Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Euro BMW E46 M3

Hows all?,

Im Thinking of Importing my BMW E46 M3 its a fairly high spec Euro car, but its RHD... Looking at current prices in the US and canada they are making big $$$ would a RHD car appeal to the marketplace here? Altho if i do bring it over i wont be selling it in a hurry,
    Brian

Re: Euro BMW E46 M3

I think there is always a market for something nobody has. I personally don’t want a rhd car if I can get in lhd. I believe you posted pictures of it before and it was a very nice looking car, so the question may be why wouldn’t you bring it over and enjoy it.

I’ve been watching e92 and e46 m3’s for about 4 months. E46 in mint shape can push into the high 20’s and the junk ones are about 15k.

Comment

If you’re planning to bring it over to enjoy it, you could always look at the market in UK/Ireland compared to the US in a few years and send it back if it’s worthwhile. I’d imagine a RHD car would be worth considerably less in a LHD territory, even if prices swelled.
      Nick

I love hatchbacks

Comment

Ya thats what ive been thinking myself, the fact that its a model that can be bought here is whats putting me off, RHD here would bug me but as ive done so much work to it i dont particularly want to sell it, the market in here , the US and Europe are defiantly stronger than UK/Ireland for e46's but its getting harder to get a well sorted/ well minded car there too as being cheaper ment alot of kids got their hands on them and thrashed them,

I also have been following E92's and E46 m3s for the last year, but i dont think id spend 25-30k on 1

Ive also thought about doing a LHD conversion but not sure if it would be worth it
        Last edited by Feens; 01-15-2018, 03:18 PM.

Comment

RHD will not hold its value well IMO.

I'd just buy a LHD from Japan or something.
          Last edited by JVD; 01-16-2018, 08:07 AM.

Comment

Ive a guy in Germany who has done a few RHD to LHD conversions so i might get it converted before i import it, depending on cost

Comment

Working...
            X