X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: New to me R32

Looking great! Love the progress!!!
    Hers 2009 Audi A4 6sp manual
    Mine....2005 Golf TDI, VNT 17, Malone tuned stage 4, Spec stage 2 clutch, FMIC, Ventectomy, NewSouth gauges, BuzzKen 2.5 turbo back exhaust, Evolution Skidplate, Helix OEM Reps retrofitted with Morimoto Bixenon mini's, ST coils, colour matched Huffs. Frostheater

Comment

Looks great! Did you make the bracket yourself?

Comment

Originally posted by Geobmx4life View Post
        Looking great! Love the progress!!!
        Thanks George!

Comment

Originally posted by witchcraftz View Post
          Looks great! Did you make the bracket yourself?
          Thanks!
          Yes I did. It was cheaper that way as the only brackets I found were parts of a kit and with change and shipping it would have been way more expensive.

Comment

It seems it has been a little while since I added anything here....
            New suspension on the car at the end of last summer, factory stuff as I like the comfort in the Golf and didn't want anything stiff.... I guess I am getting old....

Everything went in without issues, took the opportunity to install new hardware as well as some were a little rusted.

Last week, I was thinking about short shifter kit but instead of buying new, I decided to go the DIY route....
            Got a set of parts from a MK4 GTI 24V 6sp transmission to work with it:

I wanted a 25% reduction from factory so after doing the math and moving both pins, there were some interference with the counterweight on the bracket and the cable's end so shaving was in order.....

The front bracket is the shaved GTI one:

My cable's end weren't in great shape and the replacement one were toasted so I got the rubber out and made some from plastic (I don't remember the exact name of the material, similar to Teflon) and added a set screw to keep them in place:

Everything done ready to go in the car:

Here in place before welding both pins:

Feels good but I didn't drive the car yet so I'll comment how it really is later.
            Last edited by syncrovan; 03-23-2019, 04:08 PM. Reason: Rearranging pictures

Comment

Working...
            X