Light colour leather interior?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Light colour leather interior?

Do guys not like light leather interior because black looks cooler, or because light is a pain to maintain? I stuck my head in an Alltrack with a light tan interior and kinda dug the look. It seems super uncommon though.

Stefan
    -> '19 Deep Black Pearl Alltrack
    -> '05 Urban Grey Passat Wagon TDI.
    -> Past rides: '14 Allroad, 06 Mazda5, '98 Jetta K2, '01 Jetta TDI, '91 Mazda B2200, '81 Toyota Cressida
    -> FutuRe Ride...??!

Re: Light colour leather interior?

I've always been on the fence, I've seen some friend's cars with light colored leather and they say it gets dirty quickly but who knows how well they maintain it.

Comment

My parents have the oyster leather in their X3. It looks awesome but yes, it does need more attention. Mostly the blue dye from blue jeans is what you’re dealing with. Not impossible to maintain if you love the look, but don’t think it’s going to be like black leather where you don’t even really think about it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      Rob
      Daddy's "Hooligan" - MK4 R32 in Deep Blue Pearl
      Mommy's "Gran Turismo" - E70 X5M in Black Sapphire Metallic

GONE... BUT NOT FORGOTTEN:

The Family "Muscle Car" - B7 RS4 in Misano Red - Dad's 20th Anniversary "Wanna-be R32" GTi

Comment

my dad's alpine had beautiful white leather all over the car. It got a little but dirty dirty as yeah it is white, but no staining from jeans or anything like that. He had it cleaned twice a year and looked good as new.

His land rover on the other hand is prone to blue jean staining. He hasn't had that cleaned yet. i guess it depends on the type of leather and if there was a sealant on it?

I would kill for all white seats and interior in the TT.

Comment

I love light interiors. Towel on seats when wearing jeans. Gives the car a "homely" feel IMO, feels more comfortable.

Comment

So is the blue fairly cleanable then or does it stay inthere? I fairly regularly clean and condition the seats I have now... So maintenance is no biggie. Looks like if I wanted to pair a stick shift with light interior, it would be a factory order.

Just toying with the idea at the moment.. takes me a couple months to buy a TV... So the car shopping is lengthy. Haha.
            Stefan
            -> Past rides: '14 Allroad, 06 Mazda5, '98 Jetta K2, '01 Jetta TDI, '91 Mazda B2200, '81 Toyota Cressida
            -> FutuRe Ride...??!

Comment

The blue wipes off very easy with a moist rag (I usually use a spray of Folex as well).

Comment

Yeah, white interiors can be kept clean. If you’re an enthusiast who enjoys cleaning your car fairly regularly it shouldn’t be a major issue. Just don’t think it’ll be like “Sit in it and forget about it” Black. LOL

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                Rob
                Daddy's "Hooligan" - MK4 R32 in Deep Blue Pearl
                Mommy's "Gran Turismo" - E70 X5M in Black Sapphire Metallic

GONE... BUT NOT FORGOTTEN:

The Family "Muscle Car" - B7 RS4 in Misano Red - Dad's 20th Anniversary "Wanna-be R32" GTi

Comment

I wasn't sure about white interiors before as well but after having mine, its a nice change from the regular black. Just don't get tan.
                  2007 Audi RS4

Comment

Man.....so Jealous Stefan. I've probably priced out the sportwagon and the all treck like 5 times....I just can't justify it with the vehicles I have running at the moment....bahhhhh...I really hope you pull the trigger on one of these. As for interiors, I've never owned a white interior but I do have Tan and it is a pain in the ass to keep clean. It was cloth and not leather though. You will probably take better care of it but if you think your kids will that might be a different story.
                    2001 Jetta TDI GL Silver
                    Malone Tune stage 5+ ,VNT17-22Turbo, OMI, PP Race Pipe, PD 150 Intake, 2 1/2" Straight back exhaust, no mufflers, 2 1/2" downpipe straight no Cat, Race 520 Injectors, 11mm Fuel Pump, Lift Pump, EGR Delete mod,DC Stage IV Clutch, Michelin X-Ice 2's, 26 lb/s of boost alll day long, Smoking like a train!

Comment

Originally posted by Cyriel View Post
                      I wasn't sure about white interiors before as well but after having mine, its a nice change from the regular black. Just don't get tan.
                      What? Why not tan? I'm actually a big fan of those leather brown interiors. Is there a problem with them?
                      Last edited by witchcraftz; 01-18-2018, 04:44 PM.

Comment

Love my Oyster interior. The light colour was one of the deciding factors when buying the car. This is the first light interior I’ve had, so we’ll see how well it stays clean and if the car that replaces it will have another.

Comment

I have that Leatherique cleaner and conditioner on the shelf. I would assume that would keep the interior happy.
                          Stefan
                          -> FutuRe Ride...??!

Comment

have kids? get black lol
                            you probably don't like me because someone else said they didn't lol. <3

Comment

My kids are pretty careful in the car... They have been out helping me clean it enough times... Haha.
                              Stefan
                              -> FutuRe Ride...??!

Comment

Working...
                              X