Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Eurodrivers Management.

Originally posted by Ur0Drivr View Post
    We've had a good back and forth on the forum and off. We all feel that this needs some tuning up and we have people that have volunteered that are very qualified to help in certain areas of the club. Tomorrow we will have an open and positive discussion on the club to lay some ground work for a general meeting to be held at the end of the month. We will see what comes out of tomorrow and then we will set a plan up for this season that we will discuss at the general meeting.

Thanks to all for your feedback.
    I want to second what Rod has said here, we have had lots of discussion amongst members, on and off the forum.

The process is good, and transition takes time.
    Bryan Railton
    '18 Noggy TTrs
    BBS, ABT, Milltek

Comment

Originally posted by gheron View Post
      i think a conscious effort should have been made here to get as large as a group together as possible for driven last year as appose to some members branching off... as an example im sure if we talk to Mark he would be willing to combine scrape squad and ED booth's if both party's agree and we can have a grand spectacle of cars, i think 2017 is going to bring on more crazy cars and as long as people are wiling to show them off it would be a great place to start and get ED the attention it deserves...
      I 100% agree with this. I never understood the reason for splitting things up when everyone wants to have a much bigger Eurodrivers representation at Driven. Splitting up is counterproductive at that point.
      Scott
      '23 Audi Q5 Technik | Ultra Blue Metallic | Black​
      '01 DC5 Honda Integra Type R | Championship White | Red

Comment

I feel as though the problem with events like Driven is that the disorganization of the past is haunting Eurodrivers at present. Its 2 months before the event and a thread was just started today to discuss who is in. While other organized clubs have been talking about Driven since back in December, and some members feel that being more organized, its a safer bet to commit with those said clubs. Driven may be 2 months away and it may seem like there's lots of time left, we are also 2 months behind many other clubs who have been planning this and wanting a strong presence. At this point, I would write off Driven and focus on some of the later shows like Ill-motion or possibly GCVW. Not saying Eurodrivers should forget about Driven, not by any means, just saying that trying to unite a larger presence with those who have committed to other clubs might not work.
        Patryk
        Instagram: @parkus08

91 BMW 340is ///M-Tech II - Under construction
        08 VW .:R32
        04 Audi A4 Avant 1.8TQ

Comment

Eurodrivers Management.

Originally posted by CGY_GTI View Post
          I 100% agree with this. I never understood the reason for splitting things up when everyone wants to have a much bigger Eurodrivers representation at Driven. Splitting up is counterproductive at that point.
          I decided to branch off after 2015. I wasn't happy with how driven was organized and I expressed that earlier in the thread.

As for driven this year. There is no scrapesquad booth. Myself and a few other members have committed to a different group, and cannot backout. We have already paid our fees, planned out booth, etc. I have devoted my time for driven to that group. Sorry but it's too late for me and others to switch.

Like pat said, majority of the groups who are attending driven have their booths all planned out, And participants have paid. Eurodrivers is long behind.

That being said, I am 100% willing to get going on the next show after that.
          Last edited by Danaldson; 03-01-2017, 07:03 PM.

Comment

Im sorry, Danny and Patryk, but this is where I have to call you out. You preach that other clubs started planning in December and ED hasn't started yet. Why the **** could you not start a thread your fucking self in October if so inclined to start asking about 2017 shows?!?!? A select few of us are going to our 11th year at WUSTE and have been planning it together as REPRESENTATIVES of ED since June 2016. This is just another example of how millennial' sit by and do **** expecting others to do the work for them and then ***** and whine once it's not done for them. This is a COMMUNITY CAR CLUB FORUM. Start a fucking thread about something you want done and the masses will follow or shut you down. I guarantee if you started a Driven thread yourself, A: you'd have the Execs support and B: a bunch of cars would be in the show!

I agree with you 100% about all your other concerns but the shows not being talked about lies solely on the entire club and those that want events but do nothing about starting the discussions.

Anytime you have a problem in life just think of what Patrick Swayze did when he saw Baby in a corner...he got **** done!
            Don't Panic, I'm Hispanic

Comment

I cant speak for Danny, but my reason for not starting a thread for driven goes back to ideas being shut down. I've offered my ideas in prior years for things such as banners, parking arrangements, and other administrative things, which just got overlooked or ignored with an excuse. Not to mention that Driven is an invitational event, and I believe that this is something Rod should either a) mention that we will be a part of early so to not waste our time in planning, or b) have one of the admins post up about it.

