Eurodrivers Management.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Eurodrivers Management.

Man...I step away for a few hours and things blow up. Dammit Popp lol.

Let's talk tomorrow boys and girls. I'm off to bed and although I read all the posts...including the erased ones...I'm so tired that I can't remember what those said at all...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    --
    Rod
    Ex-presidente

Drive

2016 VW Golf .:R

Drove
    2001.5 Audi S4 / Santorin Blue STAGE II+ / JFonz Tuned

Comment

Originally posted by Canadian Turbo View Post
      As myself and the old guard have faded away
      Better to burn out than fade away.... I just faded away. Due to similar reasons Popp posted. Hell I am old now. Been around these parts for a long long time. I agree with Blair that to most of the old guard the glory years where 10 years ago... before kids lol. I am not sure what goes on over at CVD as I don't have the time to follow multiple forums. Never really knew where all that tension continued from over the years but I don't know of anyone here not being civil towards any other groups. I can still remember the apprehension over switching to the ED name. Makes more sense looking back on it now but hell I still have a bunch of now old VW's, because kids!
      I also haven't been to a meet in years, mostly due to Thursday night volunteering and hell I don't know who most of you young wipper snappers are in person. Whatever you guys do going forward just remember to turn off the lights and lock the door before you leave please.

PS I don't like when posts are erased by mods... There are no children here so nothing but a death threats should be removed from the forums. If people want to hang their **** out to dry there should be a record to call them out on it.
      Name: Brent
      His: '04 TDI Golf Mods: None If it's smoken it ain't broken
      Family: '15 Jetta Sportwagon
      Fun car: '92 Blue Karmann Crabby Cabby Mods: Coils, front and rear swaybars, LED interior lights and some other old things.

Comment

A decent thread: http://www.wildapricot.com/articles/how-to-start-a-club
        (shortened below)

1. Identify the Club’s Objectives
        Before you get too far along in planning your club, take some time to gather together your “founding members” and have a discussion about your shared objectives for your club. Try to reach an agreement on answers to questions such as:

Define a clear objective or Mission for the group

2. Determine the Club’s Structure

a) Define the type of organization you’re creating:

Clubs that intend to raise funds may need to determine if they meet the criteria to qualify as a non-profit for tax exemption purposes.

In Canada, Revenue Canada offers details on the definition of a non-profit and tax implications: http://www.cra-arc.gc.ca/E/pub/tg/t4117/t4117-e.html

b) Outline the Leadership Structure:

key leadership roles to consider:

Leader: key representative who can lead the club and act as a spokesperson.
        Deputy Leader: a supportive role that offers a back-up for the Leader
        Treasurer: responsible for keeping track of club moneys, fees, expenses, paying bills, etc.
        Communications Manager / Secretary: this role would be responsible for writing meeting minutes; drafting objectives; keeping track of goals for activities, dates for gatherings; sending out meeting reminders and invitations, etc.
        Membership Manager/Officer: responsible for both maintaining member records as well as developing member recruitment strategies

Once these roles are defined, open up nominations and hold elections to be sure that roles are filled in a well-documented, democratic manner.

c) Develop a Charter or Bylaws:

It can be helpful to have a formal document – whether it is a constitution, charter, terms of reference or a set of bylaws – to create a sense of order.

3. Define your Membership

Clearly define what that membership entails:

Who are you targeting as members?
        Are there membership criteria they must meet?
        Are there restrictions? (e.g., members need to be 21, etc.)
        Will you charge membership fees?
        What are the benefits of membership?
        Will there be different types of members or membership levels?

Member Marketing and Recruitment:

Develop a strategy for recruiting additional members.
        Here are some general ideas for promoting your club to potential members:

Create a Membership Committee - to brainstorm recruitment strategy and take responsibility for recruiting and orienting new members.
        Include a Membership Application on your website - along with ensuring the benefits of membership are clearly outlined.
        Invite non-members to events - create a non-member entrance fee or offer a “trial member” visit to a members-only event.
        Start a Member Referral Program - ask each member to recruit another new member. Consider offering incentives for recruitment if there are membership fees involved.
        Hold an Open-House - so that potential members can get to know member benefits first-hand.
        Use existing professional networks to recruit new members - ask members to promote the club within their existing networks.

4. Outline the Financial Structure

Effective records is key to success.

Develop a draft budget.
        Identify any and all sources of income.
        Itemize all potential club expenses related to existing meetings or events as well as plans for the next year .
        Draft financial policies for the club (e.g., member fees, meeting fees, sponsorship levels, etc.)
        Have your leadership team review and finalize the budget and financial processes together.

