X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Hairdressers Timeline

Winter mode is deadly!!!
    Blair
    Former Cars: '12 Fiat 500, '10 VW GTI, '05 Smart Fortwo, '96 VW Jetta GLX, '02 VW GTI 337.........

Comment

Chapeaux! I personally like this iteration of the “Camo” job much better than the last...watching to see how your ski-box works out.
      AKA, Cale262
      IS38 MK7 GTI
      MK3 TT RS

Comment

Added a nice touch to the interior. Integrated wireless charging under the oem rubber mat. You wouldn't even know its there by looking at it. But place your phone down and charges right up. I hate having to carry cords inside the car.

I also switched roof boxes once again. Finaly round a box that im happy with. This one is the lowest profile box you can find and looks awesome.

Got some custom made down pipes out of the uk. Found these through some r32 forums. Does these up for enthusiasts. So if any mk4 or mk5 r32 guys are interested in these let me know and i can get you in touch with him. Much much cheaper than any other aftermarket option.

He has the option of catted downpipes, but i decided to go without. I have a feeling its going to be very loud!

supposedly these will give me about 8-10 whp and then another 15ish when i get a tune. The car will be nice and quick with these goodies.

Last edited by Danaldson; 11-23-2017, 04:11 PM.

Comment

havent updated this in a little while.

We installed the downpipes a while back. It sounds great, The downpipes really brought the VR6 sound back.

I pulled the camo to start another livery project, but ive just been too busy to get around to it. Maybe next winter!

Received some more suspension goodies and maintenance items. IDF upper control arms, 034 Shift bushings, dogbone and subframe inserts along with a haldex oil change kit and regular oil/filter.

I got around to putting in the dogbone insert. Im quite happy with the change in feel to the shifts. Shift bushings should help it even more.

Excited to do test fit #2 with the control arms installed. That will determine tire sizes and whether or not i will rebuild the rears down to a 10. Really looking forward to spring.
          Last edited by Danaldson; 01-31-2018, 10:13 AM.

Comment

Been a few months since ive updated the thread.

I have been on a test fit frenzy on getting these wheels to fit.

Quick recap: Original test fit with the 19x11's on the rear. 10mm Spacer on it to clear the strut on the inside.

Thinking i could install the control arms and add camber to slip the wheels under the fenders but ran into a problem. The wheel hit the strut again before the wheel was able to slip under the fender (still with the 10mm spacer). As you can see it Was very very close to working, but still was not enough to get it under the fender.

I dont want to pull the fenders to make the 11's fit, so i started working on fitting the fronts on the rears instead. the 10's do not need any spacer to clear the strut, so it naturally sat in quite close to fitting. I just need to dial in .5 Degrees of camber to get it to slip under perfectly.

Rotiform no longer makes these wheels in this configuration since being bought out by MHT so it has been a little tricky to get new barrels for the wheels. Luckily, they still had a few employees from back when rotiform operated on their own and they knew the right specifications to get me replacement barrels which will be custom made. I was told i should have my replacements at the end of april. fingers crossed!

Not pictured, but i installed my 034 Dogbone mount, and Billet Aluminum shift bushings. Its incredible what a difference this makes on the shifter. Shifter now clicks right into place as you select a gear. Feels so good! I highly recommend these!

Past few months have been busy, as i moved out of my parents place, tina is no longer stuck parking out on the street, and has a warm garage to sleep in! Tandem style garage, so its a little tighter along the sides of the car, but still enough room for the work i do (brakes/suspension etc). The garage is super long which allows for a second car. I would like to put the TT under the knife over next winter and look at some forced induction opportunities.

Also some of you may remember this wheel :P finally making good use of it.

I also picked up a TTS bumper. This is something that has been on my list since i bought the car. Was never in love with my front end. This is my favourite bumper on the TT's, followed closely by the RS bumper.

Was able to take a few pics during the last couple weeks of brutal snowfalls.

