Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: 2014 Allroad!

Originally posted by witchcraftz View Post
    The 2014 should have a DSG, so no torque converter, it indeed has a mechatronic unit which does the clutch+gearshift for you using hydraulics.

DSG are automated manual transmissions, not to be confused with the old automatic systems.
    A4'sh have never had DSG. All Tiptronic or CVT
    Last edited by Danaldson; 04-05-2018, 09:58 AM.

Comment

Wow, I am so surprised by this information. I would thought the Audis all got the DSG before any VWs. I think it's available on the 2018 though, I'm pretty sure the lady at the autoshow Sunday said it was a DSG.

Was it maybe a confusion between "Mechatronic" and "Multitronic"?
      Last edited by witchcraftz; 04-05-2018, 03:23 PM.

Comment

The 2017 loaner I had was DSG, I believe.

The 8 speed is actually pretty responsive though, for a conventional setup. From the little reading I did, it sounds like ZF got it nearly as efficient as a DSG. Sacrificing a little efficiency for long term reliability. Mine is all clunky at the moment though, which is why something is on order, that is not a mechatronics unit... I sent the adviser an email to clarify.
        Stefan
        -> '19 Deep Black Pearl Alltrack
        -> '05 Urban Grey Passat Wagon TDI.
        -> Past rides: '14 Allroad, 06 Mazda5, '98 Jetta K2, '01 Jetta TDI, '91 Mazda B2200, '81 Toyota Cressida
        -> FutuRe Ride...??!

Comment

Originally posted by witchcraftz View Post
          I think it's available on the 2018 though, I'm pretty sure the lady at the autoshow Sunday said it was a DSG.
          Originally posted by stefan View Post
          The 2017 loaner I had was DSG, I believe..
          B8 and prior generations of A4 and S4 were all traditional automatics or CVT in North America with the exception of the B8 S4, which was available with the DSG. Now with the B9, it's the other way around - only the A4 and Allroad get the DSG, and S4 gets the 8-speed ZF automatic.

I've driven both the B8 and B9 S4 quite a bit and prefer the ZF transmission in the B9.
          Scott
          '23 Audi Q5 Technik | Ultra Blue Metallic | Black​
          '01 DC5 Honda Integra Type R | Championship White | Red

Comment

Does anyone on here have any experience with the notchy steering issue I'm having? If the electromechanical steering rack was replaced and it still doesn't feel right, what else is left? Most of the threads I've read seem to sort of fade off without a real solution. Would appreciate any input. Do we have any Audi mechanics on here that have seen this?

Thanks all!
            Stefan
            -> Past rides: '14 Allroad, 06 Mazda5, '98 Jetta K2, '01 Jetta TDI, '91 Mazda B2200, '81 Toyota Cressida
            -> FutuRe Ride...??!

Comment

Does it disappear with some more rpm? Similar situation on our A4, CAW found a TSB for an updated brakeline
              Hers 2009 Audi A4 6sp manual
              Mine....2005 Golf TDI, VNT 17, Malone tuned stage 4, Spec stage 2 clutch, FMIC, Ventectomy, NewSouth gauges, BuzzKen 2.5 turbo back exhaust, Evolution Skidplate, Helix OEM Reps retrofitted with Morimoto Bixenon mini's, ST coils, colour matched Huffs. Frostheater

Comment

I'd say pretty unnoticeable at low speed while the steering is light. As you speed up, the steering stiffens up and that's where you start to feel it. Around 60+ I'd say.

Its a little weird feeling. You get very little feedback from the road. The feedback you do get to the wheel seems to come more from the steering system itself. Sort of leaves an imprecise and not-so-confident steering feel that I'm not all that keen on.

I honestly don't think the previous owner even noticed. Car was I warranty and had all regular maintenance me this never seemed to have come up.

I'll have them take another look when it goes in for the transmission but they seemed pretty sure that they solved the problem with this rack replacement so not sure what will be next.
                Last edited by stefan; 04-05-2018, 10:41 PM.
                Stefan
                -> FutuRe Ride...??!

Comment

Is Glenmore always rediculous with communication? I noticed it on my last visit. This time, I dropped off last Friday morning and haven't heard from them since (been a full week). Nobody returns calls. Finally drove over after work as I wanted to get a registration sticker on the car so it was valid next week. Only sales guys were there so no info. I have a loaner, so not the end of the world, but I'm finding this really weird. This was just for diagnosis. Not even booked for repair yet.
                  Last edited by stefan; 06-29-2018, 05:59 PM.
                  Stefan
                  -> FutuRe Ride...??!

Comment

Should have bought the alltrack!
                    Derek

-2008 Avus Silver RS4-Fat ass II
                    -1996 C4S-Fat Ass
                    -2007 FJ Cruiser-6 speed

Comment

Originally posted by GINCH View Post
                      Should have bought the alltrack!
                      Haha. No kidding. I'll get it sorted eventually. Have a 2018 A4 S-line for now. Actually pretty fun.
                      Stefan
                      -> FutuRe Ride...??!

Comment

Sounds like Glenmore wants to replace transmission, but they need go ahead from an Audi Canada rep.
                        Stefan
                        -> FutuRe Ride...??!

Comment

Well, I'm on vacation for two weeks. My car is at Glenmore.
                          Glenmore's loaner is back in Calgary in my garage. I got an automated email that they booked me in for an appointment (even though they still have my car) but don't know what it's for yet. I'm happy with the work they do so far, but still really weird that they don't share any information!
                          Stefan
                          -> FutuRe Ride...??!

Comment

New transmission is en route. Should have this wrapped up next week.
                            Stefan
                            -> FutuRe Ride...??!

Comment

Originally posted by CGY_GTI View Post
                              B8 and prior generations of A4 and S4 were all traditional automatics or CVT in North America with the exception of the B8 S4, which was available with the DSG. Now with the B9, it's the other way around - only the A4 and Allroad get the DSG, and S4 gets the 8-speed ZF automatic.

I've driven both the B8 and B9 S4 quite a bit and prefer the ZF transmission in the B9.
                              My 13' Q and 13' AR have the ZF transmission and I have been quite happy with it for sure. Our 18' Q has the new DSG and its definitely a good unit, way better than my old A3 DSG lol

Hopefully your new transmission will make you love the AR all over again!
                              Last edited by Ponto; 08-21-2018, 03:49 PM.
                              2007 A3 3.2vr | S-line | Quattro | Brilliant Black Sold
                              2020 Glacier White A4 Allroad
                              2013 Allroad Scuba Blue

Comment

Looks like Glenmore pinned down my steering issue today. Got a new steering rack put in. Haven't had a chance to drive it much but it definitely has a different feel to it now.
                                Stefan
                                -> FutuRe Ride...??!

Comment

Working...
                                X