Re: B5 S4 Ownership Questions

I vote Erik for post of the year.
      Find me on Instagram @pry4sno

Candy White 2010 VW Golf Sportwagen TDI 6 speed /// #farmenwagen
      Indigo Pearl Effect 1992 80q 20v /// Eventual AAN'd Winter Sled
      Brilliant Black 1990 Coupe quattro /// Because Racecar

Comment

+1 for Erik. Holy Crap. THAT was a post. Most experienced and informative post I've seen on ED in a while.....

"RULE #1. Never get it looked at by the shop that services it. EVER! B5 guys usually have a really great relationship with their regular service shop, even our shop. I am not saying shady things might happen but why risk it? You want someone who does not know that particular vehicle to take a look with a fresh set of eyes so nothing gets overlooked. I know we are brutal when guys bring in vehicles for pre-purchase inspections. We get called every name in the book by the seller, but hey he is getting rid of it for a reason right? I want the new guy to get into it with both eyes open and the least amount of surprises."

As for this, I agree, mostly. I can tell you, whether or not its serviced at CAW, a buyer will know the WHOLE deal if paying for a PPI. You are paying for an inspection, that what you will get.

I will also end on the note, Erik, you have ALWAYS come highly regarded on the forums. Anyone I have sent to you has been treated well, and fairly. Even when you have no idea I sent them. My dad for example, dropped off his Q5 for service and got the most personal service I've ever heard of from a dealer. Thank you.
        Calgary Autoworks

2004.5 Jetta GLI
        2005 Audi Allroad

Comment

Originally posted by BaggedGLI;
          My dad for example, dropped off his Q5 for service and got the most personal service I've ever heard of from a dealer. Thank you.
          Haha I remember that. I was his shuttle driver and figured out he was your dad by the time we hit the driveway.

Thanks for the kind words. I have worked pretty much my entire career with VW and Audi, (19 years coming up quick) in that time I have made it my goal to combat the whole stealership mentality that lurks out there. There will always be shady shops and shady dealerships, this will sadly be a thing. I just feel that they are getting fewer and further between in this day and age and I want to counter the stigma where I can. We are totally tuner friendly. Always have been. Always will be. No matter how difficult Audi makes it for us to be. We always find a way. We are total gear heads up here, just because we are not a full blown tuner shop and we wear button down shirts and dress pants doesn't mean we don't also modify the crap out of things. Bobkat has seen our secret skunkworks black box location.

On another note I wrote that post in about 10 mins yesterday when I popped on to check on Ryan's Allroad issues when I came across this thread. I am always sad when I see a B5 S4 that is neglected due to lack of funds and not being properly informed of what they got into. Any help I can be to save someone some heartache and financial ruin when purchasing one of these majestic beasts. Again there is no such thing as a good deal on one of these. Just because you can buy one does not mean you afford to own one, let alone modify one. I cannot stress enough that I am truly here to help with these older Audis. Questions are always free. PM or call me my number is in my signature. I am always up for a stage 3 build too!

Erik
          Last edited by Parts Erik; 10-05-2016, 11:31 AM.
          Service Manager
          Audi Royal Oak

403-374-5018
          erikk@royaloakaudi.com

Comment

I'm really feeling the love! Wish I still had my RS4 just so I could bring it to Eric!!!!
            Last edited by GINCH; 10-05-2016, 11:46 AM.
            Derek

-2008 Avus Silver RS4-Fat ass II
            -1996 C4S-Fat Ass
            -2007 FJ Cruiser-6 speed

Comment

haha who bought my old one?

erik how the **** did you catch that 30lb jack btw?

Comment

Awesome post!
                sigpic

<<<Ben>>>

Present:
                His: 2008 Cayenne Turbo
                Hers: 2012 Ibis White Q5
                Past:
                B7 A4 Avant 6MT Black
                B7 A4 Avant 6MT Silver
                2004 .:R32 BMP
                2001.5 Noggy blue s4
                2000 VW GTI 1.8T
                1997 VW Jetta VR6

Comment

Originally posted by R_Ethug View Post

PM'd
                  Service Manager
                  Audi Royal Oak

403-374-5018
                  erikk@royaloakaudi.com

Comment

Look into my sig!
                    2020 Toyota Corolla Hatch (At least its a Manual!)
                    2001 Audi S4 (Trunk still smells like Ryan?)
                    2001 Audi A4 - RIP
                    2004 Mygale SJ04 - Racecar
                    2013 Toyota Sienna - Baby Transporter
                    2001.5 Audi S4 -SOLD
                    1986 Reynard SF86 -SOLD
                    2003 Jetta GLI - Garbage bin

Comment

Great post Eric! How are you with B5 S4 electrical?? I'm almost at the end of my rope.
                      Dave

1994 Audi RS2 Avant 2.2 20VT
                      2000 Audi S4 Avant 2.7T *Sold*
                      2002 Audi Allroad 2.7T *Sold to MIL so technically still mine*
                      2004 Audi RS6 Avant 4.2TT *Waiting to turn 15 before coming out to play*
                      2008 Audi S4 Avant 4.2 40V
                      2011 Audi S5 Coupe 4.2 32V

Follow me on Instagram @blau_RS2

Comment

Originally posted by Parts Erik View Post
                        Control arms. - These are re-occurring throughout the life of the vehicle. Aftermarket kits are very cost effective. Really good aftermarket kits are big money think 034 adjustable with the nice stiff bushings in them.

Erik Kocoj
                        I really second this as per Erik. When i took delivery of my B5 RS4 my front end felt pretty sloppy. I installed the full 034 kit the steering responsiveness is superb again
                        Garage --- full at the moment.

Comment

Originally posted by zipdoa
                          Any talented techs feel like working on a stage 3 ar? I'm having trouble diagnosing a potential boost leak and would love someone whose owned a solid car for frame of reference
                          What issues are you experiencing?

Have you boost leak tested it?

Comment

Originally posted by zipdoa
                            Any talented techs feel like working on a stage 3 ar? I'm having trouble diagnosing a potential boost leak and would love someone whose owned a solid car for frame of reference
                            Sure we do. I have 3 guys that rotate helping me sort out my messes after I make them. Boost leaks are tricky and never fun to find on the 2.7. We slow down around Christmas and quietly do a bunch of stuff like this. Give me a call or shoot me a pm and I can lend a hand in the meantime.

Erik
                            Service Manager
                            Audi Royal Oak

403-374-5018
                            erikk@royaloakaudi.com

Comment

Originally posted by RSS View Post
                              Look into my sig!
                              Don't know how I never saw this thread. But I bought it and repaired lots of things on it, did a timing belt and replaced every coolant oring. Then sold it to Roger.

And speaking to the ownership of these vehicles. I think they are an amazing car, awesome size and a ton of fun! I will likely be buying one again once I'm back in Canada. But I must admit it is the second most expensive car to own I've had (after BT GLI), and those two cars were exponentially more expensive than the rest, however, I do think its 100% worth it.
                              Last edited by BolideVW; 11-15-2016, 10:26 AM.
                              Dylan

Comment

Working...
                              X