Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Eurodrivers Management.

Originally posted by toplessvw View Post
    I hope no one takes offence to my perception but I do not think that a change in Eurodrivers management would really help the club a great deal, to me it is the perception of what Eurodrivers is as a club. As a person who mostly just lurks on the forums, the club comes off as a club that is more geared toward the higher end of the euro scene as allot of the owners cars are newer high end Audi and VW. This gives the perception to a person looking in from the outside of what kind of demographic the club caters to. Where as clubs like CVD are perceived to cater more to air cooled , and Dasdubbers is more geared to Blue collar VW types. If something needs to be done with in the Euro Scene, it would be more collaboration between the different clubs to promote each others clubs and events . Organization of bigger events that encompass all euros with a collaborative effort for the planning done by all the clubs would also go a long way to promote the European car scene in Alberta.
    No offence bud.
    --
    Rod
    Ex-presidente

Drive

2016 VW Golf .:R

Drove
    2001.5 Audi S4 / Santorin Blue STAGE II+ / JFonz Tuned

Comment

Eurodrivers Management.

[I]It has been my idea to grow the club from the beginning, but as Blair has said it can be frustrating. Euroquake/AutoUnion were yearly shows that we organized for years and while it worked for the most part, in the last few years the numbers weren't there and we actually didn't see much go to the charity. One of the main issues was the over saturation of car shows at the time, especially the Illmotion show as they were near or on the same weekend as our show. That's the main reason we moved to doing a cruise for charity. Our overhead was relatively low and we could give most of the proceeds to the charity. Another was the handling of the logistics of the show were huge and the man power was sketchy at best. For those organizing the show it wasn't fun anymore.
      Thanks for your comments rod. I understand the reason of moving from euroquake, to into the rockies. I was apart of the final euroquake and understood the frustrations. Also thank you for the insight on the operations of the club.

With Into the Rockies, we pay for the shirts and the stickers are donated by Tyler so almost all of the money raised over the year, that includes membership fees, goes towards the charity. Last year we had a total of 10 new memberships and 12 membership renewals. The only other costs for the club are the domains intotherockies.com, intotherockies.ca and the hosting for them. eurodrivers.ca is hosted and managed by Bart so no real cost there, thanks Bart!
      In my opinion, i think membership fees should be going to improve and invest in the club not charities. I think the club needs to be invested in to improve it, and then save the charity donation for a show once we have built the club.i think that would allow for larger donations.

I think something needs to be done about the low amount of membership renewals and new members. Yes there are perks to having a membership, but i think there needs to be more than that in order to get increased paying members. Like myself for example. I think my Eurodrivers membership has expired, but i still get all the discounts at the shops in the city because i shop around often enough. There is no incentive for me to pay for a memberhip anymore other than just to support the club. This is where a VP external comes to mind.

We've never charged for advertising as far as I know but it could be something to look into in the future.
      Again, Vp external could improve this

We are not registered as a non profit in any way Brian and while that seems like a logical step to take if we want to make the club grow from where it's at right now it is not something that can be taken lightly or on a whim. There are tax filings, reports, etc. that would need to be handled. Not against this at all, just need to go into it with eyes wide open.
      We all want to help and make this club grow even larger but how do we do that? Do we have a show of our own again? If so, when and where? I'm all for this but we would need people to commit and follow through. Some on here have committed and followed through and I thank each and everyone of you for that help.

I have no problem with the Club having elections but as Blair said there are logistics involved. So we need to organize all of those things. CVD was a **** storm last year and I do not want that for this club. Ever.
      As messy as CVD seems, It looks like they are making things happen. They have had elections, and are already in the talks for shows this summer.

I believe we need to host a show in Calgary. Hosted by eurodrivers. With the possibility of leaving to open to all makes and models. I dont see anything wrong with leaving it open as there are many european owners who want to attend with jdm friends and such. this would greatly increase exposure for euro drivers.

