Porsche 911 GT2 RS (2018)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Porsche 911 GT2 RS (2018)

Ladies and gentleman, the moment you’ve all been waiting for has arrived. This is the new Porsche 911 GT2 RS. After endless batches of spy shots, countless reports, and a preview earlier this month at E3, the Nine Eleven beast is finally here and it was well worth the tease. Without further ado, here are all the juicy specs.

The 3.8-litre, flat-six engine has been sourced from the 911 Turbo S and blessed with a pair of larger turbochargers and an extra cooling system. It now pumps out a monstrous 690 horsepower and 553 pound-feet of torque in a car that tips the scales at 1,470 kilograms. That's including a full tank of gas.

If you remember the old 911 GT2 RS from 2011, it was down on power by 79 hp and 37 lb-ft of torque compared to its successor unveiled today at the Goodwood Festival of Speed.

But wait, there’s more. Actually, less. An optional Weissach package shaves off almost 30 kilograms thanks to magnesium wheels and an abundance of carbon fibre components, such as the anti-roll bars, roof, and the end links on both front and rear axles. The largely exposed carbon fibre weave of the roof and trunk also contributes to the diet.

Let’s talk performance. Porsche says the new 911 GT2 RS will do 0 to 100 kilometres per hour in 2.8 seconds. Take it to the max and it will top out at 340 km/h.

In charge of delivering all that power to the 21-inch rear wheels is a seven-speed, dual-clutch automatic gearbox specially adapted for the new application. As for the glorious soundtrack, it’s generated by a new titanium exhaust system lighter by about 6.8 kilograms than the one installed in the 911 Turbo.

Stepping inside, it’s a lovely combination of red Alcantara and numerous carbon fibre bits. Bucket seats with carbon fibre-reinforced backrests are part of the deal, as is the roll cage lurking behind them. Porsche will sell the 911 GT2 RS with an optional Chrono Package providing drivers with a new display to keep a close eye on lap times. There’s even a matching watch tailor-made for the new range topper.

And now let’s get to the delicate matter of pricing. In Canada, the 2018 Porsche 911 GT2 RS will cost $334,000, and is going to be in dealerships from early next year, while the Weissach package will retail for an extra $35,370. In the United States, it will cost $293,200, while in Germany, the model starts at €285,220. In the U.K. it kicks off from a cool £207,506.

Blair
    Former Cars: '12 Fiat 500, '10 VW GTI, '05 Smart Fortwo, '96 VW Jetta GLX, '02 VW GTI 337.........

Porsche 911 GT2 RS (2018)

I'll be honest im not a huge fan of the front and rear bumper designs but wow what a car :o

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Danaldson; 07-04-2017, 09:25 AM.

Comment

Re: Porsche 911 GT2 RS (2018)

I need to win the lottery, gawd damn this thing is beautiful
      sigpic

<<<Ben>>>

Present:
      His: 2008 Cayenne Turbo
      Hers: 2012 Ibis White Q5
      Past:
      B7 A4 Avant 6MT Black
      B7 A4 Avant 6MT Silver
      2004 .:R32 BMP
      2001.5 Noggy blue s4
      2000 VW GTI 1.8T
      1997 VW Jetta VR6

Comment

I still prefer the looks of the GT3 RS, just a bit too much going on with this one, but I will be happy to at least see one!
        Blair
        Former Cars: '12 Fiat 500, '10 VW GTI, '05 Smart Fortwo, '96 VW Jetta GLX, '02 VW GTI 337.........

Comment

Don't get me wrong, I love, love, love the madness of the GT2RS and if I ever won the lottery, would most likely have one in my 9 car garage. However, 1:45 onwards on this video explains why I would still buy a GT3 first!

Bwaaawaawawwwaawaaaaaaaaa!!!!

https://youtu.be/vbh1f3aWtq0

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
          Rob
          Daddy's "Hooligan" - MK4 R32 in Deep Blue Pearl
          Mommy's "Gran Turismo" - E70 X5M in Black Sapphire Metallic

GONE... BUT NOT FORGOTTEN:

The Family "Muscle Car" - B7 RS4 in Misano Red - Dad's 20th Anniversary "Wanna-be R32" GTi

Comment

Oh my god, yep. 100% agree with you, nothing comes close to that note in my mind.

Comment

An impressive 6:47.3 lap time in this monster at the 'Ring!

Blair

Comment

fastest production car around the ring wow!

Comment

Definitely an amazing track car and highway driver. The slightest touch on the gas probably launches you past 80 km/h.

Comment

I would way rather have torque over a loud gt3
                    Last edited by T-Dubbs; 09-27-2017, 09:43 AM.
                    ~~TODD~~
                    '12 x5 35d fully deleted (DUDMD Stg2)

Comment

Amazing! Although the P1 did it a few seconds quicker didn't it? Is it not considered a production car?
                      sigpic

<<<Ben>>>

Present:
                      His: 2008 Cayenne Turbo
                      Hers: 2012 Ibis White Q5
                      Past:
                      B7 A4 Avant 6MT Black
                      B7 A4 Avant 6MT Silver
                      2004 .:R32 BMP
                      2001.5 Noggy blue s4
                      2000 VW GTI 1.8T
                      1997 VW Jetta VR6

Comment

Originally posted by asp gti View Post
                        Amazing! Although the P1 did it a few seconds quicker didn't it? Is it not considered a production car?
                        The P1 LM was quicker at 6:43, but it’s not considered a production car, as they have the be mass produced to fall under that category. There were only five P1 LM’s made, plus one prototype.
                        Scott
                        '23 Audi Q5 Technik | Ultra Blue Metallic | Black​
                        '01 DC5 Honda Integra Type R | Championship White | Red

Comment

Not sure if anybody linked this but WOW. Its like a video game!!

Comment

Ridiculous!!!
                            Derek

-2008 Avus Silver RS4-Fat ass II
                            -1996 C4S-Fat Ass
                            -2007 FJ Cruiser-6 speed

Comment

Sick...

Comment

Working...