Clear All

Re: Project: Coal and Fire

Originally posted by nismodrifter View Post
    rotors

fk springs

struts
    Yes! But it's not FK springs.

Originally posted by Feens View Post
    Some /amount of work there well done, fine looking car, Can you explain to me what the titles mean here Since im stuck in my Irish ways, i.e. Active, Salvage, ect
    Brian
    Clean/Clear = no accidents / no major accident claimed on insurance
    Salvage = Car has been in an accident, insurance has determined it can be repaired but it needs to be fixed first
    Rebuilt/Reconstructed = Car was salvage, has been fixed and passed the post repair safety inspection
    Parts/Flood/Scrap/Irrepairable/Junk = car can only be used as a parts donor or for the metal value
    Last edited by witchcraftz; 02-21-2018, 11:17 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by witchcraftz View Post
      Yes! But it's not FK springs.

Clean/Clear = no accidents / no major accident claimed on insurance
      Salvage = Car has been in an accident, insurance has determined it can be repaired but it needs to be fixed first
      Rebuilt/Reconstructed = Car was salvage, has been fixed and passed the post repair safety inspection
      Parts/Flood/Scrap/Irrepairable/Junk = car can only be used as a parts donor or for the metal value
      Thanks for that Buddy

Comment

Parts have arrived!

Going to be away for a few weeks though so it's all going to go on in the beginning of April.
        Hopefully the weather will be cooperating and be warm by then, still a cool +5 to +12 these days...

Comment

Originally posted by witchcraftz View Post
          Parts have arrived!

Going to be away for a few weeks though so it's all going to go on in the beginning of April.
          Hopefully the weather will be cooperating and be warm by then, still a cool +5 to +12 these days...
          Ummm...cool?
          --
          Rod
          Ex-presidente

Drive

2016 VW Golf .:R

Drove
          2001.5 Audi S4 / Santorin Blue STAGE II+ / JFonz Tuned

Comment

Originally posted by Ur0Drivr View Post
            Ummm...cool?
            Yep that's freezing Cold weather warning territory over here at that level

Looking forward to seeing it all bolted up!!!
            Blair
            Former Cars: '12 Fiat 500, '10 VW GTI, '05 Smart Fortwo, '96 VW Jetta GLX, '02 VW GTI 337.........

Comment

It all gets done on the pad outside so it's better when it's +15 to + 20.

And yeah, +5? That's parka weather in BC.

Comment

I originally wanted to get Bilstein Shocks, to pair with new TDI VWR springs, but they were back ordered until July.
                After some deliberation I purchased a set of MK7 Golf TDI Koni Sport Yellow shocks to go with the TDI VWR springs.

Up on the lift get the work done. It's been raining a lot and I am really busy these days so I took the Golf to a shop nearby where the guys do good work.

Took advantage of work to have some zinc coated rotors with new pads installed to prevent some of the rust buildup the Wet Coast gets.
                Rear went perfect but turns out the front pads were the wrong ones. I'll have to get them exchanged. Luckily the old front pads have a good amount of meat left so it's not going to be a problem.

All done and ready to drive.

Comment

Looking good Walker!
                  Hers 2009 Audi A4 6sp manual
                  Mine....2005 Golf TDI, VNT 17, Malone tuned stage 4, Spec stage 2 clutch, FMIC, Ventectomy, NewSouth gauges, BuzzKen 2.5 turbo back exhaust, Evolution Skidplate, Helix OEM Reps retrofitted with Morimoto Bixenon mini's, ST coils, colour matched Huffs. Frostheater

Comment

Pics of finished product!
                    Calgary Autoworks

2004.5 Jetta GLI
                    2005 Audi Allroad

Comment

Here is how it sits now. Not 100% happy with how low the front is.

Last edited by witchcraftz; 05-09-2018, 03:54 PM.

Comment

Figured I'd add an update.

So I was going to switch out the VWRs with the ones from Eibach (E10-15-021-04-22).

I went to the USA website and it shows these (E10-15-021-02-22) as the correct part number for the TDI with Axle beam but after taking a look at the Eibach Germany website I came to the conclusion that the USA website might be wrong. The part they have is for the IRS TDI (GTD) and not for the Beam TDI (E10-15-021-04-22), like all TDIs in North America.

So a phone call to their main office, followed by a transfer to their USA suspension R&D team, and a long chat on the phone with the part numbers I found, and I'm right. They're going to remove the part from the US catalog shortly.

Which means that I now have to source the (E10-15-021-04-22) Springs from Germany as the correct parts have never been imported into the US by Eibach.

Then this evening I went to get groceries at Costco and went over one of the speed bumps, took it slow but it still scrapped because it caught my mud flaps, and now there's a clunking coming from the front suspension when I turn. *sigh*

I am soooooo pissed with the fact that not one single company in North America has the right TDI springs...

As a note H&R also has springs but from everything I've read they are very harsh to drive on so everyone has been removing them. My guess is they are also the wrong springs.

I can understand now why someone might want to just cut the springs they already have and call it a day (I have a set of GTI springs which are fine in the front but too high in the back...)
                        Last edited by witchcraftz; 05-02-2018, 10:05 PM.

Comment

Taking a risk I've decided to order the H&R springs, the Eibach would take too long to arrive, H&R will be here by next week.
                          Worst case scenario I'll have to take those out too. Since I've already replaced the springs 4 times on this car, what's one more time?

I'll take advantage of changing the springs to inspect for any suspension parts damage. I'm not driving the car much right now but took it to the grocery store yesterday and the clunking noise didn't happen.

Comment

I ended up getting the H&Rs and am very happy with them!

Just wanted to Post here what it looks like for quick comparison.

Golf TDI on stock springs

Golf TDI with DG springs (Driver Gear 1.8T springs)

Golf TDI with VWR springs ( VWR31G7BA )

Golf TDI with H&R springs ( 54786-2 )

Comment

Looks great at that height. Nice choice!
                              Rob

2004 VW R32

Comment

Looks the best out of those options, the VWR just has too much rake going on.

Car looks good!!
                                Blair
                                Former Cars: '12 Fiat 500, '10 VW GTI, '05 Smart Fortwo, '96 VW Jetta GLX, '02 VW GTI 337.........

Comment

Working...
                                X