What I would ask from those here that want to make this a great club is to wear your club on your sleeve. Promote it, love it and participate in it. Driven is a little over two months away and, yes, I have spoken with Mark@Driven and we have a reserved area. Unfortunately life has gotten in the way for me these past few months and I'll be flying to Chile in the next couple of weeks to handle some family affairs (this growing up **** sucks lol). As Blair also pointed out, one of the most frustrating parts of this is organizing the members for these shows. People say they'll go with ED and then they go silent when the show comes around and then when we go to see the show lots of those people are there but have decided to go with other groups or friends. While I have no problem with this as a whole, if we want to make this thee club we have to stick together and go as a group to show off what great members and cars we have in ED (which we do by the way).
      I would absolutely love to wear the club on my sleeve. Promote it, participate in it 100% but i honestly beleive its not possible under the current management. Like you said, life gets in the way which is perfectly understandable. You are going to Chile for family, colin is busy with his job at calgary autoworks, and tyler is also busy with work as well also doesnt own a euro anymore. Where does this leave eurodrivers....... on the backburner. Maybe its time for Members of the management team think about stepping down, or step it up in terms of commitment. And ill say again, there are many members who would have the time and can be enthusiastic about taking the reigns of the club.

We have to recognize that up to now we have been a bit of a niche club in the VAG scene, but as time goes on and we get older and new members come on board the club evolves. Where it evolves to next is the main question we have to answer. Are we the European Car Club that is like an umbrella for ALL european cars? Maybe. If so then we have to look as CVD, DasDubberz, etc. as possible members in this enterprise. I think we can be this for sure. Here is the reason why I feel this. The nucleus we have formed from the inception of NCVD and it's evolution into eurodrivers has created an atmosphere, in general, where all are welcome and celebrated for their individuality. We do not discriminate when it comes to european cars, we accept them all.
      Like toppless said, i am open to staying as a club tailored to the newer vw/euro crowd. but i think there needs to be cohesion with the other clubs around the city. To me it kids of seems like its been a eurodrivers vs CVD vs Dasdubebrs type of deal. but i think that needs to change to a Eurodrivers + CVD + das dubbers.

This post by Danny has created a catalyst for moving this forward and for that I thank him truly. Now we have to move forward and put up or shut as the saying goes!

So how do we handle this in the short term then? Well I propose that we stay as we are up top until we find a solution (could be the same, could be elections, we can talk about this over this on Thursday) and that we appoint an events/marketing VP and a team working with him/her to make this year a great one.
      Again, i dont think leaving things the same in the short term is the best. high attention cannot be given to eurodrivers with the current management team. and the car season is coming up real quick.

Driven is the first task at hand. What do you guys wan to do with that? Do you all want to have a big presence there? If so, then I suggest we get something together now. As I mentioned Mark@Driven likes us there and we have a space for ED reserved.
      I think Driven is now too late. Many members includeing myself have already committed to other groups (our group started to plan before the new year) , and the timeline now is pretty short to get people committed for a big epic showing. but i could be wrong.
      Last edited by Danaldson; 02-28-2017, 01:23 PM.

Comment

I agree that there needs to be more cohesion between clubs because at the moment it does almost seem like it's a big competition between us, CVD, DD, etc. I see no problem with keeping the group tailored more towards the newer cars, but I also see no problem with opening it up to Euros in general. That being said, I think the power of the internet has sort of made all of the different clubs become tailored more towards one specific group of Euros. If I were to Google something about a MK7 in Alberta, I bet I'd get directed here, whereas if I searched something about Type 1s in Alberta, I'd probably end up on Air Riders or CVD. Personally, I feel that we are a very accepting group of Euros in general, we just attract the owners of newer cars because of the resources and people that are already here.

I have recruited a few new members here, a couple of which have come out to meets. I know a few of you have met my friend Travis who has come out a couple times in the past few months. He brought up Eurodrivers while we were talking last weekend and I was very happy to hear what he had to say about the club. He told me that as a new member, he felt that it was a very welcoming group that appreciated all kinds of cars as well as the diversity that everyone brings to the group in terms of both their cars and as individuals. He said that while he's interested in other car groups, Eurodrivers just brings something special to the table because of this environment that we have all created. Hearing this made me very happy and made me feel proud to be a part of such a great group. If we can draw in new members and make them feel the same way about the group, there is no doubt in my mind that this will not only help the club grow, but also increase the popularity of our events, etc. as a result of all the positive talk surrounding the club.

I completely agree with everyone who has said that Eurodrivers is much more than a car group, it's a great community that has fostered many great friendships. Whatever happens going forward, I 100% do not want that to change.
        Last edited by CGY_GTI; 02-28-2017, 01:26 PM.
        Scott
        '23 Audi Q5 Technik | Ultra Blue Metallic | Black​
        '01 DC5 Honda Integra Type R | Championship White | Red

Comment

It really boils down to a matter of inclusion.

