Back to my roots kind of a build thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Back to my roots kind of a build thread

HAWT damn... on that motor. Looks good. Keep the posts coming!

Should've never sold my GLI. That thing is pure sex.
    Last edited by BolideVW; 03-10-2017, 03:21 PM.
    Dylan

Comment

Bob, that erotic set was for your eyes only!! .... ill leave this here

flywheel on!

clutch next

mated the transmission

engine in wiring ran almost ready

went to bleed the clutch after and it dropped strait to the floor, found out im missing a grommet between the slave and the bleeder box, called her quits after that... here's to hoping that that's the issue we shall find out tonight.

Current
      02 Audi S3 - Low and Slow phase II follow the build @j_gheron
      04 GLI low and slow OG
      Past
      02 Laser S4//605'd//aquamisted//EPLed
      00 Jetta 1.8T OEM+

Comment

Originally posted by gheron View Post
        went to bleed the clutch after and it dropped strait to the floor, found out im missing a grommet between the slave and the bleeder box, called her quits after that... here's to hoping that that's the issue we shall find out tonight.
        Same thing happened to me the first time I had my GLI apart. Tunedub had one in stock, think he just gave it to me. Colin should be able to get you one too.
        Dylan

Comment

well she lives!!!! was about 2.5 hours of the car cranking but no start.. no fuel no spark tested everything we could.. and everything was working... turned out to be a bad crank position sensor.. got her replaced and she started right up... still some things to do... install wideband and exhaust, figure out an intake, put the interior back together, i dont like how we had to run the intercooler piping so that will get taken care of as well after the break in... hope i can start driving her next week... quick video as proof!

Last edited by gheron; 03-21-2017, 01:52 PM.

Current
          04 GLI low and slow OG
          Past
          00 Jetta 1.8T OEM+

Comment

Great progress! Can't wait to go for a ride once its all sorted!!
            TJ
            '17 Ram 3500 Laramie
            '01 Silver S4

Comment

Nice sound! Like a purring tiger.
              Last edited by witchcraftz; 03-22-2017, 09:33 AM.

Comment

Haven’t updated this in forever!!! The car did about 17,000 km this summer with all the shows I ended up attending it was an awesome year, not one hiccup from the motor which I’m super happy with... now I need to crank up the boost near the end of the season the slave decided it didn’t want to work anymore so the car was parked abit early but some pics below

Driven Calgary

Wuste!!

Rubbing through my side wall on the way back from Driven Winnipeg.. that’s fitment yo!!!

Lower than your Ferrari brah

GCVW

Illmotion (thanks Lish!)

And a sick roller by Danny!!

And now the big news!! I love the Jetta I really do but 2 things have always been on the back on my mind 1. It’s a front wheel drive car.. and 2. Rear beam sucking up some curvey fun... so I saw an opportunity and jumped on it the build thread will continue with abit of a twist.. stay tuned

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                Last edited by gheron; 11-07-2017, 11:52 PM.

Current
                04 GLI low and slow OG
                Past
                00 Jetta 1.8T OEM+

Comment

car is looking money as always jon!

I hope the new one's a wagon!!!

Comment

Oh snap, congrats on the new ride! Is it a wagon?
                    Fly with me on Instagram!:/:Travel Blog Tickle Your Fancy? Click This!:/:YouTube

Don

sigpic

Comment

wooowww... been a while... UPDATE TIME!!

most of you know that the car is a s3... after driving Ryan's once i was hooked and had to have my own... the fact that my built motor was going to be a natural fit was just icing on the cake.... I was somehow lucky enough to find one local... and the terible financial decision was made, i could not be happier....

she was used well during the winter..

as we were nearing world of wheels a decision was made to throw the car in... the swap wasnt going to be done in time but suspension and wheels go a long way.... photo cred to Danny

broadways for the win!!

after world of wheels surgery began, the jetta was towed to my place to have its heart torn out

engine out

... yadda yadda yadda... engine came out of the s3 and i decided it would be a wise choice to try and smooth out the bay with a bit of body filler... i have a new found respect for any auto body tech

during -

how it turned out -

anyway threw the motor in... had to swap some sensors over as the clips on the s3 and gli were not the same... decided to go with a air to water intercooler to save my bumper this time and gain alittle bit of spool time... and some water methanol... the semi finished product...

and this is where we are now.. it's heading to get the downpipe and boost pipes fabricated this week... hope to be driving it next!!

.... ooo yea and some aggressive ass tires i need to try and fit .... lets see how this goes may have bitten off more than i can chew on this tire selection.

Last edited by gheron; 05-01-2018, 03:09 PM.

Current
                      04 GLI low and slow OG
                      Past
                      00 Jetta 1.8T OEM+

Comment

Wow, a lot of work there. I think the engine bay smoothing turned out nice.

Comment

welll..... here comes another big update.... 2019... what a year...

first and foremost.... to go with the fully built bottom end... and quite the large turbo for a 4 banger I decided to go full on and build the head... full port/polish and 3 angle valve job on the AEB head along with supertech intake/exhaust valves, springs, retainers and cat 3658 cams, all should help the car breath better up top once tuned.

to go along with the fresh head and after learning I had multiple cracks in my exhaust manifold I went up to Edmonton and saw Aaron Hannah from Arc Fab to get the process going on a new manifold and a custom downpipe and exhaust setup... I got to say he and his team knocked it out of the park, if anyone is looking for any custom fab work i would not hesitate to drop him a line.

lastly a change of shoes after running the Porsche kups for 3 years I thought it was time for a change, picked up a set of M-Technica silverstones 18x9/10 Mtech only made 5 sets of these wheels when the opportunity came up to own a set I jumped all over it; some shots form Danny

soo.. whats left.... the car has been driven untuned for the last three seasons which is frustrating as hell.. while its still a fast little car knowing what it could be and not having the local support for eurodyne has been extremely disappointing so I think im going to switch the setup to a stand alone system, tons of new options out there plug and play for the 1.8 and it should help squeeze out all the power from the setup.. outside of that to make sure i don't starve for fuel especially in the higher RPM's im going to convert to a surge tanks setup and some direct port meth... hopefully get this thing finalized and ready to rip apart anything for next year.

now for probably the most exciting part of the post... picked up a new daily.. I've wanted a RS4 for as long as i can remember after some time searching for the right one i finally pulled the trigger on this beauty... 07 Phantom Black, 78K has a JHM tune Milltek catless downpipes and exhaust which sound absolutely nutty!! plus makes parking the s3 much easier!!!

Current
                          04 GLI low and slow OG
                          Past
                          00 Jetta 1.8T OEM+

Comment

Congrats, that looks like an awesome garage!!!

Now do something about that front plate piece on the S3
                            Blair
                            Former Cars: '12 Fiat 500, '10 VW GTI, '05 Smart Fortwo, '96 VW Jetta GLX, '02 VW GTI 337.........

Comment

awesome find!
                              ~~TODD~~
                              '12 x5 35d fully deleted (DUDMD Stg2)

Comment

Working...
                              X