It's my turn to go through this

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It's my turn to go through this

So yesterday I got rear ended! I'm heartbroken, as I know that they'll try to write my car off due to age and mileage. The car is absolutely clean, mint and maintained meticulously. I'm looking for the guys with experience going through this process to give a word of advice on how to go about this whole thing. I have receipts that prove all the work in maintaining/upgrading the car, 10 thousand dollars worth. I'm not ready to walk away from the car just yet. Also looking for names of good, reputable auto body shops, I got in touch with the insurance company who is representing the lady that hit me and they suggested I take my car up to craftsman collision in royal oak. Anyone dealt with these guys before!? This situation is a first for me so any kind of advice and direction is good. Thanks!

Now onto the carnage...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Re: It's my turn to go through this

Sorry to hear about your accident. I really have very little to add with respect to your questions however I can say those RS's look amazing on the car!
    Derek

-2008 Avus Silver RS4-Fat ass II
    -1996 C4S-Fat Ass
    -2007 FJ Cruiser-6 speed

Comment

Dude....
      I'm so sorry this happened. Everyone ok?
      Looks like the RS's made it through without a scratch.
      Last edited by jacktown; 07-23-2016, 10:20 PM.
      Nick

I love hatchbacks

Comment

Thanks Derek, the wheels really suit the car!

Comment

Nick everyone is fine, 2 little kids in the car that hit me but not a scratch on them! It kills me every time I look at the car parked with the rear all tore up. The wheels give the car a nice classy touch. Love them.

Comment

Glad everyone is OK.... Stampede collision did an amazing job on our Passat and it was a fast turn around. If they do write it off, never take the first couple of offers, and the receipts will help a lot with the process!
            Hers 2009 Audi A4 6sp manual
            Mine....2005 Golf TDI, VNT 17, Malone tuned stage 4, Spec stage 2 clutch, FMIC, Ventectomy, NewSouth gauges, BuzzKen 2.5 turbo back exhaust, Evolution Skidplate, Helix OEM Reps retrofitted with Morimoto Bixenon mini's, ST coils, colour matched Huffs. Frostheater

Comment

:(

Sent from my SM-N910W8 using Tapatalk

Comment

Looks like over 10k of damage easily even using used parts(in bc), in Calgary it probably cost 50% more at least for shittier work, you can check my build thread on how to deal with this crap, I deal with this too much. Good luck with it but it's probably a write off, don't get your hopes up too high, at least you're fine and passats aren't too bad to get these days.
                Be persistent and explain what's done and show them all the receipts although they only care about upgrades that increase the value of the car.
                Last edited by kujiwara; 07-24-2016, 03:11 PM.
                Current Fleet
                #ProjectICreate Jetta GLI32
                2001 Cobra #88/3786
                1989 Jetta Trophy 1 of 500
                2004 Audi A2 FSI Colour Storm RHD
                2015 B8.5 S4 Sepang/Technik/6MT/SD/AAD/CF

Motorsport Engineer

Comment

It's going to be a writeoff. Why are all the nice cars hit and the crappy ones just keep on going?

Comment

It's my turn to go through this

Guys, I'm optimistic. I understand that it will most likely be a write off due to age and mileage. The damage is not as horrible as it looks like. Quarter panels are intact, there's 2 kinks behind the tail lights, trunk lid and latch are damaged, tail lights themselves are busted and the bumper also busted. Rear frame is also intact, the bar where the bumper mounts also intact. There's a dent on the base of the trunk where the latch sits. Front grille is busted up a bit and front bumper has some scuffles. That's it. The rest should be parts paint and labour. Yes I know, it's still a write off because it would cost more to fix it than the cash value of the car prior to the accident. I'm optimistic because the car is not just any other Passat, no rust at all on the car, stage 1 revo tune, the car has the control arm kit from 034, HFC + full 3" exhaust, coilovers, 034 motor/transmission mounts, stage 2 clutch. The car has also been maintain in a way that if I were to ever try to sell it prior to the accident the car would need nothing, timing belt and water pump done, camshaft/crank seal and o-rings replaced. The car doesn't burn or drop any fluids, making it in my opinion a good car to sell. I think I have a case. Also once again, can anyone recommend an auto body shop. My only 2 references from other threads are cosmos and uber. Confirmation that they are good!?
                    Edit: and stampede collision by George.

Last edited by JricardoVW; 07-25-2016, 12:23 AM.

Comment

I hope you can work this out, but man that car is pure class with those Super RS's on there!!!
                      Blair
                      Former Cars: '12 Fiat 500, '10 VW GTI, '05 Smart Fortwo, '96 VW Jetta GLX, '02 VW GTI 337.........

Comment

I dislike seeing threads like this, super sad about your car!

In regards to body shops, +1 for Uber. The guys there are pure class and do outstanding work.
                        TJ
                        '17 Ram 3500 Laramie
                        '01 Silver S4

Comment

Stampede Collision.... Lawrence, the owner is a great guy and has done quite a few ED members cars.
                          Hers 2009 Audi A4 6sp manual
                          Mine....2005 Golf TDI, VNT 17, Malone tuned stage 4, Spec stage 2 clutch, FMIC, Ventectomy, NewSouth gauges, BuzzKen 2.5 turbo back exhaust, Evolution Skidplate, Helix OEM Reps retrofitted with Morimoto Bixenon mini's, ST coils, colour matched Huffs. Frostheater

Comment

Originally posted by JricardoVW View Post
                            Guys, I'm optimistic. I understand that it will most likely be a write off due to age and mileage. The damage is not as horrible as it looks like. Quarter panels are intact, there's 2 kinks behind the tail lights, trunk lid and latch are damaged, tail lights themselves are busted and the bumper also busted. Rear frame is also intact, the bar where the bumper mounts also intact. There's a dent on the base of the trunk where the latch sits. Front grille is busted up a bit and front bumper has some scuffles. That's it. The rest should be parts paint and labour. Yes I know, it's still a write off because it would cost more to fix it than the cash value of the car prior to the accident. I'm optimistic because the car is not just any other Passat, no rust at all on the car, stage 1 revo tune, the car has the control arm kit from 034, HFC + full 3" exhaust, coilovers, 034 motor/transmission mounts, stage 2 clutch. The car has also been maintain in a way that if I were to ever try to sell it prior to the accident the car would need nothing, timing belt and water pump done, camshaft/crank seal and o-rings replaced. The car doesn't burn or drop any fluids, making it in my opinion a good car to sell. I think I have a case. Also once again, can anyone recommend an auto body shop. My only 2 references from other threads are cosmos and uber. Confirmation that they are good!?
                            Edit: and stampede collision by George.

You probably won't see any additional money coming your way in terms of modifications listed above unless they somehow consider them wear/replacement items and not strictly upgrades. That is the way i would try to initially spin it, that your exhaust had a leak so it was replaced as a maintenance item, that your suspension was shot so this was replacing the worn equipment, etc. Alternately hopefully they let you take them off and replace them with stock items before surrendering the vehicle. If i was you and had the car in your possession i'd be tempted to swap the parts out ASAP to be able to part them out afterwards.
                            Recent maintenance will certainly be taken into account. This includes the clutch through timing belt and water pump which could be substantial. Just try to get everything you can lumped into maintenance items.

Comment

that's horrible glad everyone is ok though. best of luck getting as much money for your car or getting it back together.

Comment

Working...
                              X