The demise of CVD needs to be taken as a warning for all. Over the years it morphed into a very cliquey group that wasn't welcoming and often shunned new people that were interested, especially ones that wanted to take a larger role in the club, but were relatively unknown. People felt like they weren't wanted, and some people even felt like they were discriminated against. This group was founded on the principles of being different, to be more. The opportunity is here, and there are ways to bring like minded people together, to help with fragmentation.

Eurodrivers is simply that, a club for people that drive euros. I take great pride in the fact that we don't discriminate, and this is my group of choice when people ask about the scene in Calgary, regardless of make, age, or condition. I may have a newer car that I bring to meets, but it's because my wagon is in pieces in my garage becoming more. We just need to make sure that we don't do the cliquey circle thing and go out of our way to talk to new people and introduce ourselves.

It is my belief that this discussion has been brought on by people not happy with the inclusion, transparency, and openness of the group behind the scenes. There are several people that I know have claimed to have offered to step up and help, that want to be involved, that are eager for this group to do more.

Rod, you said put up or shut up. Danny started this to stay clean, but I think your statement is a bit of the pot calling the kettle black. You are supposed to be the leader and the driving force. Reacting to some of the comments and opinions the way you have doesn't demonstrate a change with the issues and concerns at hand.

I agree maybe a not for profit isn't right, but it was an idea. I also don't think you need a bunch of VPs, it's a title sure, but in the true form of governance, there needs to be a Chair or President, a Vice, Treasurer and then directors with responsibilities(such as membership, events, etc.) There was talk about proceeds covering T-Shirts for In to the Rockies, I paid day of, was there some pre-registration that I missed? When we met in the parking lot, T-Shirts were being sold. If we want to run events, then the membership fees need to demonstrate value, there needs to be conversation around what we need to be more, what that costs, and how we plan on covering those costs. Not all the business needs to be held at the meeting, but I believe it is important that an AGM is held and people get to have a say about who and how they want things done, then that team runs it, and has their own meetings to help plan things that can be shared and volunteers gathered for at the regular meetings or through the forums or Facebook groups.

For EuroDrivers to be more, to be the great group we all want it to be. We need to work together. We need to include people when they volunteer. Great leaders listen to the ideas, take them into account, discuss how they would look with the people that suggest them, garner support and move forward. Conversely, there are poor ideas but that is only determined after deeper discussion has been made.

The vision can't simply be to grow the club. There has to be thoughts, a plan, and a team to do it.

You want people to put up or shut up? Then I'll put up, but we need an agreement of change first.
          Bryan Railton
          '18 Noggy TTrs
          BBS, ABT, Milltek

Comment

Originally posted by GTi View Post
            It really boils down to a matter of inclusion.

The demise of CVD needs to be taken as a warning for all. Over the years it morphed into a very cliquey group that wasn't welcoming and often shunned new people that were interested, especially ones that wanted to take a larger role in the club, but were relatively unknown. People felt like they weren't wanted, and some people even felt like they were discriminated against. This group was founded on the principles of being different, to be more. The opportunity is here, and there are ways to bring like minded people together, to help with fragmentation.

Eurodrivers is simply that, a club for people that drive euros. I take great pride in the fact that we don't discriminate, and this is my group of choice when people ask about the scene in Calgary, regardless of make, age, or condition. I may have a newer car that I bring to meets, but it's because my wagon is in pieces in my garage becoming more. We just need to make sure that we don't do the cliquey circle thing and go out of our way to talk to new people and introduce ourselves.

It is my belief that this discussion has been brought on by people not happy with the inclusion, transparency, and openness of the group behind the scenes. There are several people that I know have claimed to have offered to step up and help, that want to be involved, that are eager for this group to do more.

Rod, you said put up or shut up. Danny started this to stay clean, but I think your statement is a bit of the pot calling the kettle black. You are supposed to be the leader and the driving force. Reacting to some of the comments and opinions the way you have doesn't demonstrate a change with the issues and concerns at hand.

