Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Honda Ruckus timeline.

2 Dans with 49cc mopeds on here. neato!

@e30mclow, i can't see how it's considered a bicycle if there's no pedals. that would be considered a powered bicycle and no licence required, but with only one means of power, you would need a licence for it. AFAIK

cool little bikes guys!
    you probably don't like me because someone else said they didn't lol. <3

Comment

Awesome haha^

Comment

Some go faster bits came in yesterday!

Fresh spark plug
        NCY Unlimited CDI
        Molossi Variator with 7 gram rollers
        Malossi 4.9 Gram rollers
        Poling Belt
        AND PEGS!!! Hurray Leg room!

Heres a look under the CVT cover. Variator on the left, Clutch on the right.

New variator on and chose the 4.9 gram weights to begin with. Lighter weights raise Rpm(better for acceleration but lower top speed), Heavier Weights Lower rpm (higher top speed but slower acceleration)

Will be a lot of playing around with weight combos on the new variator to optimize it for both top speed and acceleration.

After going for a test ride on the 4.9 weights i notice acceleration was great, but i lost 10km/hour from the stock variator. This means the weights were too light.

Swapped over to the 7 gram weights and top speed was back up to 60. Same as stock, but i noticed low and mid range acceleration was much better. So thats good signs. Im going to order some heavier weights and see how that does.

After playing around with the weights, it got to installing my CDI. This removes the rev limiter from your ruckus and plays with the torque curve a little bit. I noticed a bit better acceleration again, but more tuning is needed for me to hit my rev limiter(need to re jet down to a smaller main jet).

The cdi is the little red box under the zip tie. it basically piggy backs on to your ecu.

Last and probably my favourite mod so far is the PEGS! finally i dont hit my knees on the handle bars and gives me a little bit of a sportier riding position.

I have another package arriving today so yay for more mods! and one big package hopefully coming at the end of the week, or early next.

And a nice little roller form bob :P
        fast_man_ by waffle assassin, on Flickr

Comment

Best build thread evar. These things are cool!

Comment

You went all out on this pretty quick lol. I love it.
            Fly with me on Instagram!:/:Travel Blog Tickle Your Fancy? Click This!:/:YouTube

Don

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by nismodrifter View Post
              Best build thread evar. These things are cool!
              thanks haha! i love it!
              Originally posted by flipstah View Post
              You went all out on this pretty quick lol. I love it.
              Well compared to the audi... parts are dirt cheap. But i guess they do add up. Going to try to have this thing ready for illmotion now that the audi is fucked.
              Last edited by Danaldson; 08-03-2016, 09:20 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by 100%VAGitarian View Post

@e30mclow, i can't see how it's considered a bicycle if there's no pedals. that would be considered a powered bicycle and no licence required, but with only one means of power, you would need a licence for it. AFAIK

cool little bikes guys!
                What can I say? Answer - because that's 'Murica right derrrr

Comment

Woohoo! more parts! My orders from Password JDM and TheRuckShop came yesterday.

In the password jdm box:
                  Lowered seat frame powder coated black
                  Lower frame brace with pegs powder coated black
                  Lowered handlebar stem with bar.
                  Anodized red ignition key cover.

In TheRuckShop box came:
                  Roller Weight Tuning set 4 Gram -14 Gram
                  Jet Kit including 38 slow jet, 80,82,85 main jets
                  Trail tech Vapor digital tachometer/Speedometer
                  Michelin Bopper front tire 120/90/10
                  the Ruck shop stem face with vapor tach/speedometer mount.

Last night installed my lowered seat frame, lower frame brace and lowered handlebars. The bike is looking pretty sweet now! Really happy with the lowered seat frame and handlebars. its much more comfortable down lower and i have much more leg room with my feet on either sets of pegs .

Before:

After:

Im not too sure what to think of the lower frame brace... It looks kinda cool but it raises the floor so high that I'm unable to put my feet in there anymore. Although the pegs that are attached are great.

As for the handle bars they are great, but i think i may order a different bar. the straight bars aren't the greatest to ride with, so i may look for an angled bar for more comfortable riding. As you can see i also installed the tach/speedo mount stem face. I cant wait to install the vapour tach. Will be much easier to tune the bike knowing exactly where to get the most power in the rev range.

Finally i re-jetted the carb down to a 80 main jet and removed the shim in the needle. I found out for much higher altitudes it better to have the slightly smaller main jet (80 instead of the 85 i had) and removing the shim in the needle (makes it boggy in higher altitudes with the shim).

