has anyone tried 4tires.ca?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• has anyone tried 4tires.ca?

I need new tires for my truck, and I am wondering where people have had the best luck. currently running BF Goodrich AT T/A K02, and they've been great. l

Local quotes start at $358 a tire, and go up from there (WAY up). 4tires.ca has them for $290 each, which is way better, but then I gotta get them installed by a local tire shop. does anyone have suggestions?

Lastly, I know KalTire matches any online price, but I have a horrible suspicion that they will find some kind of ridiculous fee to charge me.

any advice is appreciated.

Re: has anyone tried 4tires.ca?

What tire size?
    Calgary Autoworks

2004.5 Jetta GLI
    2005 Audi Allroad

Comment

275/65/20, need to be 10ply as its a HD truck.

Comment

I would say that is pretty cheap
        Now offering detailing services!! http://www.gtrauto.ca/detailing-services.html

United Motorsport, Kerma TDI, KW, APR, COBB, Magnaflow, K&N, AFE, Motul, Lubromoly, Sonax, Air Lift, HPA, Ohlins, Klutch Wheels, Remus Exhaust

info@gtrauto.ca / www.gtrauto.ca / GTR Auto Facebook

Comment

Maybe talk to Chad at Kal Tire 32nd Ave?
          Calgary Autoworks

2004.5 Jetta GLI
          2005 Audi Allroad

Comment

I bought my truck tires from Bob at urbanX in the northeast a few years ago. Got Toyo all terrains and have been very happy was the cheapest I could find and also I picked up a screw so they patched it for me no charge because I bought from them.

have a look at the Toyo, and consider UrbanX (although addmittedly haven't been there in a couple years now so not sure if service/pricing is the same as it once was).

Edit: sorry I guess your question was if we tried 4tires. I haven't so can't comment unfortunately.
            Last edited by Tuna; 09-21-2017, 08:33 PM.
            Jay

Comment

talk to Chad.. frig i'm in toronto and if i needed tires i'd call Chad and have him ship them

Comment

Never tried 4tires.ca, but I have dealt with PMCtire out of Quebec when the dollar dropped and tirerack became unfeasible. They've always been good, but alas, I checked your tire and they want $326.11+tax, but free shipping. My bro uses CT Mobile Tire Services out of Airdrie and swears by them. If anything give them a shout for another quote...403-899-2249.

Comment

I have nothing to add to this, but +1 on the BF Goodrich AT T/A K02 I have them in 33x12.5x15 on my Pathfinder and they're great!
                  Dylan

Comment

I have never had bad service from Bob and Urban X. Gave me cost a couple times when the wife kept getting holes in the new tires too. Though I have heard he is having some health issues so not in the shop as much but I am sure the service will be the same.
                    Name: Brent
                    His: '04 TDI Golf Mods: None If it's smoken it ain't broken
                    Family: '15 Jetta Sportwagon
                    Fun car: '92 Blue Karmann Crabby Cabby Mods: Coils, front and rear swaybars, LED interior lights and some other old things.

Comment

Working...
                    X