I agree maybe a not for profit isn't right, but it was an idea. I also don't think you need a bunch of VPs, it's a title sure, but in the true form of governance, there needs to be a Chair or President, a Vice, Treasurer and then directors with responsibilities(such as membership, events, etc.) There was talk about proceeds covering T-Shirts for In to the Rockies, I paid day of, was there some pre-registration that I missed? When we met in the parking lot, T-Shirts were being sold. If we want to run events, then the membership fees need to demonstrate value, there needs to be conversation around what we need to be more, what that costs, and how we plan on covering those costs. Not all the business needs to be held at the meeting, but I believe it is important that an AGM is held and people get to have a say about who and how they want things done, then that team runs it, and has their own meetings to help plan things that can be shared and volunteers gathered for at the regular meetings or through the forums or Facebook groups.

For EuroDrivers to be more, to be the great group we all want it to be. We need to work together. We need to include people when they volunteer. Great leaders listen to the ideas, take them into account, discuss how they would look with the people that suggest them, garner support and move forward. Conversely, there are poor ideas but that is only determined after deeper discussion has been made.

The vision can't simply be to grow the club. There has to be thoughts, a plan, and a team to do it.

You want people to put up or shut up? Then I'll put up, but we need an agreement of change first.

Hey Bryan...Lol the put up or shut up thing wasn't meant for anyone in particular and I was also including myself in it. I am not mad or being antagonistic with anyone. The AGM idea I find great BTW.

For ITR, yeah we posted on the forums and on Facebook when registration was happening and you could order your shirts through the website until about a week before the show. Posted various times with deadlines and everything

As for inclusion I don't think I have excluded anyone from participating or throwing ideas our way. I'm not closed to any new ideas or on doing new things to make the club better, but ideas are easy and follow through has not been as easy in the past.
            Last edited by Ur0Drivr; 02-28-2017, 03:03 PM. Reason: misspelled Bryan ;)
            --
            Rod
            Ex-presidente

Drive

Drove

Comment

I didn't take offence to it, but I will put my time/money where my mouth/fingers are; Assuming, there is demonstration of an acceptance and a willingness to change.

This didn't really address my point... you stated that we(I assumed ED) paid for the shirts:

Originally posted by Ur0Drivr View Post
              With Into the Rockies, we pay for the shirts and the stickers are donated by Tyler so almost all of the money raised over the year, that includes membership fees, goes towards the charity. Last year we had a total of 10 new memberships and 12 membership renewals. The only other costs for the club are the domains intotherockies.com, intotherockies.ca and the hosting for them. eurodrivers.ca is hosted and managed by Bart so no real cost there, thanks Bart!
              When in fact you meant the member paid for them:

Originally posted by Ur0Drivr View Post
              For ITR, yeah we posted on the forums and on Facebook when registration was happening and you could order your shirts through the website until about a week before the show. Posted various times with deadlines and everything
              While I appreciate the response Rod, please address Danny's points, they shouldn't be overlooked.

I believe Danny started this thread with the right idea, and it is expected to have some sore points for all. It reminded me that I inadvertently helped drive Peter away from CVD because of his driving behaviour while flying the banner. This spurred him to talk to people about forming NVD, which eventually became ED.

I have contemplated volunteering and helping before. However, through discussion with several members, it didn't seem that it would be received or welcomed. I haven't seen one line in this thread that recognizes what others have said or felt. I refuse to call out people, but they know who they are. They've asked me my thoughts on things in the past, and this seemed like the right time to be a voice, to help fuel the "catalyst" to become more.
              Bryan Railton
              '18 Noggy TTrs
              BBS, ABT, Milltek

Comment

Rod, I don't mean to point fingers here, but as the President of this club and the ultimate leader, I will address your post. Firstly, I understand that growing the club can be frustrating. This is true with being the president of a club, a company or a country. Its all frustrating, but there are 2 major factors here.

1) Most presidents choose to be in the position they are in. They get some sort of reward, whether it be monetary, emotional or egotistical, they push through the frustration because the success brings them the reward they were after.
                2) Most presidents also have people working for them. This is a huge part of Danny's point. We have many members who are willing to contribute their time and efforts, so that you as the president do not deal with all the frustration alone.

That being said, if being a president is too frustrating, the choice is yours to step down. I'm hearing a lot of excuses about why we DONT do certain things, but not enough talk about HOW we CAN do certain things. That type of negative attitude is why memberships have fallen to such a low. Nobody wants to pay for a club that makes excuses, and I admit I am guilty of this myself. I've wanted to renew my membership for a long time now, and I just don't see the benefit at this point.

