• Show
Clear All

Re: Passat engine pulsing

Might just be the lockup solenoid.

Comment

Originally posted by witchcraftz View Post
      Might just be the lockup solenoid.
      If everything comes together, I would really like to turn it in to a 5 speed and keep it for a few more years. It would be a cool project as well as get the auto out of a car that is getting in to higher miles. As the auto is still working, it may be worth something as well and help fund the project.
      Stefan
      -> '19 Deep Black Pearl Alltrack
      -> '05 Urban Grey Passat Wagon TDI.
      -> Past rides: '14 Allroad, 06 Mazda5, '98 Jetta K2, '01 Jetta TDI, '91 Mazda B2200, '81 Toyota Cressida
      -> FutuRe Ride...??!

Comment

There is a tsb on the torque converter for the 2006 I wonder if it is the same part carried over. Might give you more information. Also a fluid and filter change might help as well.
        Been driving VAG for longer then allot of the members have been alive

Comment

Fluid and filter are pretty new. Less than a year.
          Stefan
          -> Past rides: '14 Allroad, 06 Mazda5, '98 Jetta K2, '01 Jetta TDI, '91 Mazda B2200, '81 Toyota Cressida
          -> FutuRe Ride...??!

Comment

Did you do the fluid change ? I know a shop did mine by using a infrared thermometer on the pan for trans temp and it needed fluid when it was checked by using with a vag com for the trans temp.
            Been driving VAG for longer then allot of the members have been alive

Comment

Originally posted by toplessvw View Post
              Did you do the fluid change ? I know a shop did mine by using a infrared thermometer on the pan for trans temp and it needed fluid when it was checked by using with a vag com for the trans temp.
              Yup. Was a pain in the butt, but am pretty confident I did it correctly.

Used this guide (great site):
              http://www.myturbodiesel.com/wiki/at...ssat-and-audi/
              Last edited by stefan; 02-14-2018, 08:17 AM.
              Stefan
              -> FutuRe Ride...??!

Comment

Just an update... 5 speed is ordered for this old girl! Should be a cool project.

-Transmission
                -Performance DMF and Sachs clutch
                -Pedals, lines, sensors, shifter, inner CVs, tranny mounts, clutch slave cylinder, etc..

-Malone will do the software side.
                Last edited by stefan; 02-23-2018, 12:33 PM.
                Stefan
                -> FutuRe Ride...??!

Comment

Originally posted by stefan View Post
                  Just an update... 5 speed is ordered for this old girl! Should be a cool project.

-Transmission
                  -Performance DMF and Sachs clutch
                  -Pedals, lines, sensors, shifter, inner CVs, tranny mounts, clutch slave cylinder, etc..

-Malone will do the software side.
                  Performance DMF instead of a SMF? That was the better call or you just want the stock feel?
                  2001 Jetta TDI GL Silver
                  Malone Tune stage 5+ ,VNT17-22Turbo, OMI, PP Race Pipe, PD 150 Intake, 2 1/2" Straight back exhaust, no mufflers, 2 1/2" downpipe straight no Cat, Race 520 Injectors, 11mm Fuel Pump, Lift Pump, EGR Delete mod,DC Stage IV Clutch, Michelin X-Ice 2's, 26 lb/s of boost alll day long, Smoking like a train!

Comment

Originally posted by dJ View Post
                    Performance DMF instead of a SMF? That was the better call or you just want the stock feel?
                    Frans at Dutch auto parts was the one who brought it to my attention.. he suggested it if running any sort of tune.
                    Stefan
                    -> FutuRe Ride...??!

Comment

Originally posted by stefan View Post
                      Frans at Dutch auto parts was the one who brought it to my attention.. he suggested it if running any sort of tune.
                      Interesting. Most the time I've ever looked at replacing a DMF it's always recommended to put a SMF as they are more reliable but maybe this one is built better? Maybe it's a LUK DMF?
                      2001 Jetta TDI GL Silver
                      Malone Tune stage 5+ ,VNT17-22Turbo, OMI, PP Race Pipe, PD 150 Intake, 2 1/2" Straight back exhaust, no mufflers, 2 1/2" downpipe straight no Cat, Race 520 Injectors, 11mm Fuel Pump, Lift Pump, EGR Delete mod,DC Stage IV Clutch, Michelin X-Ice 2's, 26 lb/s of boost alll day long, Smoking like a train!

Comment

Originally posted by dJ View Post
                        Interesting. Most the time I've ever looked at replacing a DMF it's always recommended to put a SMF as they are more reliable but maybe this one is built better? Maybe it's a LUK DMF?
                        I did like the SMF on my MK4 (think you ended up with that one). Responsive, although quite rattly on a TDI!
                        Stefan
                        -> FutuRe Ride...??!

Comment

Working...
                        X