Honda Ruckus timeline.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Honda Ruckus timeline.

Could have go with an electric engine in the front wheel and a lithium pack...... 2WD.... lol

Joke aside, do you have more info on the new engine beside the size?

BTW, TT looks way better that way, good job! Wife saw it today and said she was looking nice but she didn't like the A4 with the cameo on it....or doesn't like white car usually.....
    Last edited by syncrovan; 07-06-2017, 04:24 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by syncrovan View Post
      Could have go with an electric engine in the front wheel and a lithium pack...... 2WD.... lol

Joke aside, do you have more info on the new engine beside the size?

BTW, TT looks way better that way, good job! Wife saw it today and said she was looking nice but she didn't like the A4 with the cameo on it....or doesn't like white car usually.....

Hey sorry i missed this post! the new motor is a chinese 150cc motor. the "Gy6" is in a ton of scooters you see on the road. Its a cheap simple engine. 150cc 4 stroke, air cooled engine with a stock 24mm carb. engine makes 8.6 hp. (50cc made 4.8 or 5).

theres tons of room for upgrades on this motor. lots of bolt on big bore kits available anywhere from 171cc-232cc.

So the swap is complete! head over to my youtube channel to see the build.

Some pics of the new setup. Pumped to be riding again! this thing is insanely fast compared to the 50cc. Acelleration and off the line, its a huge difference. The top speed currently is 88kph. Extremely happy

Comment

pretty rad. nice work.
        does this change the way you need to register/insure it? my understanding was always that under 50cc you didn't need a motorcycle license, but I have no idea.

Comment

Originally posted by miketweedie View Post
          pretty rad. nice work.
          does this change the way you need to register/insure it? my understanding was always that under 50cc you didn't need a motorcycle license, but I have no idea.
          Thats the tricky part I'm not exactly sure. Im sure since its no longer 49cc. it will require a license which do plan on getting anwyas.

Currently on the registration.... it says type of operation: Motorcycle. But on the left hand side where the vehicle description is (like color/model/etc) it says vehicle style: moped. So its kinda unclear. Ill have to do more research.

A friend of mine currently has the same swap as me. he got pulled over for pure curiosity of what it was, but the cop asked what cc it was. he played dumb and said stock 49cc. Cop went on his way like nothing happened. Im sure its technically illegal to ride it now without a license. But i doubt a police officer would ever be able to tell the difference between the 49cc and 150cc and visually it not much bigger at all.

Comment

Originally posted by Danaldson View Post
            Thats the tricky part I'm not exactly sure. Im sure since its no longer 49cc. it will require a license which do plan on getting anwyas.

Currently on the registration.... it says type of operation: Motorcycle. But on the left hand side where the vehicle description is (like color/model/etc) it says vehicle style: moped. So its kinda unclear. Ill have to do more research.

A friend of mine currently has the same swap as me. he got pulled over for pure curiosity of what it was, but the cop asked what cc it was. he played dumb and said stock 49cc. Cop went on his way like nothing happened. Im sure its technically illegal to ride it now without a license. But i doubt a police officer would ever be able to tell the difference between the 49cc and 150cc and visually it not much bigger at all.
            Insurance might take issue with it if you're ever in a accident though...
            --
            Rod
            Ex-presidente

Drive

2016 VW Golf .:R

Drove
            2001.5 Audi S4 / Santorin Blue STAGE II+ / JFonz Tuned

Comment

Originally posted by Ur0Drivr View Post
              Insurance might take issue with it if you're ever in a accident though...
              yeah like i said ill have to do more research.

Comment

It's a motorcycle now. Alberta defines the following:

Power bicycles
                Electric motor with a maximum power of 500 watts. Top speed of 32 km/h

Moped
                Electric motor, or has an engine that has a displacement of not more than 50 cc (cubic centimeters). Minimum seat height of 65 cm from the ground. Top speed of 70 km/h

Motorcycle
                Any motor vehicle other than a moped that is mounted on 2 or 3 wheels.

http://www.transportation.alberta.ca...sGuide2014.pdf

Comment

Originally posted by Danaldson View Post
                  Hey sorry i missed this post! the new motor is a chinese 150cc motor. the "Gy6" is in a ton of scooters you see on the road. Its a cheap simple engine. 150cc 4 stroke, air cooled engine with a stock 24mm carb. engine makes 8.6 hp. (50cc made 4.8 or 5).

theres tons of room for upgrades on this motor. lots of bolt on big bore kits available anywhere from 171cc-232cc.
                  No worries.Thanks for all info.
                  I didn't have enough time to watch everything but I saw the motor install, this is pretty nice.

I was a little surprised by these numbers on the low side but I forgot that I am used to what was in Europe and at that time it was 2 strokes.

Anyway, looks really good, it must be pretty nice to keep up with traffic. Is the handling ok at higher speed?

Comment

Originally posted by syncrovan View Post
                    No worries.Thanks for all info.
                    I didn't have enough time to watch everything but I saw the motor install, this is pretty nice.

I was a little surprised by these numbers on the low side but I forgot that I am used to what was in Europe and at that time it was 2 strokes.

Anyway, looks really good, it must be pretty nice to keep up with traffic. Is the handling ok at higher speed?
                    Yeah the ruckus is fine at high speeds. It takes a little time getting used to the weight distribution as its a little biased on the left side, but you cant tell once you get riding.

Comment

• Re: Honda Ruckus timeline.

Bitter sweet moment this weekend. I sold the ruckus and its going back up to its home in Edmonton. Had a lot of fun with this bike, but i made the decision to sell it to invest in my growing photography business. As i get more serious about photography/videography it was the right thing to do. Ill hopefully build another one sooner than later!

Comment

• Re: Honda Ruckus timeline.

Best of luck in your new home you crazy Ruckus!!!
                        Blair
                        Former Cars: '12 Fiat 500, '10 VW GTI, '05 Smart Fortwo, '96 VW Jetta GLX, '02 VW GTI 337.........

Comment

Working...
                        X