Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need some suggestions

Hey,

I'm doing my first oil change on my b8 s4, and i'm torn up between oils... So far its between Motul 8100, motul 300v, castrol synthetic. I'm open to opinions.

For brakes, I need to do my front pads and rotors. Does anyone have any suggestions on who normally has the best bang for your buck in town?

Thanks for the HELP!!

Re: Need some suggestions

Have used Motul 8100 excess 5w40 in my B7 S4, B7 RS4 and my golf R. Seems to work well for me!
    Derek

-2008 Avus Silver RS4-Fat ass II
    -1996 C4S-Fat Ass
    -2007 FJ Cruiser-6 speed

Comment

Thanks Ginch, I'll definitely give it a shot!

Comment

Mobil1 0w40 is pretty good for price. Could give Natty at GTR Auto a shout for the brake parts. Oil/filter while you're at it as well. Lots of choices, but honestly just make sure it's a VW approved spec. Have fun!!!

Comment

+1 for Natty.
          Stefan
          -> '19 Deep Black Pearl Alltrack
          -> '05 Urban Grey Passat Wagon TDI.
          -> Past rides: '14 Allroad, 06 Mazda5, '98 Jetta K2, '01 Jetta TDI, '91 Mazda B2200, '81 Toyota Cressida
          -> FutuRe Ride...??!

Comment

We usually recommend Liquimoly Liechlauf 5w40, it meets the required specs and it was blended for direct injection engines and is supposed to be more resistant to breaking down and building up as carbon due to a high film strength.

We also have the new Motul Sport Ester in 5W40 and 5W50 in stock at Calgary Autoworks, 300V as well.

Can get brake parts not a problem today if you want to be ready to go for the weekend.
            Calgary Autoworks

2004.5 Jetta GLI
            2005 Audi Allroad

Comment

Working...
            X