When it comes to members joining shows like driven with other clubs, its because these other clubs have discipline and organization. Deny all you want, but humans crave discipline. We do not want to commit to something slopy and disorganized. Remember back in the day when Eurodrivers used to send a 15 car convoy down to Vegas for Wuste? Now we can't even get people down to driven??? I'm sorry but that's a bit embarrassing.

We want to grow the club, but how can you grow when nobody knows who you are? I've brought this up numerous times before and always get the same laughable answer. WHY DOES EURODRIVERS NOT EVEN HAVE A BANNER? "Oh that's because the $100 for the banner is better off going to charity". Don't get me wrong, I have nothing against us giving money to charity, but i'm sure if you asked 25 members of Eurodrivers to pitch in $5 for a banner, 20 of them would say yes and you would have a banner. Think of it as a business, no business owner will tell you that the $100 is better left in the treasury box rather than spent on advertising. As for getting it done, both myself and Tracy (and Danny if I recall) have offered to take time out of our personal lives to go get this done, all we asked for was the funds for it.

To sum this up, I too believe we need a change in leadership, to a management team that embraces ideas and welcomes help. We have plateaued (sp) a few years ago and I feel as though now we are on a downward slope. There is an abundance of resources and energy within the members of this club that can get it back to its former glory days of people knowing who we were! And I apologize for having to be so blunt about this, but sometimes you have to be Donald Trump and be brutally honest instead of being a sugar coating politician.

Lets make the change that we need, and lets start focusing on what we CAN do rather than what we CANT. Once the mentality of the leadership changes and we embrace help internally, we will have a much better chance of cooperating with clubs externally.
                Patryk
                Instagram: @parkus08

91 BMW 340is ///M-Tech II - Under construction
                08 VW .:R32
                04 Audi A4 Avant 1.8TQ

Comment

Okay,

Opinions have been floated around by a small nucleus of friends as to the direction the club should take. I have no problems with this. I also feel that the club has stagnated over the last couple of years and yes, I am the one who, in the end, is responsible for that. So lets move forward with a concrete plan to improve the club. Come out on Thursday and we can talk of your grievances and ideas and lets go about implementing some if not all of them.

This didn't really address my point... you stated that we(I assumed ED) paid for the shirts:

Originally Posted by Ur0Drivr

When in fact you meant the member paid for them:

Originally Posted by Ur0Drivr

We moved away from ordering a set number and then selling them because it ended up being a waste of money, so when we started ITR we decided that it would be done online prior to the show/cruise. We always order a few more to cover those that might still want one but didn't order a shirt online.

I will vent a small bit though

Bryan, if you want to volunteer and/or help you should ask me...not a third party. There may be different reasons as to why we didn't push forward with the help offered at the time and I can't speculate on the reason. I'm not a hard person to deal with and I'm open to new ideas all the time.

The banner thing really Pat?? We all expressed opinions at the time and in the end Tyler posted that he would make one up for the club and he did. Was it ideal, probably not but it was at Driven in 2015. Everyone at the show also got a large ED window sticker too for that. If we do make a bigger push this year to be in shows together and maybe organize a show of our own then I have no problem getting some banners or flags done up for the club.

And Pat, I do not have a CAN'T attitude with regards to the club, but it has been more passive in the last few years and that has more to do with my life happenings.

As for elections I would like to see a bit more input from those around before we as a club (not me) make any decisions on that...again I have no problem with this but so far, as I stated above, there have been only a few people that have asked for this moving forward.

In the mean time I have no problem implementing what Dan suggested in his initial post of adding immediately an Events Coordinator with a committee picked by said coordinator.

Originally posted by Danaldson View Post
                  This thread is mainly about event coordination and organization and what i would like to propose is some management changes or at the very least, the addition of a Events Coordinator to the management team along with an events committee underneath. Voted in by the members of the club of course. From what I've seen in the past, is that management positions are usually just appointed by the ones leaving, and i think these changes should be a club vote instead.
                  Again, I consider all of you friends and I bring no ill will to these talks.
                  --
                  Rod
                  Ex-presidente

Drive

Drove

Comment

Do you really expect someone to aggressively pursue to volunteer when they have been told by multiple people that input and assistance wasn't welcome? Even from within the current executive? Give your head a check. 5 years ago, We didn't know each other from a hole in the ground, we each thought the other was the new guy.

