Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: New to me R32

Originally posted by stefan View Post
    Yeah I'd just completely remove the aluminum cover. It's grossly oversized. The black plastic front can be removed by prying on the lip on the bottom of the unit. 2 of the screws you need to get at are under it.
    Thanks Stefan.
    I was busy with headlights over the weekend but I'll come to a stall with them so I think I'll have some times for it this week.
    Not sure yet if I'll keep the spare tire setup so I might have more room than I thought.

Comment

Originally posted by kujiwara View Post
      Looks nice! Good choice with the method, are you running bi-xenon? I'm debating whether I should just solder my bixenon high beam wire to my normal high beam or get a high beam splitter.
      Thanks Jerry.
      No other choice sadly. I wanted to use the "holding nut" same as you did but the projector assy is too long by about 1". I tried at first but the headlight glass wasn't even close to fit. When I was able to fit the glass the hole in the reflector was close to 3"....

It is a bi-xenon, the only way to go up to me considering the power of the factory system.
      I'll solder wires together as I won't have that much room inside as leds are going in as DRL but I'll still keep the factory high beam to flash when needed. I already made the back cover about 1" bigger because of the hid igniter.
      I am not sure how your system is but since everything is in a headlight, not sure if you will be able to use a splitter unless it is H7 plugs but that will be a lot of "heavy" plugs rattling inside. If it is the same at the Golf or the Passat, the wiring is part of the headlight and doesn't need to be taken off. Do you have the little plug for the solenoid as well?

Comment

Does the R32 still have the Bluetooth? Not sure if you can run both the bluetooth and the Phatbox. There was a CD changer bracket, but it was in the way of the jack.
        Last edited by RobG; 02-07-2017, 02:22 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by RobG View Post
          Does the R32 still have the Bluetooth? Not sure if you can run both the bluetooth and the Phatbox. There was a CD changer bracket, but it was in the way of the jack.
          Yes it does. It wasn't that great to use with my older phone so the phatbox was a good thing to add but I was hoping to keep both. I guess I'll need to take a look a little more about it.
          I was looking for the CD cable in the trunk but I didn't find it. I guess if I have to put the one Stefan gave me with the box, I'll take apart the Phatbox and put it in the glove box, that would be more convenient.... and since I am lazy, easier to do.....
          Last edited by syncrovan; 02-08-2017, 09:56 AM.

Comment

Here some news after our vacation/shopping in China and we found a lot of stuff, from led bulb, led fog, suede steering cover .....lots!

As I wasn't able to clean both lenses well enough to my liking (in picture but there is glare when the hid is on when it is dark....), I ordered a set of new lenses to finish them.
            Now if the weather could get better so I could wash under the Golf and finish to take care of the rust......

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk
            Last edited by syncrovan; 03-11-2017, 07:32 PM.

Comment

Work on winter rims as well.

From this

To this

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk
              Last edited by syncrovan; 03-11-2017, 08:30 PM.

Comment

Lights look nice! You could probably just run vw caps if you wanted
                Current Fleet
                #ProjectICreate Jetta GLI32
                2001 Cobra #88/3786
                1989 Jetta Trophy 1 of 500
                2004 Audi A2 FSI Colour Storm RHD
                2015 B8.5 S4 Sepang/Technik/6MT/SD/AAD/CF

Motorsport Engineer

Comment

Lights are looking great!!!! Well done....And glass lenses make all the difference!
                  Hers 2009 Audi A4 6sp manual
                  Mine....2005 Golf TDI, VNT 17, Malone tuned stage 4, Spec stage 2 clutch, FMIC, Ventectomy, NewSouth gauges, BuzzKen 2.5 turbo back exhaust, Evolution Skidplate, Helix OEM Reps retrofitted with Morimoto Bixenon mini's, ST coils, colour matched Huffs. Frostheater

Comment

Originally posted by kujiwara View Post
                    Lights look nice! You could probably just run vw caps if you wanted
                    Thanks Jerry. Brought back about 6 set of shroud to find one that fit well and I like. Pretty happy with the result, light output seems to be really good but I didn't drive the car yet.

I wasn't sure if I could find VW caps for them and I had some paint and clear to use. We'll see how it looks with blank caps..... but I will definitely look for VW cap for my summer wheel here:

Last edited by syncrovan; 03-12-2017, 07:19 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Geobmx4life View Post
                      Lights are looking great!!!! Well done....And glass lenses make all the difference!
                      Thanks George. Happy with the result for sure.
                      I am little afraid with glass lenses here in Alberta but I wasn't able to find plastic one anyway.....
                      Last edited by syncrovan; 03-12-2017, 07:29 AM.

Comment

Aren't those Audi wheels? 5x112?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by syncrovan View Post
                          Thanks George. Happy with the result for sure.
                          I am little afraid with glass lenses here in Alberta but I wasn't able to find plastic one anyway.....
                          I've had glass lenses in mine for years, cracked one on the way back from Yellowknife last year, but with the 3m film on them, they held together until the new ones I ordered arrived.
                          Hers 2009 Audi A4 6sp manual
                          Mine....2005 Golf TDI, VNT 17, Malone tuned stage 4, Spec stage 2 clutch, FMIC, Ventectomy, NewSouth gauges, BuzzKen 2.5 turbo back exhaust, Evolution Skidplate, Helix OEM Reps retrofitted with Morimoto Bixenon mini's, ST coils, colour matched Huffs. Frostheater

Comment

Originally posted by Geobmx4life View Post
                            I've had glass lenses in mine for years, cracked one on the way back from Yellowknife last year, but with the 3m film on them, they held together until the new ones I ordered arrived.
                            I guess I shouldn't be worried then. Planning to get the 3M on them of course as I was looking to get some Lexan covers for them, but they are roughly 3 times the price of those lenses.....

Comment

Originally posted by Danaldson View Post
                              Aren't those Audi wheels? 5x112?

They are Audi wheels but they are 5x100. I didn't believe it when I saw the ads for them and the seller told me he had them on his Mk1 TT so I thought they were rep but no, real OEM

Last edited by syncrovan; 03-12-2017, 11:59 AM. Reason: Added pics

Comment

Ahh my mistake i thought they looked like b6 a4 wheels. Will look good!

Comment

Working...
                                X