Its not about laziness and waiting for the next guy to do it. When I want a Eurodrivers cruise or ice cream meet, I have no hesitation to post it up and plan it. What happened with Ill-Motion a few years back where a bunch of Eurodrivers would have LOVED to be able to get in, and when Rod was approached he turned down the event without anyone else's input?
              Patryk

04 Audi A4 Avant 1.8TQ

Comment

As I see it, if someone wanted to get a group together for this event, then they should have just posted it. I don't see any reason why someone would ever be shut down for starting a thread on here for an event... that's just ridiculous IMO. If there wasn't any interest in the event, then worst case scenario is that nobody would reply, but get shut down for posting..? No. I just don't see it.
                Last edited by CGY_GTI; 03-01-2017, 09:18 PM.
                Scott

Comment

Eurodrivers Management.

Originally posted by popp View Post
                  Im sorry, Danny and Patryk, but this is where I have to call you out. You preach that other clubs started planning in December and ED hasn't started yet. Why the **** could you not start a thread your fucking self in October if so inclined to start asking about 2017 shows?!?!? A select few of us are going to our 11th year at WUSTE and have been planning it together as REPRESENTATIVES of ED since June 2016. This is just another example of how millennial' sit by and do **** expecting others to do the work for them and then ***** and whine once it's not done for them. This is a COMMUNITY CAR CLUB FORUM. Start a fucking thread about something you want done and the masses will follow or shut you down. I guarantee if you started a Driven thread yourself, A: you'd have the Execs support and B: a bunch of cars would be in the sh!
                  Popp what the f*ck do you think I'm doing by creating this thread. I'm doing something about the complaints about the club that have been going on for something like 2 years, and the management team because of exactly what Pat said above. I gave up on eurodrivers driven efforts last year because nothing was happening.

Last year i put my own booth into driven, and our organization was 20x as good as eurodrivers sh*tty booth last year. Ill say it. Eurodrivers put a group together last f*cking second just like every year and all they had was stickers. No one could even tell that they were a club. Looked like a bunch of random cars placed everywhere.

My booth had an table, stickers, shirts and we looked like a team. Our entire team stuck around for the full day. Half the eurodrivers members who attended the show didn't even stay for the majority of the day. So don't go on about me being a lazy f*ck.

Rod himself and other members can confirm that I have asked multiple times at coffee meets, breakfast meets, and group chats about the 15th anniversary events and year. And the answer is always "yeah we should get started with that" and I ask how and want to get something going.

If I haven't made this thread, Eurodrivers would have another sh*t year of lost interest and lower participation like it has for the past 3. Im the one who finally had the balls to speak up about the clubs obvious issues. So f*ck off with your comments like that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                  Last edited by Danaldson; 03-01-2017, 09:28 PM.

Comment

Wow this is the most active thread in years here!! Let's continue to keep things civil though please.

I am glad to see some passions and suggestions but I think things need to evolve but you guys have to decide what works best for all of you and not just for now. These issues and problems have come and gone before; thinking things peaked 3 years ago make me think about the years when we did every show in the province, but hell maybe I think ED peaked 10 years ago

As I live on the other side of the world, the forum is what I focus on, and things like activity and content are a shadow of what they have been in the past and that makes me sad but people seem to prefer social media channels over forums these days, I do find this is the same for all the forums I frequent. I always thought making people feel welcome on the forum first was easier and then allowed them to make an appearance at a meet when comfortable, and hence they were not strangers as such.

For finances we never entered into much sponsorship as firms really are not willing to commit that much money for a random forum and the click through on small sites is minimal at best. Instead we sought to gain discounts and benefits for our paid members, but that requires some loyalty and honesty amongst the membership base to keep up to date, but the intention was never to pressure and let casual people enjoy the club as much as possible.

In my experience planning shows very early never went all that well, projects were never finished and you always lost some of those early committers, but as I mention you guys have to do what you think is best, but I have never found organizing something like Driven to be a walk in the park.

I hope the meet tonight (I live in the future) goes well and some good ideas and thoughts come out of it but I still think you need to start changes small and work at things. Events seems to be a major area of concern so I think concentrating there would be best for the time being, getting a Driven group should be possible and starting working on that calendar and a 15th Anniversary event if possible.

If you are planning an AGM I am in Calgary in mid-April if you want an old timer’s perspective on things
                    Blair
                    Former Cars: '12 Fiat 500, '10 VW GTI, '05 Smart Fortwo, '96 VW Jetta GLX, '02 VW GTI 337.........