Even in this thread, there are still points raised that go unanswered. Then when some people get pointed, you "laugh" and question the reality of them even bringing it up. That isn't what people are looking for in a community. A real banner, not the little poster that was at driven, isn't that hard to organize and would provide exposure at other events in the scene.

I started my comments based on inclusion, to ensure everyone felt welcome.

You talk about a small group of friends wanting something, but the reality of the matter is that the core of anything ends up being driven by a small group of like minded individuals. It does take one to lead, to organize, to facilitate, to help keep things on track with the vision. No one is ever in a group for themselves, they are in it for each other. They are in it for the comradery, the likemindedness and the common goals. A group will never succeed, grow, or evolve when this is not present. A group of a dozen or more people that want more, when you have only 12 renewals in 2016, isn't a small group. It is a large group with a desire for more.

There are clearly people that are upset, feel excluded and are losing or lost interest. This proof is in the data you yourself quoted, it is in people speaking up in this thread. It has been my experience that when you have people that are usually quiet, that usually are content to be part of the group, start speaking up that it isn't a vocal minority, it is a sign that needs to be recognized.

There is a common piece to this thread, we want EuroDrivers to thrive and grow. The last thing any of us want is for the potential to die, if we don't do anything this will continue to be a duplicate of what happened with CVD. It will continue to feel like there is exclusion, and more groups will fracture. It is the responsibility of this groups executive to stop that from happening, to create an environment where we can welcome individuals from the other groups and hopefully unite the fractured sentiments in this city.

If this can't be recognized, then we are at an impasse until there is a change that allows this to happen.
                    Last edited by GTi; 03-01-2017, 09:05 AM.
                    Bryan Railton
                    '18 Noggy TTrs
                    BBS, ABT, Milltek

Comment

Rod let me know if you want me to start removing the children's mirrors from their cars I have a bat in the trunk and can get started right away!
                      2020 Toyota Corolla Hatch (At least its a Manual!)
                      2001 Audi S4 (Trunk still smells like Ryan?)
                      2001 Audi A4 - RIP
                      2004 Mygale SJ04 - Racecar
                      2013 Toyota Sienna - Baby Transporter
                      2001.5 Audi S4 -SOLD
                      1986 Reynard SF86 -SOLD
                      2003 Jetta GLI - Garbage bin

Comment

Originally posted by RSS View Post
                        Rod let me know if you want me to start removing the children's mirrors from their cars I have a bat in the trunk and can get started right away!
                        Wow....what a great contribution to the discussion!
                        Last edited by VwSweetHeart; 03-01-2017, 09:45 AM.
                        ~Tracy~
                        MKV VW .:R32 // BMW E30 M-Tech II // Audi A4 Avant
                        Instagram @tlarkus

Comment

The fact that any of my points above in red have not been addressed is confirmation of why i feel that assistance, or input is not welcome under the current leadership/management. Again... ill state that there have been many members who have expressed interest in helping out in the past, and have been shut down or overlooked, but you say now that you are very welcoming of new ideas....

What activity has the management team done in the past 6 months to improve the club, or prepare for the coming season? From my perspective..... it seems like nothing. And i think that is terrible given that i am one of the people who comes 99% of the meets. Ive heard talk about events for the 15th anniversary, but no real steps have been taken and look were already 2 months into the anniversary year.

Rod, you keep suggesting that your life happenings have gotten in the way of running the club. That there tells me that you should step down and should be replaced with someone who is more fit to do the job. Having a "passive" attitude of the club for the past few years is just unacceptable and i blame myself for not bringing this up much much sooner.

Ill try my best to ignore Rodgers useless comment for now.

To the members who care about this club who are following along in this thread. Speak up. This should be an open discussion. Not just between the current group participating. Better yet, come out to the monthly meet tomorrow and voice your thoughts and opinions.

Comment

Wow maybe the fact that no one has a sense of humor anymore is the reason for the drop in membership!

And Danne my name does not have a d in it.

If you guys want constructive ideas about funding club activities maybe we can start a pyramid scheme where new members pay a portion of old members fee's just kidding we already tried the pyramid scheme route.
                            2020 Toyota Corolla Hatch (At least its a Manual!)
                            2001 Audi S4 (Trunk still smells like Ryan?)
                            2001 Audi A4 - RIP
                            2004 Mygale SJ04 - Racecar
                            2013 Toyota Sienna - Baby Transporter
                            2001.5 Audi S4 -SOLD
                            1986 Reynard SF86 -SOLD
                            2003 Jetta GLI - Garbage bin

Comment

Originally posted by RSS View Post
                              Wow maybe the fact that no one has a sense of humor anymore is the reason for the drop in membership!

