Interesting car option

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Interesting car option

Thought this was pretty crazy - Absolutely 0 requirement for anyone in the US to be responsible for themselves...

"More than two dozen child and road safety groups are backing the U.S. Senate bill introduced last week aimed at preventing those kinds of deaths by requiring cars to be equipped with technology that can alert drivers if a child is left in the back seat once the vehicle is turned off. It could be a motion sensor that can detect a baby left sitting in a rear-facing car seat and then alert the driver, in a similar way that reminders about tire pressure, open doors and seat belts now come standard in cars."

https://app.tmxmoney.com/news/cpnews...8&mobile=false
    Stefan
    -> '19 Deep Black Pearl Alltrack
    -> '05 Urban Grey Passat Wagon TDI.
    -> Past rides: '14 Allroad, 06 Mazda5, '98 Jetta K2, '01 Jetta TDI, '91 Mazda B2200, '81 Toyota Cressida
    -> FutuRe Ride...??!

Re: Interesting car option

Nissan rear door alert already an option (plus some GMs have a feature too). Helping people get lazier and stupider all the time...

Blair
    Former Cars: '12 Fiat 500, '10 VW GTI, '05 Smart Fortwo, '96 VW Jetta GLX, '02 VW GTI 337.........

Comment

Originally posted by Canadian Turbo View Post
      Nissan rear door alert already an option (plus some GMs have a feature too). Helping people get lazier and stupider all the time...

This just confirms that the new Pathfinder is a soccer mom suv and I'll be keeping my '03 Pathfinder...lol

Comment

So if I put a box in the back seat and make another stop, and dont open and close the back door at my next stop. The car honks? This is just beyond stupid, if you can manage to leave your kid/dog/anything in the back that would be harmed by heat you shouldnt be driving as clearly you arent paying attention to anything.
        Calgary Autoworks

2004.5 Jetta GLI
        2005 Audi Allroad

Comment

Working...
        X