Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2010 audi heating issue

Hey,

Has anyone come across cold air blowing out of the vents when the heat is on high with the engine warm? I've been driving around and sometimes I get hot air but its 50/50 chance either hot or cold air. Just trying to get this issue resolved.

Thanks guys

Re: 2010 audi heating issue

Could be a mixture flap needing adaptation for not fully opening or closing. B8 S4 are notorious for thermostat issues. I would start with those. If issues persist further diagnosis or a heater core flush, depends how you would want to proceed.
    Last edited by BaggedGLI; 01-11-2018, 12:35 PM.
    Calgary Autoworks

2004.5 Jetta GLI
    2005 Audi Allroad

Comment

I had the air blend door break on my MK4 jetta a few winters ago winter. Not hard but took a bit of time to disassemble the dash to get inside and fix it.
      Last edited by witchcraftz; 01-11-2018, 12:03 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by BaggedGLI View Post
        Could be a mixture flap needing adaptation for not fully opening or closing. B8 S4 are notorious for thermostat issues. I would start with those. If issues persist further diagnosis or a heater core flush, depends how you would want to proceed.
        I'm calling around for rates on the thermostat. No way in hell am I doing it haha. WAYYYY too much work.

Comment

little update, I tried doing a heater core flush. No luck. I did some more research and on audizine people said there was a recall back in 2011 on these bad boys. Hopefully that's still a thing.

Comment

Here's a link you can use to see if your car has any recalls, just type in the VIN. Keep us posted
            http://web.audiusa.com/recall/
            Hers 2009 Audi A4 6sp manual
            Mine....2005 Golf TDI, VNT 17, Malone tuned stage 4, Spec stage 2 clutch, FMIC, Ventectomy, NewSouth gauges, BuzzKen 2.5 turbo back exhaust, Evolution Skidplate, Helix OEM Reps retrofitted with Morimoto Bixenon mini's, ST coils, colour matched Huffs. Frostheater

Comment

Originally posted by madramzi24 View Post
              little update, I tried doing a heater core flush. No luck. I did some more research and on audizine people said there was a recall back in 2011 on these bad boys. Hopefully that's still a thing.
              What did you use to flush? We have a pump we hook up that circulates and heats the flushing solution through the heater core.
              Calgary Autoworks

2004.5 Jetta GLI
              2005 Audi Allroad

Comment

Originally posted by Geobmx4life View Post
                Here's a link you can use to see if your car has any recalls, just type in the VIN. Keep us posted
                http://web.audiusa.com/recall/
                Hey, I checked that out. Nothing for my vin. Other vin's had recalls on their thermostats haha.

What did you use to flush? We have a pump we hook up that circulates and heats the flushing solution through the heater core.
                I just used a hand pump with warm water than a prestone flush and clean bottle. I pumped 8 liters of warm water through than I pumped the flush and clean and topped up with g12.

Comment

We typically flush for 8-12 hours.
                  Calgary Autoworks

2004.5 Jetta GLI
                  2005 Audi Allroad

Comment

We typically flush for 8-12 hours.
                    Wow, that is an in depth cleaning there.

Comment

LOL 8-12!?? I need to flush the all road soon as it barely pumps heat out anymore I was just going to do a few back and forth using Home Depot hoses and my air compressor and maybe some CLR or something

Comment

Working...
                      X