And Danne my name does not have a d in it.

If you guys want constructive ideas about funding club activities maybe we can start a pyramid scheme where new members pay a portion of old members fee's just kidding we already tried the pyramid scheme route.
                              Your brand of humor rules! We'll get along just fine

As for the club itself, I volunteered for CVD for a season and it was a lot of work to be a non-profit organization. Be careful what you wish for.

Planning for a car club is like herding cats. I support whatever decision is best for the club, but be prepared to back it up with action.
                              Fly with me on Instagram!:/:Travel Blog Tickle Your Fancy? Click This!:/:YouTube

Don

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Danaldson View Post
                                Thanks for your comments rod. I understand the reason of moving from euroquake, to into the rockies. I was apart of the final euroquake and understood the frustrations. Also thank you for the insight on the operations of the club.

In my opinion, i think membership fees should be going to improve and invest in the club not charities. I think the club needs to be invested in to improve it, and then save the charity donation for a show once we have built the club.i think that would allow for larger donations.

This is works for me if the club wants it this way we can do this right now.

I think something needs to be done about the low amount of membership renewals and new members. Yes there are perks to having a membership, but i think there needs to be more than that in order to get increased paying members. Like myself for example. I think my Eurodrivers membership has expired, but i still get all the discounts at the shops in the city because i shop around often enough. There is no incentive for me to pay for a memberhip anymore other than just to support the club. This is where a VP external comes to mind.

What options do you think we should take here?

Again, Vp external could improve this]

That's just a title, but we can have someone that looks after this for sure.

As messy as CVD seems, It looks like they are making things happen. They have had elections, and are already in the talks for shows this summer.

If the group would like to try and do a show I am we can get started with this right away.

I believe we need to host a show in Calgary. Hosted by eurodrivers. With the possibility of leaving to open to all makes and models. I dont see anything wrong with leaving it open as there are many european owners who want to attend with jdm friends and such. this would greatly increase exposure for euro drivers.

A Calgary show sounds like a good idea. Last we tried it didn't work out, but let's try to make it happen.

I would absolutely love to wear the club on my sleeve. Promote it, participate in it 100% but i honestly beleive its not possible under the current management. Like you said, life gets in the way which is perfectly understandable. You are going to Chile for family, colin is busy with his job at calgary autoworks, and tyler is also busy with work as well also doesnt own a euro anymore. Where does this leave eurodrivers....... on the backburner. Maybe its time for Members of the management team think about stepping down, or step it up in terms of commitment. And ill say again, there are many members who would have the time and can be enthusiastic about taking the reigns of the club.

We all have jobs and lives that take over from time to time. My Chile trip is for a couple of weeks. That being said I have no problem stepping down and letting someone else lead from here on in. Each one of us here wants to make this a great club and if me stepping down helps in that then that's what needs to happen.

Like toppless said, i am open to staying as a club tailored to the newer vw/euro crowd. but i think there needs to be cohesion with the other clubs around the city. To me it kids of seems like its been a eurodrivers vs CVD vs Dasdubebrs type of deal. but i think that needs to change to a Eurodrivers + CVD + das dubbers.

I am not vs anyone at all and I welcome unity between the VAG clubs wholeheartedly. I have no past issues or problems with anyone from the other clubs.

Again, i dont think leaving things the same in the short term is the best. high attention cannot be given to eurodrivers with the current management team. and the car season is coming up real quick.

I suggest we hold off on elections and appoint a team to organize these things for now. A sort of transition team before elections to get this moving quicker.

I think Driven is now too late. Many members includeing myself have already committed to other groups (our group started to plan before the new year) , and the timeline now is pretty short to get people committed for a big epic showing. but i could be wrong.

2 months for Driven is plenty of time, Scott, can you create a post calling for cars to go to the show.
                                I will try to answer you concerns above Danny. It's not that I was ignoring them.
                                Last edited by Ur0Drivr; 03-01-2017, 10:28 AM.
                                --
                                Rod
                                Ex-presidente

Drive

Drove

Comment

Working...
                                X