Scott’s MK7 Golf R

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Scott’s MK7 Golf R

So today marks two years with the car! Unfortunately I don't think I'll be celebrating by putting my summers back on this year. Just shy of 19,000km now and still mostly trouble free - one of my keys quit working for some reason, but warranty should take care of that.

Nothing new to report so far. I ordered a set of power folding mirrors from Europe a few months ago and will be installing those once the weather improves. As for the rest of this year, I'm planning on getting a downpipe at some point and possibly upgrading the clutch too in anticipation of a new turbo.

Last edited by CGY_GTI; 03-24-2018, 05:32 PM.
    Scott
    '23 Audi Q5 Technik | Ultra Blue Metallic | Black​
    '01 DC5 Honda Integra Type R | Championship White | Red

Comment

• Re: Scott’s MK7 Golf R

Looking good and filthy like mine, they just love to suck up dirt on the back tailgate. Which dp and clutch you thinking??

Comment

Originally posted by danno View Post
        Looking good and filthy like mine, they just love to suck up dirt on the back tailgate. Which dp and clutch you thinking??
        Yeah I've given up trying to keep it clean, I just hit up the car wash weekly usually. I'm still reading up on downpipes, but I'm definitely temped to go AWE again since everything I had on my MK6 was great quality. Milltek and CTS are on the radar as well. As for the clutch, I will almost certainly be going Sachs with the stock flywheel.
        Scott

Comment

• Scott’s MK7 Golf R

New goodies on the way thanks to Natty! Next up is the clutch which I plan on doing before Leavenworth, then next spring will most likely be big turbo time!

I'm still not crazy about the feel of the shifter, so I might look at a short shift kit or something soon to address that. That's probably all I'll do this year since I'm in the process of buying a house.

My summers also went back on the other night. It’s nice to finally have some sticky rubber back on!

Last edited by CGY_GTI; 04-20-2018, 09:11 PM.
          Scott

Comment

Looking nice and clean. I’ve never liked the shifter or clutch feel either, sadly wish I had the dsg. It will be Nice to hear some feedback on the down pipe.

Comment

Damn those wheels look great!!!
              Derek

-2008 Avus Silver RS4-Fat ass II
              -1996 C4S-Fat Ass
              -2007 FJ Cruiser-6 speed

Comment

Wheels looking amazing Scott
                Hers 2009 Audi A4 6sp manual
                Mine....2005 Golf TDI, VNT 17, Malone tuned stage 4, Spec stage 2 clutch, FMIC, Ventectomy, NewSouth gauges, BuzzKen 2.5 turbo back exhaust, Evolution Skidplate, Helix OEM Reps retrofitted with Morimoto Bixenon mini's, ST coils, colour matched Huffs. Frostheater

Comment

Thanks guys!

Originally posted by danno View Post
                  Looking nice and clean. I’ve never liked the shifter or clutch feel either, sadly wish I had the dsg. It will be Nice to hear some feedback on the down pipe.
                  Yeah, I kinda wish I had gone with DSG again, but oh well. I won't have the downpipe installed for a few weeks still since I have to go in for some warranty work, but I'll definitely post something once it's installed!

I finally installed my power folding mirrors yesterday though!

Scott

Comment

Picked up my car from Calgary Autoworks this afternoon after getting the AMS downpipe and Sachs Performance clutch installed! So far I’m very happy with the results and I’m looking forward to seeing what the clutch will be like once broken in.

Last edited by CGY_GTI; 06-01-2018, 07:57 PM.
                    Scott

Comment

Working...
                    X