Scott’s MK7 Golf R

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Scott’s MK7 Golf R

Pretty good gains! I'll have to pass this info on to the guy I bought my MK6 R from (he now has a MK7 and was looking for a chip that won't void warranty). This may be a good option for him.
    Mike

Comment

Yeah either JB1 or the Neuspeed Power Module would be his best bet - I don't think there are any other piggybacks out there yet. You can personalize the JB1 more which I like, but both of them are good options.
      Last edited by CGY_GTI; 07-16-2016, 08:14 AM.
      Scott
      '23 Audi Q5 Technik | Ultra Blue Metallic | Black​
      '01 DC5 Honda Integra Type R | Championship White | Red

Comment

Ordered an OEM S3 resonator delete kit which arrived today - hoping to get it installed sometime this week!

Scott

Comment

So the resonator delete was a fairly quick and easy job - I probably spent an hour at most in the garage including getting the car up on ramps and cleaning up after. I'd say the difference in sound is fair subtle overall, just a bit deeper and a tiny bit louder. I'm very happy with how it turned out!

Here's a quick video of how it sounds on a cold start. Once the idle drops to the normal level it sound almost the same as it did before.
          Last edited by CGY_GTI; 07-16-2016, 08:14 AM.
          Scott

Comment

I hadn't realized you had done this much stuff to it already. Keep it up.
            Dylan

Comment

After seeing Danny's edited picture of my car yesterday, I decided to check to see if the springs I wanted for the car had been released in North America yet, and it turns out they've just been released. There are only a handful of people in North America who have them right now, as the only way to get them was by ordering from the UK. They are the Eibach Pro-Kit springs and I chose them because the reviews have all been very consistent - they provide a very subtle drop of about 5/8", just enough to close the wheel gap, and the ride quality in nearly the same as stock. I'm working with Natty at the moment to get them on order, and right now I'm probably looking at an ETA of late July.

The Cadiz wheels have also grown on me a lot since I got the car, so I'm not planning on getting replacements unless I find a crazy good deal on something. I find that the black accents on the wheels really bring the whole look of the car together with the gloss black lower grilles and mirrors, along with the dark tail lights and tint.

Last edited by CGY_GTI; 06-14-2016, 10:51 AM.
              Scott

Comment

pm sent
                Derek

-2008 Avus Silver RS4-Fat ass II
                -1996 C4S-Fat Ass
                -2007 FJ Cruiser-6 speed

Comment

Looks awesome. Great shot Danny
                  Cam

2004 VW R32 Turbo

Comment

lowerittttttt

Comment

In for more low!!
                      Blair
                      Former Cars: '12 Fiat 500, '10 VW GTI, '05 Smart Fortwo, '96 VW Jetta GLX, '02 VW GTI 337.........

Comment

Quick update: My cargo liner was finally delivered today and I have a set of winter mats on order now since I noticed the ones I wanted were on sale. My springs should be shipping out late next week hopefully, so I may have those installed in time for Into the Rockies. I've also found a set of wheels that I really like, so I may have a new set of summers soon depending on how the pricing works out.

Scott

Comment

Yay new car stuff!!
                          Rob

2004 VW R32

Comment

Gotta meet up with you guys one time to see what this jb1 is all about. The cargo liner fit good?? I thought they weren't quite right.

Comment

The cargo liner fits great, I just have a few tool cases sitting on it for now to help flatten it out. I know the GTI one doesn't quite fit right in the R because the floors are different, and I think lots of people on Vortex originally went with the one for the GTI. This or the Travall liner seem to be the popular ones.
                              Scott

Comment

My winter mats came in last week and I'm super happy with them! They look great with the exception of the badge, but that's easy enough to get rid of.

Then on Friday, one of my coworkers backed into my car... Fortunately he stopped in time and it was only the Suntek that was damaged, so that was a quick and easy fix that I had taken care of today.

Before

After

I also picked up a few packages on the way home today! They'll be going on tomorrow but staying under wraps until Saturday.

Scott

Comment

Working...
                                X