Comment

Im with you Blair, I dont believe things peaked 3 years ago. I wasnt around the forums 10 years ago, but i remember about 8 years ago going to my first Euroquake and despite the horrible weather, it was an amazing experience. The meets gave me the same feeling.

As for the AGM, I fully support postponing it to mid april just to get your input, seeing as you were the leader during what i would call the better years of Eurodrivers
                      Patryk

04 Audi A4 Avant 1.8TQ

Comment

Im sorry Dan, but Popp's calling you out was completely justified as everyone has their opinion(especially in a thread like this). Your response however, was completely offside and and that is exactly whats creating an intimidating environment for members. Not only did you respond to him aggressively (which is okay, everything gets heated once in a while) but you have also put down the entire club and the rest of its members in doing so.

Originally posted by Danaldson View Post
                        Popp what the f*ck do you think I'm doing by creating this thread. I'm doing something about the complaints about the club that have been going on for something like 2 years, and the management team because of exactly what Pat said above. I gave up on eurodrivers driven efforts last year because nothing was happening.

Actions speak more than words, if you want to do something about going to shows... then do it! Popp is right, nobody is stopping you from organizing things yourself if you have that much of a problem with how theyre currently going. Wurst is a good example brought up by Popp. GCVWS two summers ago was also planned by just the people who wanted to go. Giving up and entering your own booth is probably the least productive thing you could do to benefit the club.

Last year i put my own booth into driven, and our organization was 20x as good as eurodrivers sh*tty booth last year. Ill say it. Eurodrivers put a group together last f*cking second just like every year and all they had was stickers. No one could even tell that they were a club. Looked like a bunch of random cars placed everywhere.

My booth had an table, stickers, shirts and we looked like a team. Our entire team stuck around for the full day. Half the eurodrivers members who attended the show didn't even stay for the majority of the day. So don't go on about me being a lazy f*ck.
                        Really? 20x as good eh? Where did you get these numbers? Gonna need a proper citation in APA format for that one.
                        Then theres more talking **** about the club, its management, and now the members too? Like honestly, is there anything constructive from this statement?
                        "Our entire team stuck around for the full day. Half the eurodrivers members who attended the show didn't even stay for the majority of the day. So don't go on about me being a lazy f*ck."
                        The only thing I get from that is you having to put the rest of the members on a lower level in order to justify your own actions(or lack there of).

Rod himself and other members can confirm that I have asked multiple times at coffee meets, breakfast meets, and group chats about the 15th anniversary events and year. And the answer is always "yeah we should get started with that" and I ask how and want to get something going.

Just throwing Rod under the bus... again. Moving on...

If I haven't made this thread, Eurodrivers would have another sh*t year of lost interest and lower participation like it has for the past 3. Im the one who finally had the balls to speak up about the clubs obvious issues. So f*ck off with your comments like that.
                        For a thread about overall club issues this so far seems to be very catered to yourself and a few select individuals.
                        You have raised many good points, almost all of which i agree with to an extent. I said this earlier, but again I feel ignored as I was brushed off. AGAIN, the issues you brought up are completely valid and need attention, but that does not mean there are other issues that also needs addressing. This thread is a good start in order to change the club for the better but please, just because you started a thread doesnt make you the hero that saves ED.

Please do not take any of this personally (my comments or any other member's). Responses like this are just not the way to get any positive movement going. Were all adults here (my drivers license says so!), so with that in mind lets keep the comments respectful, meaningful, purposeful, and take everything with a grain of salt. Everyone has their opinion, and thus take in everything with an open mind, theres no point starting a pissing contest about whose right over the internet. It will take the entire club working together to actually do something about these issues and to grow as a community. So I hope you can see where I'm coming from when I say that putting down the club and the rest of its members is simply not productive.
                        Jason

"You dont buy a Volkswagen once, you buy it ten times."
                        ---Samuel Moore

Instagram: @Wangtastic
                        PM me to get your car detailed! - Brightside Detailing

Comment

Originally posted by Canadian Turbo View Post
                          I hope the meet tonight (I live in the future) goes well and some good ideas and thoughts come out of it but I still think you need to start changes small and work at things.
                          This! Rome wasn't built in a day.

The way I see it, we need to start working at things in a logical way, and most importantly, everyone needs to keep an open mind while doing so.

I think the priority for tomorrow should be to identify all of the issues at hand and prioritize them, as I’m sure some are more pressing than others. I will be taking notes so that I can compile a list and post what has been discussed at the meet on here. At that point, if anyone else who is unable to attend tomorrow, they can add any issues that they’ve identified to this list. They key here will be to keep things clear and concise.

