Closetohome 2016

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Closetohome 2016

Had a good time today! Nice to see familiar faces and chat. Didn't take a whole lot of pics but here's some!
    Tracy's and Derek's

rs2 and s4 avants! Nogaro blue looks so good on cars

s4 avant

Dan's Audi

Nick's GT3

I'm the combo breaker...

Alicia's

battle of the wagons

Don's

Tracy's

love this!

love your work!

Comment

Today's show was great but left me quite disappointed. Not due to any of the planning or events that went on, but because most people had left by about 12:30. I understand people have other commitments in their lives, and thats fine, but i'm talking about 40-50% of the people in the show were gone by 1pm. So I just want to start off by saying this.....

I want to thank EVERYONE involved in putting on this show. From Derek and the guys at 5th ave that put in so much work just to clear the parking lot to allow us to use it, to all the guys at CVD that work hard to put on this event. CVD is rebuilding under new management, and it will take time to bring it all to glory, but we should appreciate their hard efforts to put on a good show. Seeing people leaving so early is sad because it gives the image that something is wrong with the show. Personally, I thought it was a great show like always and the new CVD group did a great job in hosting it. I hope it doesnt discourage them by any means in the future. At the end of the day, any show is still better than not having a show, and a $10 donation is a small price to pay to help out the club that organizes it all. I look forward to seeing what they do with FFH and Das Volks (assuming both will resume).

A big thanks to everyone who helped out with the show, and to everyone who stayed till the end and helped Derek and 5th ave get organized again. Also thanks to all the photographers that were there taking pics, so far they look awesome!
      Patryk
      Instagram: @parkus08

91 BMW 340is ///M-Tech II - Under construction
      08 VW .:R32
      04 Audi A4 Avant 1.8TQ

Comment

Originally posted by P Arkus View Post
        Today's show was great but left me quite disappointed. Not due to any of the planning or events that went on, but because most people had left by about 12:30. I understand people have other commitments in their lives, and thats fine, but i'm talking about 40-50% of the people in the show were gone by 1pm. So I just want to start off by saying this.....

I want to thank EVERYONE involved in putting on this show. From Derek and the guys at 5th ave that put in so much work just to clear the parking lot to allow us to use it, to all the guys at CVD that work hard to put on this event. CVD is rebuilding under new management, and it will take time to bring it all to glory, but we should appreciate their hard efforts to put on a good show. Seeing people leaving so early is sad because it gives the image that something is wrong with the show. Personally, I thought it was a great show like always and the new CVD group did a great job in hosting it. I hope it doesnt discourage them by any means in the future. At the end of the day, any show is still better than not having a show, and a $10 donation is a small price to pay to help out the club that organizes it all. I look forward to seeing what they do with FFH and Das Volks (assuming both will resume).

A big thanks to everyone who helped out with the show, and to everyone who stayed till the end and helped Derek and 5th ave get organized again. Also thanks to all the photographers that were there taking pics, so far they look awesome!
        Very well said Patryk! I think CVD did a great job and looking forward to fahrfromhome and dasvolks
        2003 Volkswagen Jetta Gli
        2009 Audi S5

Instagram : Adrian.Cocis

Comment

Thanks everyone for all the support! We had some snags along the way and was perplexed why people left so early, but that is life. Have to work with what you have.

If things go our way, FFH will be delicious especially the venue I found. Pending approval.
          Last edited by flipstah; 05-30-2016, 03:22 PM.
          Fly with me on Instagram!:/:Travel Blog Tickle Your Fancy? Click This!:/:YouTube

Don

sigpic

Comment

Part 1 of my Close to Home Coverage is up on my new website. Check it out at www.dannydonaldson.photography
            Last edited by Danaldson; 06-01-2016, 08:52 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by GINCH View Post
              Didn't see you there today Blair or did I miss you?
              I had a few other plans on Sunday and was trying to squeeze it all in but ended up being too late to see the action, quite disappointed I missed the strong showing though...
              Blair
              Former Cars: '12 Fiat 500, '10 VW GTI, '05 Smart Fortwo, '96 VW Jetta GLX, '02 VW GTI 337.........

Comment

Working...
              X