O2M transmission bleed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• O2M transmission bleed

Anyone have any advice on how to bleed the O2M transmission clutch. The problem that I'm facing now is that me and my dad tried to bleed it by pumping on the pedal and then opening and closing the bleeder screw and then letting the pedal go, we did this a couple times and now the pedal wont pop back up cause there's no pressure in the system. Any advice on how to do it, or any tips are greatly appreciated!
    2003 Volkswagen Jetta Gli
    2009 Audi S5

Instagram : Adrian.Cocis

Re: O2M transmission bleed

There should not be pressure in the system, the pressure plate does that. You have air or a leak in the system.
    W5

Comment

Move the pedal back and forth by hand. Should build up pressure. To bleed can just run a hose from screw to master cylinder if you have a lot of air
      Now offering detailing services!! http://www.gtrauto.ca/detailing-services.html

United Motorsport, Kerma TDI, KW, APR, COBB, Magnaflow, K&N, AFE, Motul, Lubromoly, Sonax, Air Lift, HPA, Ohlins, Klutch Wheels, Remus Exhaust

info@gtrauto.ca / www.gtrauto.ca / GTR Auto Facebook

Comment

Or if you want to bleed push pedal to floor. Open bleeder, then close. Release pedal. Might have to pickup with hand and then repeat

United Motorsport, Kerma TDI, KW, APR, COBB, Magnaflow, K&N, AFE, Motul, Lubromoly, Sonax, Air Lift, HPA, Ohlins, Klutch Wheels, Remus Exhaust

Comment

Originally posted by Natty54 View Post
          Or if you want to bleed push pedal to floor. Open bleeder, then close. Release pedal. Might have to pickup with hand and then repeat
          ^ This, big thing is making sure your reservoir is full too. I usually put a bungee cord around the pedal so its easy to bring back up.
          Last edited by BaggedGLI; 02-09-2016, 10:13 AM.
          Calgary Autoworks

2004.5 Jetta GLI
          2005 Audi Allroad

Comment

Move the pedal back and forth by hand. Should build up pressure. To bleed can just run a hose from screw to master cylinder if you have a lot of air
            Originally posted by BaggedGLI View Post
            ^ This, big thing is making sure your reservoir is full too. I usually put a bungee cord around the pedal so its easy to bring back up.
            Yeah I tied an old wire to the pedal because I was getting tired of pulling it back. I heard that since the slave is below the bleeding block that air gets trapped into there so should I just do the regular bleeding?
            2009 Audi S5

Comment

Shouldn't be tying it to anything. You need to actuate the piston both ways

Comment

Alright so that method didn't work.. fluid kept coming out but there was no pressure at the clutch pedal, as soon as you pressed it, it would just sink down. My dad saw a video somewhere on the internet and they said to leave the bleeder screw and pump the pedal until straight fluid with no air came out. Didn't really seem right but it worked!
                2009 Audi S5

Comment

You can wangtastic bleed it aka use jason. Or kujiwara bleed it, buy yourself a little oil pump(squirter, oiler) or what ever you call that that you can put oil in with a long nozzle sticking out, pour brake fluid in it, put a clear tubing on it tightly and put it on the already open bleeder and start squeezing, might have some air first but soon will be only fluid, make sure your brake fluid filler cap is open and remove excess fluid with turkey baster, this is called reverse bleeding, if you're doing it properly the pedal should be perfect, i do it every time.
                  Current Fleet
                  #ProjectICreate Jetta GLI32
                  2001 Cobra #88/3786
                  1989 Jetta Trophy 1 of 500
                  2004 Audi A2 FSI Colour Storm RHD
                  2015 B8.5 S4 Sepang/Technik/6MT/SD/AAD/CF

Motorsport Engineer

Comment

Originally posted by kujiwara View Post
                    You can wangtastic bleed it aka use jason. Or kujiwara bleed it, buy yourself a little oil pump(squirter, oiler) or what ever you call that that you can put oil in with a long nozzle sticking out, pour brake fluid in it, put a clear tubing on it tightly and put it on the already open bleeder and start squeezing, might have some air first but soon will be only fluid, make sure your brake fluid filler cap is open and remove excess fluid with turkey baster, this is called reverse bleeding, if you're doing it properly the pedal should be perfect, i do it every time.
                    Thats what I was going to try if it didn't work. Ill do that next time but thanks!
                    2009 Audi S5

Comment

I used my brake bleeder to pressurize the system when I swapped my current 02M in - took a couple tries but worked well.
                      Work - houzz / linkedin
                      Play - haldex swap

Comment

Working...
                      X