Once all of the issues are identified, prioritized, and out in the open, it will be on all of us to brainstorm and pitch the ideas we come up with over the coming days and weeks. After everyone has had the opportunity to voice their ideas, then we can start working on solutions and developing an implementation plan at the AGM.

The alternative is that we can continue to point fingers and bicker, but we aren’t going to get far doing that; if anything, this will just cause us to move backwards and cause more issues. Not to mention that if this continues on the forum, then it’s out in the open for everyone to see - what will prospective new members think about that?

The point is, this a process that is going to take time, and there likely won't be many problems that can be solved immediately, if any. Therefore, I ask that everyone bring forward any constructive criticism they have and keep an open mind while listening to others. If everyone works together effectively, everyone will benefit. We are a very diverse group. Everyone has their own unique skill set, knowledge, and talents - if we do things properly, we can leverage the strengths that people bring to the table. Furthermore, if people have to team up in order to work on some of the solutions moving forward, it would really be nice to see people help others build on their skill set. I think that would be the true win-win situation.
                          Last edited by CGY_GTI; 03-01-2017, 11:12 PM.
                          Scott

Comment

Originally posted by Danaldson
                            And popps comments werent offside calling me lazy and whiney?
                            Let me be clear... I wasn't singling you out but any and all millennials. Ask Gheron, he is one of my friends on here and I tell him at least 17 times day what a lazy ***** he and his kind are....right Johnny
                            Don't Panic, I'm Hispanic

Comment

Eurodrivers Management.

For a thread about overall club issues this so far seems to be very catered to yourself and a few select individuals.
                              You have raised many good points, almost all of which i agree with to an extent. I said this earlier, but again I feel ignored as I was brushed off. AGAIN, the issues you brought up are completely valid and need attention, but that does not mean there are other issues that also needs addressing. This thread is a good start in order to change the club for the better but please, just because you started a thread doesnt make you the hero that saves ED.

Please do not take any of this personally (my comments or any other member's). Responses like this are just not the way to get any positive movement going. Were all adults here (my drivers license says so!), so with that in mind lets keep the comments respectful, meaningful, purposeful, and take everything with a grain of salt. Everyone has their opinion, and thus take in everything with an open mind, theres no point starting a pissing contest about whose right over the internet. It will take the entire club working together to actually do something about these issues and to grow as a community. So I hope you can see where I'm coming from when I say that putting down the club and the rest of its members is simply not productive.
                              [/QUOTE]

I apologize for the comments made about the previous driven club and its participants. Popp got under my skin, and i reacted poorly in defence. We are speaking in pm.

I understand now that ditching the club to do my own thing may have not been the best solution. I should have led by example, helped organize a better driven for ED and kept pushing for organization and involvement.

Im not trying to be the hero who is saving ED. but i do want something better for the club and i think that speaking up shows that i care about this club. Ive said it before and ill say it again, I want everyone to participate in this conversation and share ideas. I wouldn't be saying this if i was being selfish.

I regret saying a few things in this thread, and maybe I should have gone about this whole thing differently. I also should have done this at a better time, and included Colin in this conversation beforehand. I didn't have the intention of blindsiding him while he is away.

In my earlier comments in the thread, ive said that I'm looking for a full overhaul of its management team. After re reading this thread, and speaking with multiple members, I'm open to working together with everyone to create a better ED. Im looking forward to tomorrows conversation and the AGM where everyones voices can be heard.
                              Last edited by Danaldson; 03-02-2017, 12:35 AM.

Comment

There is always many perspectives and views.

The beauty of this thread is that we've aired a lot of them. Tons of great ideas, and valuable comments.

Since Rod's statement about great progress, opportunity, and laying the ground work to improve and build the value that most have spoken about, this has derailed a bit.

I agree with Blair, this needs to remain positive and constructive. We all carry baggage, we all have our buttons that can be pushed. It is important to remember that we are diverse group, in every possible category. It is clear that not everyone has been happy with things in the past, and that's actually pretty normal.

This thread was started to find a way to improve. Through it we have identified gaps, garnered feedback, and some needed criticism. The way forward isn't to drop a bomb and blow it up, but to unite and work as a team.

I look forward to hearing the discussion tomorrow and I know you will like to hear what can be brought to the table.
                                Last edited by GTi; 03-02-2017, 12:09 AM. Reason: Has not gas
                                Bryan Railton
                                '18 Noggy TTrs
                                BBS, ABT, Milltek

Comment

Working...
                                X