5. Develop Tools for Outreach and Engagement

Ways to communicate with your existing members and also promote your club to potential new members.

Create a Membership Database
        Develop a Club Website (updated and maintained by your club executives or volunteers)
        Member’s Forum
        Social Media for your Club ( build a presence on, for example:Facebook,LinkedIn,Twitter,Pinterest,...)

Comment

Originally posted by Stonewall View Post

PS I don't like when posts are erased by mods... There are no children here so nothing but a death threats should be removed from the forums. If people want to hang their **** out to dry there should be a record to call them out on it.
          Sorry brent, I deleted my own post because of a change of mindset. I originaly made a second negative reply and realized immediately after that is wouldn't have helped in any way. Tried to make my reply more positive and constructive. Nothing has been deleted by the mods.
          Last edited by Danaldson; 03-02-2017, 11:36 AM.

Comment

I'll be at the meeting tonight. Looking forward to discussing how we can implement some positive changes to help the club.
            Tyler

vinylappeal.com

Comment

Whoever wants to make a change to the club better step up today. Lots of people are coming.
              Fly with me on Instagram!:/:Travel Blog Tickle Your Fancy? Click This!:/:YouTube

Don

sigpic

Comment

Great discussion, but it definitely took a wrong turn starting with popp's first post. Drop the whole generational crap and subtle jabs, it adds nothing but negativity to the discussion.

Anyways, I'm looking forward to hearing what changes transpire from tonight's meet.

Originally posted by funkin View Post
                Myself personally am not overly active within the community and haven't been for a while, barring my friendships with the few I've met here. I'm not interested in holding a position within the management 'group' but would be more inclined to help out and be more active within the community if the club started going in a different direction.
                I'm with TJ. I'll be there to offer whatever assistance I can once there is a clear direction.
                MK5 .:R32 - Aston

Comment

Originally posted by Kg810 View Post
                  Great discussion, but it definitely took a wrong turn starting with popp's first post. Drop the whole generational crap and subtle jabs, it adds nothing but negativity to the discussion.

Anyways, I'm looking forward to hearing what changes transpire from tonight's meet.

I'm with TJ. I'll be there to offer whatever assistance I can once there is a clear direction.
                  I echo everything here. I cannot make it tonight because of a family commitment but I love the club for what it is. I've never had anything but extremely positive experiences at coffee meets and shows. Have made lots of really good friendships and spent way too much on car parts because of all the inspiration around Eurodrivers. The forum is where it all started for me. I started lurking in 2005 when I moved to Canada and never got around to signing up until 2009. I've got a few hobbies, of which this is one, and I love having the option of coffee meets and hangs every weekend. I haven't made it out since last July/August because of work commitments but I plan to be out again as soon as possible. It would be good to have some more presence at shows and Eurodrivers swag available to buy, but I wouldn't want any of that at the cost of the current set up.

Have fun, everyone.
                  Last edited by jacktown; 03-02-2017, 03:25 PM.
                  Nick

I love hatchbacks

Comment

Originally posted by flipstah View Post
                    Whoever wants to make a change to the club better step up today. Lots of people are coming.
                    Maybe we can sell some memberships
                    Blair
                    Former Cars: '12 Fiat 500, '10 VW GTI, '05 Smart Fortwo, '96 VW Jetta GLX, '02 VW GTI 337.........

Comment

Hi everyone,

Is there an update on the transcript of the event? Just want things laid out for the record.
                      Fly with me on Instagram!:/:Travel Blog Tickle Your Fancy? Click This!:/:YouTube

Don

sigpic

Comment

Hey Don,

I'll be reviewing the notes with Bryan over the next couple of days to make sure nothing was missed and then I'll post the transcript for all to see.

Thanks!
                        --
                        Rod
                        Ex-presidente

Drive

Drove

Comment

i'm out.. let it burn.. have fun and play nice kids

Comment

Originally posted by R_Ethug View Post
                            pfft.
                            --
                            Rod
                            Ex-presidente

Drive

Drove

Comment

Originally posted by R_Ethug View Post
                              I knew I should have had Ryan assassinated when I had the chance
                              Blair
                              Former Cars: '12 Fiat 500, '10 VW GTI, '05 Smart Fortwo, '96 VW Jetta GLX, '02 VW GTI 337.........

Comment

Originally posted by Canadian Turbo View Post
                                I knew I should have had Ryan assassinated when I had the chance
                                Hindsight is 20/20 buddy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                                --
                                Rod
                                Ex-presidente

Drive

Drove

Comment

Working...
                                X