Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ECS Tuning

Hey,

Just wondering if anyone has ordered off there. If so, did you get raped on customs? I'm looking to get a set of front pads and rotors for my s4.

Thanks!!

Re: ESC Tuning

Yea i've ordered from them directly before and its absolutely ridiculous for the cost of shipping let alone the duty and UPS brokerage fees, dont use UPS whatever you do

I know you can order from ECS Through Calgary Auto Works at a more competitive price.
    Last edited by jjtoutt; 09-19-2017, 05:22 PM.
    Josh

2006 Jetta TDI (DSG)
    decent amount of (little) cosmetic mods
    Colt stage II cam
    PD150 Injectors
    Darkside GTB1749V
    Malone stage 5 (dynamic Idle and EGR delete)
    Malone DSG tune
    H&R coilovers
    Panzer skidplate
    OEM LED Tail lights.
    OEM style projector headlights with e46 (clear lens) projector swap

2008 ford Ranger 5 spd

Comment

Originally posted by jjtoutt View Post
      Yea i've ordered from them directly before and its absolutely ridiculous for the cost of shipping let alone the duty and UPS brokerage fees, dont use UPS whatever you do

I know you can order from ECS Through Calgary Auto Works at a more competitive price.
      Thanks man. I'll head down to auto works!

Comment

Your Welcome
        Josh

2006 Jetta TDI (DSG)
        decent amount of (little) cosmetic mods
        Colt stage II cam
        PD150 Injectors
        Darkside GTB1749V
        Malone stage 5 (dynamic Idle and EGR delete)
        Malone DSG tune
        H&R coilovers
        Panzer skidplate
        OEM LED Tail lights.
        OEM style projector headlights with e46 (clear lens) projector swap

2008 ford Ranger 5 spd

Comment

Second those sentiments. Similarly ordering from AWE directly, they use UPS as well, same rape and pillage story. I told them I wouldn't do any more business with them until they stopped using those dirty pirates for logistics.

Comment

Just never use UPS when ordering from the states PERIOD.

I usually pay the extra up front with someone like FedEx so there's no surprises when it arrives. UPS has the most ridiculous brokerage charges.

Comment

So for all you people still paying brokerage fees and who want to get out of it.

Read this: http://www.eurodrivers.ca/forums/sho...Brokerage-fees
              Last edited by witchcraftz; 09-20-2017, 09:38 AM.

Comment

i strongly recommend going through natty@GTR AUTO for any ecs parts.

Send him the part number and ECS part number. He can get it for you for a better deal. Natty also wont ship items in boxes then are 5x too large.

Comment

Originally posted by Danaldson View Post
                  i strongly recommend going through natty@GTR AUTO for any ecs parts.

Send him the part number and ECS part number. He can get it for you for a better deal. Natty also wont ship items in boxes then are 5x too large.
                  The box size issue is ECS, we've been dealing with it for years. They use an automated system that calculates which box should be used and the people in their shipping department don't have enough common sense to figure out maybe it's a bad idea.
                  Calgary Autoworks

2004.5 Jetta GLI
                  2005 Audi Allroad

Comment

Originally posted by BaggedGLI View Post
                    The box size issue is ECS, we've been dealing with it for years. They use an automated system that calculates which box should be used and the people in their shipping department don't have enough common sense to figure out maybe it's a bad idea.
                    yup exactly what i meant. My buddy ordered a couple air filters, some oil and brake pads and it ended up coming in a box that was meant for a full exhaust system or giant bumper lol. They rape you on shipping.

Comment

Just get your stuff shipped to the Montana Shipping Outlet in Sweetgrass. ECS and most other shops ship for free anywhere in the US. Granted you need to order from a few different places to make it worth your while but it doesn't take much to save the shipping and brokerage costs. The $50 of gas is nothing compared to their damn fees. Occasionally I get waved right through and don't even have to pay the GST.

It's a good option if you're not in a desperate hurry. I'm heading down in the next few weeks to grab a bunch of stuff.

I can attest to the bad packaging by ECS from previous orders.

Dave
                      Dave

1994 Audi RS2 Avant 2.2 20VT
                      2000 Audi S4 Avant 2.7T *Sold*
                      2002 Audi Allroad 2.7T *Sold to MIL so technically still mine*
                      2004 Audi RS6 Avant 4.2TT *Waiting to turn 15 before coming out to play*
                      2008 Audi S4 Avant 4.2 40V
                      2011 Audi S5 Coupe 4.2 32V

Follow me on Instagram @blau_RS2

Comment

That's automated shipping problems for you. It's the main reason our current website isn't up yet. We've had to design a box packing system with an algorithm that fits items into the best box/boxes and then also produces a 3D map of where the item go, so the human can pack the box in the same way. Everything we found commercially was too simplistic and way too expensive, along the lines of $2000 USD/month.

Comment

I had good luck with europaparts.com ecs I found to be to expensive. I also had good luck just buying parts from tunedub as he gets a deal on parts.

Comment

Thanks guys!

At the end of the day ECS is a supplier. You can find a huge majority of those parts from many other places. Including OEM, OE and Performance. ECS does have a great website as well as exclusive parts but if you ask me or a few other places we can usually get it in for much less than what an end user would pay.

Also for those who like to pickup from the border I can also ship directly to the USA side of the border if you wish to pickup
                            Now offering detailing services!! http://www.gtrauto.ca/detailing-services.html

United Motorsport, Kerma TDI, KW, APR, COBB, Magnaflow, K&N, AFE, Motul, Lubromoly, Sonax, Air Lift, HPA, Ohlins, Klutch Wheels, Remus Exhaust

info@gtrauto.ca / www.gtrauto.ca / GTR Auto Facebook

Comment

I'm a long time ECS Tuning customer; if you choose their UPS "Canada Saver" option it has the benefit of showing you all shipping, duty, and taxes that you will be charged up front. Unfortunately, for the last couple of years I've found all of ECS's shipping options have gone up in price to the point where they are no longer competitive with some other vendors. For my last few parts orders I've used FCP Euro Parts with USPS shipping; the downside of this has been a longer delivery time.

ECS is still my go to place for certain Audi and BWM EOM parts which places like FCP don't carry.

Comment

Working...
                              X