I also played around with some more rollers in the variator.
                  I tried out 11 gram weights just to see what would happen : slower acceleration/high top speed Kept pulling past 60kph
                  lowered it down to 8.5 gram rights and it felt better. Good acceleration and a high top speed. I am regularly hitting 63kph on flats, 65+ when tucking and over 75 bombing down a hill. Im getting close to where i want it. I think with exhaust and more toying with roller weights i will be able to hit 70kph on flats. Thats the goal.
                  Last edited by Danaldson; 08-05-2016, 09:05 AM.

Comment

I'm digging the lowered seat frame

The combination of the lowered seat frame and the raised main floor seem ridiculous if you are above 5'-0" (are you??)
                    Try out the new handlebars, but i find that if i'm hunched over too much when riding bikes for an extended period of time either my back starts to hurt or my wrists start to hurt because more weight is being put on them from leaning over. I think you may have the same problems being tall as well, so maybe give that a bit of thought. The previous handlebars really look the proper height ergonomically for you just based off your previous roller picture combined with the seat lowering.

Comment

Originally posted by MechEngg View Post
                      I'm digging the lowered seat frame

The combination of the lowered seat frame and the raised main floor seem ridiculous if you are above 5'-0" (are you??)
                      Try out the new handlebars, but i find that if i'm hunched over too much when riding bikes for an extended period of time either my back starts to hurt or my wrists start to hurt because more weight is being put on them from leaning over. I think you may have the same problems being tall as well, so maybe give that a bit of thought. The previous handlebars really look the proper height ergonomically for you just based off your previous roller picture combined with the seat lowering.
                      Agreed sean. I find now that i have the pegs, i am no longer putting my feet on the scooter floorboard anyways. The pegs are super comfortable for me. So thats not too big of an issue i guess. But like you said, i do feel a little hunched over while riding for a longer period of time like today as i rode it to work.

I will probably look for something that sits in between the stock bars and the super low bars.

Comment

I love the way it's starting to look. I'm unsure about the lower frame brace but that's just me
                        2003 Volkswagen Jetta Gli
                        2009 Audi S5

Instagram : Adrian.Cocis

Comment

Ruckus content:

Comment

Installed my Trail Tech Vapor Speedo and tach on friday. This is going to be a huge help with tuning the bike instead of tuning blindly and just going off off what i hear and feel. I noticed that my rpm's are wayy under the optimal power band right now, so i am going to step it down to lighter weights in the variator to bring the rpm's up.

I just need to calculate the proper rolling diameter for the speedometer and i will be good to go.

The tach shows
                            Speed/Top Speed
                            Rpm's
                            Temperature
                            Engine Temperature
                            distance
                            time
                            odometer
                            Trip Time
                            Hour Meter
                            Stop Watch
                            Ride Time
                            Accumulated Ride Time

Tons of features in this little thing!

One problem with the Vapor Tach/Speedo is that the rpm's wont work properly with the NCY Cdi that i had installed. I guess the aftermarket cdi send pulses to the spark plug and makes it read improperly. I removed this prior to installing so i could see where my rpm's are at. Once i get into the optimal rpm's with the variator i will re install the Cdi to unleash the beast.

Last edited by Danaldson; 08-08-2016, 09:32 AM.

Comment

Let the fun continue!

My Mojo Customs Stretch kit has arrived! Everything tightly packed into the box.

Motor mount
                              Little Baby Coilover
                              stretch arm/bracket
                              extended fuel line
                              Longer Brake/Throttle Cables.
                              Some red Grips
                              and a kickstand.

Got right to it!
                              Had to free up a bunch of lines and brakes in order to get the engine moved back and stretch arm bracket bolted up to the frame.

Old Motor Mount Removed

New shock vs old shock

The mojo Kit comes with a choice of three lengths of stretch's. guess which one i picked?

Engine mount/Stretch bar on!

Was super close to finishing last night. Just a few more things left to reassemble. The stock throttle and rear brake cable were just barely too short to work. Needed to be about 2-3 inches longer. New extended throttle cable is on, and will be putting the longer rear brake cable on tonight and doing finishing touches! Cant wait!

Oh and the kit also came with this

Comment

Niceeeee so sick. White wall!!!!! Yeah boi!
                                TJ
                                '17 Ram 3500 Laramie
                                '01 Silver S4

Comment

Working...
                                X