BMW Z4 Concept (2017)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BMW Z4 Concept (2017)

Let’s start with the good news – it looks simply amazing. The car gives us a different take on BMW’s evolutionary design, but features sharper, more dynamic and sculptured lines with a super-aggressive front end. What we like especially are the sleek headlights and the massive air intakes in the sporty front bumper. Those 20-inch two-tone, five twin-spoke wheels are a perfect match for the muscular fenders. The rear end is dominated by wide vertical taillights and an attractive diffuser.

The interior is pretty as well. It retains the basic layout of BMW’s current production models, but features minimalistic design. Interestingly, it’s a two-tone cabin – the driver’s seat is covered in black Alcantara, as well as half of the dashboard, while the passenger seat is finished in exterior-matching orange colour.

The centre console is home to a big tablet-like display and the climate controls are located just below it – in typical BMW fashion. The instrument cluster appears to be fully digital and another small display is mounted on the steering wheel – probably displaying information about speed, lap times, etc.

We have some bad news, as well. This is still a study and probably some of the coolest design features won’t be seen in the production model. Speaking of which, we expect to see the final production version of the roadster in the first half of 2018, most likely in Geneva.

Sales should start shortly after with prices remaining close to the price range of the current model. A lineup of 2.0- and 3.0-litre turbocharged units will be available, offered with either a six-speed manual gearbox or an eight-speed automatic.

Blair
    Former Cars: '12 Fiat 500, '10 VW GTI, '05 Smart Fortwo, '96 VW Jetta GLX, '02 VW GTI 337.........

Re: BMW Z4 Concept (2017)

Real world pics

Blair
    Former Cars: '12 Fiat 500, '10 VW GTI, '05 Smart Fortwo, '96 VW Jetta GLX, '02 VW GTI 337.........

Comment

I love that copper color! The design is nice too, just curious how you can see out of those side mirrors though.

Comment

I like the S3 logo in the instrument cluster. I doubt the final product will look as edgy as this one though.
        Dave

1994 Audi RS2 Avant 2.2 20VT
        2000 Audi S4 Avant 2.7T *Sold*
        2002 Audi Allroad 2.7T *Sold to MIL so technically still mine*
        2004 Audi RS6 Avant 4.2TT *Waiting to turn 15 before coming out to play*
        2008 Audi S4 Avant 4.2 40V
        2011 Audi S5 Coupe 4.2 32V

Follow me on Instagram @blau_RS2

Comment

Working...
        X