Pagani Huayra BC

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pagani Huayra BC

Pagani is introducing the Huayra Benny Caiola (BC), a hardcore iteration of an already astonishing supercar.

While last week’s rumor indicated the Huayra BC would get an extra 100 horsepower (75 kilowatts), in reality the biturbo 6.0-liter V12 has gained “only” around 60 hp (45 kW). That means the AMG-derived engine is now capable of pushing out a whopping 789 hp (588 kW). Torque has also been bumped from the standard 738 pound-feet (1,000 newton meters) to a massive 811 lb-ft (1,098 Nm).

If you are still not impressed, Pagani’s engineers have managed to put the Huayra on a diet and in the end they eliminated no less than 291 pounds (132 kilograms), so now the BC tips the scales at only 2,685 lbs (1,218 kg).

The impressive weight loss was possible thanks to new Forged APP wheels which are 20 lbs (9 kg) lighter while the new titanium exhaust weighs 15.6 lbs (7.1 kg) less than the stock setup. In addition, the Avional-made suspension uprights and wishbones have also contributed to the diet, along with an unknown type of carbon fiber which Pagani says is 50% lighter and 20% stronger than the typical carbon.

Besides gaining more power and shaving off weight, the Huayra BC also went through some aerodynamic optimizations with assistance from none other than Dallara. Except for the roof, all of the other body panels have been modified to make the supercar seem glued to the road at higher speeds.

Another important change is the adoption of a next-generation seven-speed automated manual transmission developed and manufactured by Xtrac. It comes with new carbon fiber synchronizers and features an electro-hydraulic actuation system. Not only is it 40% lighter, but the shift times have been reduced from 150ms to only 75ms.

Pagani has not revealed any details about the supercar’s performances, but you can imagine it is way faster than a standard Huayra which hits 60 miles (96 kilometers) per hour in 3.3 seconds. We won’t be too surprised if the sprint will take around three seconds.

Only 20 units are planned for production, but all of them have already been sold at $2.55M (€2.3M) a pop. According to Top Gear, Pagani has already received many orders for the Huayra BC Roadster which we assume is even more expensive.

The 2016 Pagani Huayra BC will celebrate its public debut at the Geneva Motor Show which kicks off on March 1.

Blair
    Former Cars: '12 Fiat 500, '10 VW GTI, '05 Smart Fortwo, '96 VW Jetta GLX, '02 VW GTI 337.........

Re: Pagani Huayra BC

I need a 700+ hp/tq under 3,000 lb car in my life.
    Rob
    Daddy's "Hooligan" - MK4 R32 in Deep Blue Pearl
    Mommy's "Gran Turismo" - E70 X5M in Black Sapphire Metallic

GONE... BUT NOT FORGOTTEN:

The Family "Muscle Car" - B7 RS4 in Misano Red - Dad's 20th Anniversary "Wanna-be R32" GTi

Comment

Originally posted by Deuce View Post
      I need a 700+ hp/tq under 3,000 lb car in my life.
      Me too. Eurodrivers forum car? I'll chip in a hundred bucks.
      Nick

I love hatchbacks

Comment

Wow, that's a driver's car. Reminds me of what Ferraris and Lamborghinis used to be, a rocket engine with a seat.

Comment

That is seriously a nice looking car. Wow. I have loved Pagani ever since they first released the Zonda, and they have done great things with this hyper car from the looks of it

Comment

I see art on a diet. It's like Michelangelo meets Chapman.
            Find me on Instagram @pry4sno

Candy White 2010 VW Golf Sportwagen TDI 6 speed /// #farmenwagen
            Indigo Pearl Effect 1992 80q 20v /// Eventual AAN'd Winter Sled
            Brilliant Black 1990 Coupe quattro /// Because Racecar

Comment

Incredible. Pagani and koenigsegg insane hypercars
              Now offering detailing services!! http://www.gtrauto.ca/detailing-services.html

United Motorsport, Kerma TDI, KW, APR, COBB, Magnaflow, K&N, AFE, Motul, Lubromoly, Sonax, Air Lift, HPA, Ohlins, Klutch Wheels, Remus Exhaust

info@gtrauto.ca / www.gtrauto.ca / GTR Auto Facebook

Comment

Blair
                Former Cars: '12 Fiat 500, '10 VW GTI, '05 Smart Fortwo, '96 VW Jetta GLX, '02 VW GTI 337.........

Comment

Working...
                X