Is Staging a home worth the money/time

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is Staging a home worth the money/time

My wife and myself are almost ready to list our new house (investment build)
    we are thinking about having it staged before we list or have showings, any thoughts, recommendations of companies that stage homes
    cost we should expect for this?
    Thanks

Re: Is Staging a home worth the money/time

YES, absolutely yes. For the exact same reason that people don't all drive euro-spec cars, people probably wont like your taste in decorating. There are several great staging companies in town that are really good about reading the house, the neighborhood and the probable clientele to tailor your look for you. Chances are you may hate what they pick, but that's not the point.

Your realtor (assuming you are using one) should have a couple of suggestions, and if not shoot me a PM and I will send you some. (though in my personal opinion, any realtor that can't recommend something like this is not worth working with in the first place)

Comment

i would. i can't recommend a company, but generally if you remove all the clutter and make it look bigger than it is, that's a bonus. remember that you're selling the house so don't waste your time staging it how you want it. less art, less of your stuff. they are buying the house, not your stuff. it has to appeal to everyone but you. it can be a minor inconvenience to you but if it means a few thousand more dollars, do it yourself for free. your realtor should be able to help with what to do, if not, get a new one haha
      you probably don't like me because someone else said they didn't lol. <3

Comment

I'd say depends on where you are and what you want to get out of it.
        In Toronto, the market is so crazy right now you could sell anything as is, staging would be a waste.

What we're doing is we hired an interior designer to help us redesign the entire space - decoration and furniture wise. Since we are moving to a different house with almost the exact same floorplan, we will take all the design with us to the new place. The $3000 is going into buying stuff we will keep instead.

Comment

If it's a new build then I'm assuming the house is empty. In that case I would definitely recommend getting it staged. A lot of people just can't visualize living in a place that is void of furniture. Just envision walking through a show home and then going to see the same floor plan in a house that is under construction and there is a totally different feel.

It might not get you a lot of extra money but it will speed up the sale in my opinion.
          Dave

1994 Audi RS2 Avant 2.2 20VT
          2000 Audi S4 Avant 2.7T *Sold*
          2002 Audi Allroad 2.7T *Sold to MIL so technically still mine*
          2004 Audi RS6 Avant 4.2TT *Waiting to turn 15 before coming out to play*
          2008 Audi S4 Avant 4.2 40V
          2011 Audi S5 Coupe 4.2 32V

Follow me on Instagram @blau_RS2

Comment

In my opinion, it probably is worth it, obviously pending the cost and what you expect to get out of it (more money or a faster sale). A good chunk of people that I know have a hard time visualizing what might fit where.

For me personally though, I prefer to have an empty space and be able to visualize my own stuff without someone else's in there.
            Rob

2004 VW R32

Comment

100% yes. You literally need to treat potential buyers as idiots who can't think for themselves. Some people can go into a home and look past ugly wall color, furniture etc, but that large majority can not see past it. I don't know what the cost to stage will be, but i'm sure you could get twice as much of the staging cost back on the sale.
              sigpic

<<<Ben>>>

Present:
              His: 2008 Cayenne Turbo
              Hers: 2012 Ibis White Q5
              Past:
              B7 A4 Avant 6MT Black
              B7 A4 Avant 6MT Silver
              2004 .:R32 BMP
              2001.5 Noggy blue s4
              2000 VW GTI 1.8T
              1997 VW Jetta VR6

Comment

I'd say it is worth it. My realtor brought in a stager to sell my house it sold in 5 days.

Comment

Yes, if its a new home. One of the biggest issues selling unoccupied new homes is the buyers imagination. Selling the dream of the home is quite difficult when they can't envision anything past the counter. Having the spaces and rooms occupied with professionally designed decor and layouts it can really help the vibe of the home feel like a home.
                  -Terry
                  -2014 S4
                  insta:Whiney_S4

Comment

Working...
                  X