X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: A Gambler’s Thread – e30mclow’s Replacement S4

Looks gorgeous!!
    Blair
    Former Cars: '12 Fiat 500, '10 VW GTI, '05 Smart Fortwo, '96 VW Jetta GLX, '02 VW GTI 337.........

Comment

Lookin good, man.

It's funny I was like "why do his rotors look like that?" and then saw your comment.

Comment

Looking Great Gerard! When u coming home? Those miro's look like you have a ton of room for the calipers. How much clearance do you have?

Comment

Originally posted by bobkatkat View Post
          Looking Great Gerard! When u coming home? Those miro's look like you have a ton of room for the calipers. How much clearance do you have?
          Might not be back for another year, sighhhh.

Tons of room. I put on the brakes and was disappointed with how much room there was left to fill.
          I'll take a photo, but there's easily 10mm at the tightest point

I have the RS4 bumper in the truck today, so I'll be trying to get pricing on having it painted.
          First place wanted $750 to paint it, so we'll see what the 2nd and only other place has to say.
          Last edited by e30mclow; 08-28-2017, 10:47 AM.

Comment

Put a deposit down on something, pending inspection on the 16th.
            Thread to follow if everything checks out.

Bit too easy, but any guesses?
            Last edited by e30mclow; 09-08-2017, 12:08 PM.

Comment

A red one.
              Calgary Autoworks

2004.5 Jetta GLI
              2005 Audi Allroad

Comment

Originally posted by BaggedGLI View Post
                A red one.
                Red 2002

Comment

So disappointed ��

Had the car inspected and the frame rails supporting the floor/bulkhead were so rusted out, they said they wouldn't recommend driving it. Such a pity as the exterior, interior and engine were amazing.

The hunt continues

Comment

Goodness, it has been a while!

What do you do when you need to move to Ottawa for a few weeks with work? Take a plane and rent a car?
                    Nope. You drive what is widely regarded as an unreliable car of course.

At the risk/likelihood of there being poor weather conditions, I downgraded to my stock 17s

Tiiiiight on the Porsche 18Zs. I needed to grind part of the caliper back

As the roads would likely be crap, it was time for new coilovers

A little bit of a shakedown sesh last week, before committing to using the S4 for the trip.

A quick alignment and I was on my way

I stopped on the bridge leaving my red neck island for a quick sunrise shot
                    It was a glorious morning

It quickly turned though, and my wipers remained on (and are still on) for the remaining 700+ miles.

I stayed over night in Scranton PA, home of the US version of The Office.
                    Upon getting into town I spotted this site from the opening credits. Man, I love that show

The weather got worse and the temperatures colder on Sunday, as I kept heading north for Canada.
                    Crossing into New York

I had no issues crossing the border, bar my pops & bangs tune making my exhaust backfire a tad too much

Upon crossing the invisible divide between the US and Canada, it was incredible to see snow on one side, yet none on the other.
                    I literally drove over this bridge, and Canada had 3" of snow....Nothing on the US side of the river...

I pulled in at the first gas station and likely looked incredibly suspicious, as I swapped out my US cluster for a Canadian one. No quick arithmetic for this lazy guy!

My mileage dropped considerably, as I bought this from a chap that imported a fairly new S4 to the US from Canada in 2001. I've since corrected the KMs to match.
                    I also reflashed my ECU to turn down the violent pops & bangs, as it was turning a few heads.

The gold at the end of the rainbow - my first shwarma in yearssssss. You just can't get them in North Carolina

It is great to be back in Canada for a little

Comment

Welcome home.

Comment

Awesome journey and got to love immigration issues
                        Blair
                        Former Cars: '12 Fiat 500, '10 VW GTI, '05 Smart Fortwo, '96 VW Jetta GLX, '02 VW GTI 337.........

Comment

RS4 cluster installed last weekend

Winter Tires

The car was also treated to a complete timing belt job and will be getting a proactive Aux water pump replacement this week.
                          I also had the car re-tuned (this is revision 15 now) for the colder climate. It ABSOLUTELY RIPS now.

I'll update my e30 thread with the sh1tshow that was my permanent move from the US back to Canada last week.

Comment

Any interest from my Calgary peeps in perhaps buying this?

I'm obviously in Ottawa these days, but figured I'd throw it out there, as guys were thirsty for clean B5s when I left YYC.
                            I Haven't advertised it anywhere yet.

I'm thinking around $12k CAD. Like all B5 guys, I'm about double that into it, EXCLUDING the $10k USD I paid for it.

Comment

Sold, and sold fast (same day I posted it here considering selling it).
                              Didn't even have to advertise.

I guess my new daily excludes me from "euro"drivers discussions

Comment

Originally posted by e30mclow View Post
                                Sold, and sold fast (same day I posted it here considering selling it).
                                Didn't even have to advertise.

I guess my new daily excludes me from "euro"drivers discussions
                                Oh my God. (unpopular opinion but) That is sooooo much better haha

I had the pleasure of doing a full detail on one of these about two years ago. Such a cool car.

Sent from my CLT-L04 using Tapatalk
                                Last edited by GingerBeef; 10-12-2019, 10:46 PM.
                                Jason

"You dont buy a Volkswagen once, you buy it ten times."
                                ---Samuel Moore

Instagram: @Wangtastic
                                PM me to get your car detailed! - Brightside Detailing

Comment

Working...
                                X