Mercedes-Benz X-Class Concept (Truck)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mercedes-Benz X-Class Concept (Truck)

Mercedes-Benz sees a hole for a premium entry in the midsize pickup segment throughout most of the world, and the Concept X-Class is the brand’s idea for combining traditional truck utility with some of the company’s luxury legacy. The German automaker is now debuting two visions of the model in Stockholm, Sweden. One of them highlights the vehicle’s style, and the other shows its off-road capability. The production version will be on sale in Europe by the end of 2017.

Mercedes keeps the technical details fairly light, but we know the underpinnings come from the Nissan Navara. These concepts use a diesel V6 with 4Matic all-wheel drive, an off-road ratio transfer case, and differential locks for both axles. The company claims the truck can carry a payload 2,430 pounds (1.1 metric tons) in the bed and tow 7,720 pounds (3.5 metric tons). As a vehicle that also needs to work for families, safety is a big deal, and Mercedes installs an array of sensors for enabling the latest driver assistance systems.

The Concept X-Class is supposed to be a stylish truck that a worker could use on the job but still have no problem hauling the family. As such, the design blends characteristics from Mercedes’ luxury vehicles and from traditional pickups. The front end is smooth and wouldn’t look too out of place on one of the brand’s crossovers. Muscular fenders communicate the model isn’t too soft, though. Inside, these concepts use high-end materials like Nappa leather, wood veneers, and polished aluminum. The infotainment system sits high on the center stack, and there’s a multi-function touchpad on the console for controlling it.

Mercedes is partnering with the Renault-Nissan Alliance for building the production version of the X-Class. Nissan’s factory in Barcelona, Spain, will build the examples for Europe, Australia, and South Africa. In 2018, the Renault plant in Cordoba, Argentina, will start producing the trucks for Latin American markets. Mercedes won’t sell the X-Class in the United States.

Blair
    Former Cars: '12 Fiat 500, '10 VW GTI, '05 Smart Fortwo, '96 VW Jetta GLX, '02 VW GTI 337.........

Re: Mercedes-Benz X-Class Concept (Truck)

Kind of like!
    Derek

-2008 Avus Silver RS4-Fat ass II
    -1996 C4S-Fat Ass
    -2007 FJ Cruiser-6 speed

Comment

flame suit on, but I would totally drive that.

Comment

Very cool. Love the green off-roader version.
        2008 Audi RS4
        2015 Fiat 500 Abarth

Comment

I feel like they made those just for rich people Texas and Calgary, haha.

Comment

Originally posted by witchcraftz View Post
            I feel like they made those just for rich people Texas and Calgary, haha.
            Haha. Bingo. Nothing says you're a wealthy oil man like a Mercedes truck. Save the G wagons for the executives and the Unimogs for the Saudi guys though!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
            Rob
            Daddy's "Hooligan" - MK4 R32 in Deep Blue Pearl
            Mommy's "Gran Turismo" - E70 X5M in Black Sapphire Metallic

GONE... BUT NOT FORGOTTEN:

The Family "Muscle Car" - B7 RS4 in Misano Red - Dad's 20th Anniversary "Wanna-be R32" GTi

Comment

I love my truck and that the interiors have gotten so much better. But if I could afford this I would still probably get it. Haha.

Comment

As far as a truck goes, it does look pretty nice. It does say not coming to America though, probably not large enough for that market.
                Blair
                Former Cars: '12 Fiat 500, '10 VW GTI, '05 Smart Fortwo, '96 VW Jetta GLX, '02 VW GTI 337.........

Comment

Love it
                  ~~TODD~~
                  '12 x5 35d fully deleted (DUDMD Stg2)

Comment

"rich oil man" comments are kinda funny, considering this thing has a higher payload than a Toyota Tundra, chev Colorado, etc.

I know they haven't released price info, but my F150 was 67K new and they go as high as 90, so if the MB is anywhere in that range I would totally buy it.

Comment

Originally posted by miketweedie View Post
                      "rich oil man" comments are kinda funny, considering this thing has a higher payload than a Toyota Tundra, chev Colorado, etc.

I know they haven't released price info, but my F150 was 67K new and they go as high as 90, so if the MB is anywhere in that range I would totally buy it.
                      The 2015 F150 payload is 1,400 kg and hauling capacity is 3,500 kg so slightly higher than this Mercedes truck but yes it can haul.

The production version of the truck won't be quite as luxuriously appointed as the concepts but Mercedes insiders confirmed that materials and tech for high specification models will be lifted straight from the Mercedes-Benz passenger car range. X-Class derivatives lower down the range will get more of a commercial vehicle feel inside but Mercedes is confident that they will still be a cut above current pick-up class standards.
                      So maybe they will price it around 60k-100k which should get some buyers.

Comment

Working...
                      X