I have a few more parts coming in the mail over the coming weeks. Stay tuned for more test fitting once i get the barrels, and then tires .
            Last edited by Danaldson; 04-20-2018, 09:56 AM.

Comment

Nice Dan!! Coffee table FTW!
              --
              Rod
              Ex-presidente

Drive

2016 VW Golf .:R

Drove
              2001.5 Audi S4 / Santorin Blue STAGE II+ / JFonz Tuned

Comment

Looks great as always! I like the new potential livery too.

When you take the camo off the car every time you should just stick it on the garage walls, no need to paint after a few months!

Comment

Nice work, Danny.
                  I was thinking things had been a little quiet in this thread and that you weren't up to much car wise. Looks fantastic!

Comment

Can’t wait to see it slammed on these wheels, Sanny. Good work in finding a way to rebuild rhose rears. Where there’s a will, there’s a way!
                    Last edited by jacktown; 04-20-2018, 02:56 PM.
                    Nick

I love hatchbacks

Comment

Big progress....love it!!!
                      Hers 2009 Audi A4 6sp manual
                      Mine....2005 Golf TDI, VNT 17, Malone tuned stage 4, Spec stage 2 clutch, FMIC, Ventectomy, NewSouth gauges, BuzzKen 2.5 turbo back exhaust, Evolution Skidplate, Helix OEM Reps retrofitted with Morimoto Bixenon mini's, ST coils, colour matched Huffs. Frostheater

Comment

Very exciting to see the wheels progress and congrats on the place too (nice coffee table), personally I am not sold on the new bumper, I think it is the chrome trim on fog lights that is throwing me off, I would like to see it blacked out. I do only get to see it in pictures though

Keep up the good work Danny!!!
                        Blair
                        Former Cars: '12 Fiat 500, '10 VW GTI, '05 Smart Fortwo, '96 VW Jetta GLX, '02 VW GTI 337.........

Comment

I have to agree with Blair. I like the stock one more. Regardless, deadly build man! Can't wait to see those wheels on there!
                          Derek

-2008 Avus Silver RS4-Fat ass II
                          -1996 C4S-Fat Ass
                          -2007 FJ Cruiser-6 speed

Comment

Thanks everyone!

Originally posted by Canadian Turbo View Post
                            Very exciting to see the wheels progress and congrats on the place too (nice coffee table), personally I am not sold on the new bumper, I think it is the chrome trim on fog lights that is throwing me off, I would like to see it blacked out. I do only get to see it in pictures though

Keep up the good work Danny!!!
                            Originally posted by GINCH View Post
                            I have to agree with Blair. I like the stock one more. Regardless, deadly build man! Can't wait to see those wheels on there!
                            The aluminum fog trim will better match the rest of the car once i get some oem silver rings back on, as well as once the the wheels are on. Im also planning to get some aluminum TTS mirror caps.
                            Last edited by Danaldson; 04-23-2018, 09:19 AM.

Comment

More updates. Driven is less than a month away, and there is still a ton of work that needs to be done to the car.

Began on fitting the front wheels. they required a slight pull to get them to tuck under. Drivers side went very smoothly. Ended up with a very clean result.

Sad to say that the other side did not go so well. Aluminum does not manipulate like steel does, so the high tension ended up snapping the inner fender lip which resulted in a wavy fender.

I was able to do my best to clean it up for the time being. Mistakes happen. It doesn't look too bad, but its something im not happy with at all. I have widebody front fenders on order, but i doubt they will arrive in time for driven.

On a happier note, my audi sport spoiler has arrived, and will be picking up after work today. I will also be receiving my TTS mirror caps next week.

[/url]

for the time being, winter mode is still looking pretty damn good :P

Finally, my last change for the season is pretty exciting. Thanks to Shadowshield for hooking me up with a roll of vinyl wrap. Will be beginning the wrap at the end of the week. Any guesses on the colour?

Last edited by Danaldson; 04-30-2018, 10:21 AM.

Comment

Rave Green?

Comment

Working...
                                X