Haldex Controller

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Haldex Controller

So my S3 is very close to 100% finally, down to the last issue. When i drive the car at full lockout say pulling out of a parking spot, it feels like the rear diff is stuck in 4x4. The rear wheels seem like they are trying to spin at the same rate, causing the outter wheel to skip/slip until I straighten out. Once im driving over 5kph or going strait there is no issue, so as long as i avoid full lockout the cars fine.

From what I've read during my research it sounds like the Haldex controller isn't telling the diff to disengage at low speeds or the thingy that disengages gets stuck. Most people who had this issue either just drove the car with the issue, or sold it so I don't have a lot to go off of. Has anyone ever heard of this happening before?

I've done a Haldex service and made sure the fluid was topped up, so at this point I'm assuming its the Haldex controller. Anyone happen to be parting out a MK1 TT / MK4 R32 ? or have a Haldex controller laying around?

My other option would be to get the HPA touchscreen controller I suppose.
    Ryan
    Old & Sold:
    2002 Jetta 1.8T
    2001 A4 1.8T

Current:
    2000 Audi S3 Imola Yellow
    2015 Fusion 2.0L Turbo AWD

Re: Haldex Controller

Does it have a Powertrak insert installed, probably the thing to check first.
    Calgary Autoworks

2004.5 Jetta GLI
    2005 Audi Allroad

Comment

Re: Haldex Controller

Originally posted by BaggedGLI View Post
      Does it have a Powertrak insert installed, probably the thing to check first.
      Never thought to check that actually, thats the little gold fitting that screws in right? ill have to look, would be awesome if thats all it was.
      Ryan
      Old & Sold:
      2002 Jetta 1.8T
      2001 A4 1.8T

Current:
      2000 Audi S3 Imola Yellow
      2015 Fusion 2.0L Turbo AWD

Comment

Working...
      X