Fiat 500, '10 VW GTI, '05 Smart Fortwo, '96 VW Jetta GLX, '02 VW GTI 337.........

Comment

Working...
                                X