Tuesday Euro Cars and Coffee

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Tuesday Euro Cars and Coffee

RAGE! So p*ssed to read this. Then again... RWD + Amateur + Too much power usually leads to the same result if given enough time.

Grrr.... Should've just kept it at Safeway in Marda Loop. At least with that location, there wasn't much "show off" appeal since the parking lot and the road leaving the venue were separated and with plenty of parked cars all around Marda Loop, only the most super duper of morons would consider letting it rip big time. If you check out the dozens of YouTube Cars & Coffee fails online, it's usually the same recipe of RWD a-holes wanting to show off, pulling onto a usually double-lane or larger street with "plenty of room", gunning it, and then realizing that their skills actually needed 10 lanes of room to do anything safely.

I feel terrible for the 2 girls in the hospital too. Like WTF... just trying to make a life for themselves here in Canada and... F*ck.
    Rob
    Daddy's "Hooligan" - MK4 R32 in Deep Blue Pearl
    Mommy's "Gran Turismo" - E70 X5M in Black Sapphire Metallic

GONE... BUT NOT FORGOTTEN:

The Family "Muscle Car" - B7 RS4 in Misano Red - Dad's 20th Anniversary "Wanna-be R32" GTi

Comment

The reason the location was changed was because Safeway did not want anyone there anymore. Cars and Coffee was always for a more mature audience. My guess is they will start to toughen up their screening process.
      Now offering detailing services!! http://www.gtrauto.ca/detailing-services.html

United Motorsport, Kerma TDI, KW, APR, COBB, Magnaflow, K&N, AFE, Motul, Lubromoly, Sonax, Air Lift, HPA, Ohlins, Klutch Wheels, Remus Exhaust

info@gtrauto.ca / www.gtrauto.ca / GTR Auto Facebook

Comment

Saw the video.....Didn't seem like they were trying to drift. Seems to me driving aggressively and mistook the gas for the brake
        Now offering detailing services!! http://www.gtrauto.ca/detailing-services.html

United Motorsport, Kerma TDI, KW, APR, COBB, Magnaflow, K&N, AFE, Motul, Lubromoly, Sonax, Air Lift, HPA, Ohlins, Klutch Wheels, Remus Exhaust

info@gtrauto.ca / www.gtrauto.ca / GTR Auto Facebook

Comment

From the FCA Facebook page:

The Ferrari Club of America - Alberta Chapter is mortified by the accident that occurred on July 26, 2016 on Quarry Park Blvd following the gathering of car enthusiasts known as Euro Cars and Coffee. It is an informal and open opportunity for any and all people interested in cars, particularly exotic European and collector cars, to meet other like minded enthusiasts, share a cup of coffee, and enjoy the art that these vehicles represent. Enthusiasts come and go as they see fit.

We have cautioned people not to do burnouts, speed, or otherwise do stunts with their cars. However, our cautioning does not control their actions. This is not an organized group, but a group of old and soon-to-be friends getting together. It has always been open to the public whether they are a car person or not. We have no control over who attends or what they do before or after the event.

We express our condolences to Sheila Tankay and Irish Atibula and wish them a speedy and full recovery.

Out of respect for these two young women who were injured, the FCA Alberta Chapter and Cardel have decided to suspend Euro Cars and Coffee. We will advise when we start it up again.
          Can't say this comes as any surprise to me. Certainly disappointing that the actions of a few idiots can ruin it for everyone.
          Scott
          '23 Audi Q5 Technik | Ultra Blue Metallic | Black​
          '01 DC5 Honda Integra Type R | Championship White | Red

Comment

Well they have to distance themselves from this type of behaviour but hopefully it will return at some point once people get the message, but it only takes one unfortunately.
            Blair
            Former Cars: '12 Fiat 500, '10 VW GTI, '05 Smart Fortwo, '96 VW Jetta GLX, '02 VW GTI 337.........

Comment

Originally posted by Natty54 View Post
              Saw the video.....Didn't seem like they were trying to drift. Seems to me driving aggressively and mistook the gas for the brake
              my guess is that the boyfriend in the passenger seat flicked off the traction control and told her to floor it. I doubt the car would let that happen if the traction was on.

Comment

Surprisingly, this is back on for next Tuesday!

https://instagram.com/p/BJ-mwTCjfGL/
                Scott
                '23 Audi Q5 Technik | Ultra Blue Metallic | Black​
                '01 DC5 Honda Integra Type R | Championship White | Red

Comment

Wow...didn't expect it to be back this year.

I might stop by.
                  Rob

2004 VW R32

Comment

Ya-Hoo!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                    Rob
                    Daddy's "Hooligan" - MK4 R32 in Deep Blue Pearl
                    Mommy's "Gran Turismo" - E70 X5M in Black Sapphire Metallic

GONE... BUT NOT FORGOTTEN:

The Family "Muscle Car" - B7 RS4 in Misano Red - Dad's 20th Anniversary "Wanna-be R32" GTi

Comment

Nice! I'm going to try and swing by there, too.
                      2008 Audi RS4
                      2015 Fiat 500 Abarth

Comment

Glad to see it back!!!
                        Blair
                        Former Cars: '12 Fiat 500, '10 VW GTI, '05 Smart Fortwo, '96 VW Jetta GLX, '02 VW GTI 337.........

Comment

ill try to make it.

Comment

Working...
                          X