2014 Allroad!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: 2014 Allroad!

With any luck, that's not where this ends up!
    Stefan
    -> '19 Deep Black Pearl Alltrack
    -> '05 Urban Grey Passat Wagon TDI.
    -> Past rides: '14 Allroad, 06 Mazda5, '98 Jetta K2, '01 Jetta TDI, '91 Mazda B2200, '81 Toyota Cressida
    -> FutuRe Ride...??!

Comment

happened to me. Audi did an update of some sort when i had it in for an oil change, under warranty, and all good. If the update doesn't fix it, they replace the steering rack under warranty.

Comment

Originally posted by miketweedie View Post
        happened to me. Audi did an update of some sort when i had it in for an oil change, under warranty, and all good. If the update doesn't fix it, they replace the steering rack under warranty.
        I am just waiting for the warranty to be transferred to me and then I will go check it out.
        Stefan
        -> Past rides: '14 Allroad, 06 Mazda5, '98 Jetta K2, '01 Jetta TDI, '91 Mazda B2200, '81 Toyota Cressida
        -> FutuRe Ride...??!

Comment

i have the urge to skip work and go play in a parking lot....
          Stefan
          -> FutuRe Ride...??!

Comment

Originally posted by stefan View Post
            i have the urge to skip work and go play in a parking lot....
            Pretty normal with a new car lol...lots of hooning out here today
            Last edited by Geobmx4life; 02-08-2018, 09:42 PM.
            Hers 2009 Audi A4 6sp manual
            Mine....2005 Golf TDI, VNT 17, Malone tuned stage 4, Spec stage 2 clutch, FMIC, Ventectomy, NewSouth gauges, BuzzKen 2.5 turbo back exhaust, Evolution Skidplate, Helix OEM Reps retrofitted with Morimoto Bixenon mini's, ST coils, colour matched Huffs. Frostheater

Comment

This sort of shows of steering issue. Hard to safely capture... But I am just applying a little pressure back and fourth and it feels like the wheel jumps in to a notch to right and left.

https://youtu.be/qSV7_ARW2Lw

Still waiting for warranty to transfer to bring it in...

...hmm, YouTube not embedding
              Last edited by stefan; 02-16-2018, 06:52 PM.
              Stefan
              -> FutuRe Ride...??!

Comment

What warranty transfer are you talking about? If its the factory warranty it just stays with the car. No transfer required!
                Derek

-2008 Avus Silver RS4-Fat ass II
                -1996 C4S-Fat Ass
                -2007 FJ Cruiser-6 speed

Comment

Originally posted by GINCH View Post
                  What warranty transfer are you talking about? If its the factory warranty it just stays with the car. No transfer required!
                  Original factory just ended. It has a CPO though. Rather dated transfer system. Had to send Audi Canada a cheque in the mail.
                  Stefan
                  -> FutuRe Ride...??!

Comment

gotcha
                    Derek

-2008 Avus Silver RS4-Fat ass II
                    -1996 C4S-Fat Ass
                    -2007 FJ Cruiser-6 speed

Comment

Warranty sorted. Car was in today for service. First call back from Glenmore was news that they couldn't find anything. At this point I was pretty frustrated. I think I must have expressed that frustration as I got another call back shortly after and someone more senior took the car out and felt the issues I was describing. So I'm booked in again for more diagnosing.

At the end of the day, happy with the service. Hope they sort out the steering and another issue with shifting pattern that I'm not happy with!

**Just got a call that they actually ordered a steering rack. So I believe that is a hardware replace, and likely a software TSB from what I've been reading. Hope that fixes it!
                      Last edited by stefan; 03-15-2018, 04:17 PM.
                      Stefan
                      -> FutuRe Ride...??!

Comment

Driving a 2017 A4 loaner at the moment. Actually a pretty quick car. Some of the interior updates I really like, some, I'm not so sure of. Not having the technik package stereo upgrade is hugely noticeable!

Allroad is in the shop (day 3 now). Steering rack is replaced and they are working on transmission adaptation apparently. Expecting that I will get it back at the end of the day. Hoping it feels much better!
                        Stefan
                        -> FutuRe Ride...??!

Comment

Well, it seems the transmission was more than just an adaptation. Parts are needed. I think the advisor was a bit mixed up as he said it was the mechatronics unit, but it is an 8 speed tiptroic in there so that doesn't seem right. Guessing it's a torque converter or TCU that he was meaning. I'll get a bit more info tomorrow. Actually really enjoying the 2017 A4 in the mean time so really, not so bad.
                          Stefan
                          -> FutuRe Ride...??!

Comment

3 more weeks for Glenmore to get parts for the transmission, so back to driving the Allroad in the meantime. Surprised that the parts are not more accessible for this thing.
                            Last edited by stefan; 04-05-2018, 07:57 AM.
                            Stefan
                            -> FutuRe Ride...??!

Comment

The 2014 should have a DSG, so no torque converter, it indeed has a mechatronic unit which does the clutch+gearshift for you using hydraulics.

DSG are automated manual transmissions, not to be confused with the old automatic systems.
                              Last edited by witchcraftz; 04-05-2018, 09:42 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by witchcraftz View Post
                                The 2014 should have a DSG, so no torque converter, it indeed has a mechatronic unit which does the clutch+gearshift for you using hydraulics.

DSG are automated manual transmissions, not to be confused with the old automatic systems.
                                Here is what i figured:
                                "The Audi allroad offers an eight-speed Tiptronic® automatic transmission that precisely transmits the
                                power produced by the 2.0-liter TFSI® engine."

I thought it was a ZF 8 speed conventional auto.
                                Stefan
                                -> FutuRe Ride...??!

Comment

Working...
                                X