Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Volkswagen Arteon

Forum Moderator;Audi Lover R_Ethug's Avatar

Default Re: Volkswagen Arteon

VW A7 kind of .. i like it!

Video preview

Blair
    Former Cars: '12 Fiat 500, '10 VW GTI, '05 Smart Fortwo, '96 VW Jetta GLX, '02 VW GTI 337.........

VW’s sleek new CC replacement wants to tackle premium territory with its desirable exterior and a tad more upmarket cabin compared to the regular Passat, upon which it’s heavily based. To further set it apart from its more humble origins, the folks from Wolfsburg are analyzing the prospects of giving it six-cylinder power — something which you can’t have in a Euro-spec Passat.

The reveal was made by Dr. Elmar-Marius Licharz, the company’s man in charge of product line for medium and full-size cars. He went on to specify they’re considering a six-cylinder Arteon, and a prototype with the beefier engine has already been built, so there’s a good chance it will get the stamp of approval from execs.

Interestingly, he also said the newly-developed engine in question will also find its way underneath the hood of the Atlas. Bear in mind that although the big SUV is already available with a V6 engine, it’s a naturally aspirated 3.6-litre mill with only 276 horsepower. The new six-cylinder Licharz is talking about is most likely turbocharged, so it delivers substantially more power and better fuel economy.

In related news, VW’s official also reiterated the company is toying around with the idea of launching a more practical shooting brake version. We’re going to go out on a limb here and assuming he was actually referring to a wagon since a true shooting brake only has two doors and that seems highly unlikely to happen. Even with rear doors, the speculative render below shows the more practical Arteon would be quite the looker, so fingers crossed it will happen. Licharz admitted “plans are underway but it’s not yet final.”

The Arteon starts off in its domestic market Germany from €49,325 (approx. $75,000 CAD) and that makes it approximately €3,000 (approx. $4,500 CCAD) more expensive than the equivalent Passat with the 280-hp 2.0-litre TSI engine. The CC’s successor is scheduled to land stateside in 2018.

Wagon render
    Last edited by Canadian Turbo; 06-04-2017 at 06:40 PM.
    Blair
    Former Cars: '12 Fiat 500, '10 VW GTI, '05 Smart Fortwo, '96 VW Jetta GLX, '02 VW GTI 337.........

I saw it at the VW Conference in Vegas... It's fricken Sweet!
    Don't Panic, I'm Hispanic

I saw one in the flesh (and took some pictures) of one this week. it looks really REALLY nice. I also got a few pictures of an RS6 Avant they had in the showroom, just wow.
    Jay

I just dont see the need nor place for this car, not that I think it isn't going to be a great car its more that I think it will be overpriced for the VW lineage. Unless you're a VW lover I just dont see many buying it when they could be sporting the Audi badge, again thinking like the general car buying public. This will start off as an expensive Passat and fall flat on its face in the NAR, I would love to be proven wrong though.
    Lightly Modified MK7 GTI.
    Check out my build thread here!

Quote Originally Posted by Cale262 View Post
    I just dont see the need nor place for this car, not that I think it isn't going to be a great car its more that I think it will be overpriced for the VW lineage. Unless you're a VW lover I just dont see many buying it when they could be sporting the Audi badge, again thinking like the general car buying public. This will start off as an expensive Passat and fall flat on its face in the NAR, I would love to be proven wrong though.

...and I concur!

I actually think with the greater difference between this and an NA Passat it actually works better. Previously between a CC and Euro Passat there was less difference but now this offers more choice in price and product.
    Blair

I will just leave this here...

Blair

Thread Information