Project: Coal and Fire

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Project: Coal and Fire

Thanks guys, the car drives so much better now, amazing what difference having the correct parts can make.

Comment

Went to Victoria on Vancouver Island for the weekend, took a couple of funky shots while in Port Alberni.

Last edited by witchcraftz; 07-05-2018, 08:37 PM.

Comment

Your ride looks really nice!

Comment

Is that anywhere near Vancouver Island? Car looks great!

Comment

Haha, deleted a word by accident, fixed it. Victoria Island is way up north but not close to Victoria city.
            Last edited by witchcraftz; 07-06-2018, 01:11 PM.

Comment

Phase 2 of the Recall has been completed! Took the day off work yesterday and went down to Bellingham to get it done.
              They replaced some parts including adding an extra sensor in the exhaust area.
              The car runs much smoother now, the low end power seems to be back to pre-recall times, it ran a bit rougher and power had dipped a slight bit with just the first part software modification.

I was loaned a Golf Alltrack for the day and it was really nice, lots of space and not bad on fuel, power was very decent too. I wish the car came in TDI variants here.

Last edited by witchcraftz; 07-13-2018, 06:02 PM.

Comment

Booked to go to Malone Tuning this Sunday. They'll be investigating the nitty gritty of the Software Changes made during the recall reprogramming.
                Last edited by witchcraftz; 07-13-2018, 10:04 PM.

Comment

Went to see Malone Tuning yesterday. they did some logging and verification of the tunes for Post Phase II recall TDIs.

the car now has a DSG tune and a Stage 1-2 engine tune. What a difference!
                  A big shout out to Malone Tuning!

Comment

Did some some interior upgrades, finally installed the front GTI door cards!

I also bought some near new Mk7 Milton wheels.

Comment

Damnnnn....looking good!!!
                      Hers 2009 Audi A4 6sp manual
                      Mine....2005 Golf TDI, VNT 17, Malone tuned stage 4, Spec stage 2 clutch, FMIC, Ventectomy, NewSouth gauges, BuzzKen 2.5 turbo back exhaust, Evolution Skidplate, Helix OEM Reps retrofitted with Morimoto Bixenon mini's, ST coils, colour matched Huffs. Frostheater

Comment

Popped the hood a few days ago and noticed a buildup of white crystals on the DPF Injector.

TDIClub seems to note this is a common issue on the car. So I brought the car in to the Jim Pattison VW Dealership and they are going to fix it under the emissions warranty.

They said there was something to do with a TSB on MK7 TDI fuel lines that had to be done also but I couldn't find out anything about it. Anyone have info?
                        Last edited by witchcraftz; 10-11-2019, 02:24 PM.

Comment

Had all the work done at Jim Pattison Surrey VW. The DPF injector replaced and it seems like the lines going to it were replaced too. Not sure what part of "fuel lines" they also did but everything is running smoothly and quite happy with the repair.

Comment

Working...
                          X