• Show
Clear All

Re: Volkswagen Arteon

VW A7 kind of .. i like it!

Comment

Video preview

Blair
      Former Cars: '12 Fiat 500, '10 VW GTI, '05 Smart Fortwo, '96 VW Jetta GLX, '02 VW GTI 337.........

Comment

VW’s sleek new CC replacement wants to tackle premium territory with its desirable exterior and a tad more upmarket cabin compared to the regular Passat, upon which it’s heavily based. To further set it apart from its more humble origins, the folks from Wolfsburg are analyzing the prospects of giving it six-cylinder power — something which you can’t have in a Euro-spec Passat.

The reveal was made by Dr. Elmar-Marius Licharz, the company’s man in charge of product line for medium and full-size cars. He went on to specify they’re considering a six-cylinder Arteon, and a prototype with the beefier engine has already been built, so there’s a good chance it will get the stamp of approval from execs.

Interestingly, he also said the newly-developed engine in question will also find its way underneath the hood of the Atlas. Bear in mind that although the big SUV is already available with a V6 engine, it’s a naturally aspirated 3.6-litre mill with only 276 horsepower. The new six-cylinder Licharz is talking about is most likely turbocharged, so it delivers substantially more power and better fuel economy.

In related news, VW’s official also reiterated the company is toying around with the idea of launching a more practical shooting brake version. We’re going to go out on a limb here and assuming he was actually referring to a wagon since a true shooting brake only has two doors and that seems highly unlikely to happen. Even with rear doors, the speculative render below shows the more practical Arteon would be quite the looker, so fingers crossed it will happen. Licharz admitted “plans are underway but it’s not yet final.”

The Arteon starts off in its domestic market Germany from €49,325 (approx. $75,000 CAD) and that makes it approximately €3,000 (approx. $4,500 CCAD) more expensive than the equivalent Passat with the 280-hp 2.0-litre TSI engine. The CC’s successor is scheduled to land stateside in 2018.

Wagon render
        Last edited by Canadian Turbo; 06-04-2017, 06:40 PM.
        Blair
        Former Cars: '12 Fiat 500, '10 VW GTI, '05 Smart Fortwo, '96 VW Jetta GLX, '02 VW GTI 337.........

Comment

I saw it at the VW Conference in Vegas... It's fricken Sweet!
          Don't Panic, I'm Hispanic

Comment

I saw one in the flesh (and took some pictures) of one this week. it looks really REALLY nice. I also got a few pictures of an RS6 Avant they had in the showroom, just wow.
            Jay

Comment

I just dont see the need nor place for this car, not that I think it isn't going to be a great car its more that I think it will be overpriced for the VW lineage. Unless you're a VW lover I just dont see many buying it when they could be sporting the Audi badge, again thinking like the general car buying public. This will start off as an expensive Passat and fall flat on its face in the NAR, I would love to be proven wrong though.
              Lightly Modified MK7 GTI.
              Check out my build thread here!

Comment

Originally posted by Cale262 View Post
                I just dont see the need nor place for this car, not that I think it isn't going to be a great car its more that I think it will be overpriced for the VW lineage. Unless you're a VW lover I just dont see many buying it when they could be sporting the Audi badge, again thinking like the general car buying public. This will start off as an expensive Passat and fall flat on its face in the NAR, I would love to be proven wrong though.

...and I concur!
                AKA, Cale262
                IS38 MK7 GTI
                MK3 TT RS

Comment

I actually think with the greater difference between this and an NA Passat it actually works better. Previously between a CC and Euro Passat there was less difference but now this offers more choice in price and product.
                  Blair

Comment

I will just leave this here...

Blair

Comment

North American Spec revealed:

The Volkswagen Arteon has been on sale overseas for some time – in fact, our colleagues at Motor1-UK already drove it – but the midsize sedan makes its U.S. debut at the 2018 Chicago Auto Show. Set to go on sale in the third quarter of this year, the Arteon is a more spacious, more modern replacement for the erstwhile VW CC.

Based on the MQB modular platform also used for cars like the Golf, Tiguan, and the new Jetta, the Arteon is a midsize sedan with a four-door coupe-like roofline. Like the CC before it, think of the Arteon as a sleeker, more design-focused alternative to the staid Passat sedan.

But where the CC could feel cramped, the Arteon has a more than five-inch longer wheelbase, and is longer and wider, to give it more space, even though the shorter overhangs add to the sensation of sportiness. Like the new Jetta, its bodywork has nary a flat panel, with strong creases and lines giving the car a very modern appearance. Standard design flair includes coupe-like frameless windows, 18-inch wheels (19s are optional), LED lighting front and rear, chrome window trim, and a subtle trunklid spoiler.

The inside of the Arteon is similarly design-focused, with metal trim, an optional full-color digital instrument cluster, and a standard 8-inch touchscreen infotainment system with Apple CarPlay/Android Auto support. Push-button start, heated leatherette seats, a backup camera, pre-collision braking, and blind-spot warning are standard. The impressive options list includes cooled seats, a massaging driver’s seat, Nappa leather, heated rear seats, a panoramic sunroof, a kick-to-open trunk, adaptive cruise control, lane-keep assist, a 360-degree camera, and self-parking.

Underhood, the 2019 Volkswagen Arteon boasts a turbocharged 2.0-liter inline-four engine with 268 horsepower and 258 pound-feet of torque. An eight-speed automatic and engine stop-start are standard. Buyers can also option 4Motion all-wheel drive. As to handling and comfort, adaptive suspension comes standard.

When it reaches showrooms later this year, the 2019 Volkswagen Arteon will be offered in SE, SEL, and SEL Premium trim levels. Pricing will be announced later.

Blair

Comment

Seeing those horrible add on front amber reflectors makes me wonder how Tesla is getting away with the front on their Model 3

Blair

Comment

Working...
                        X