Tires

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tires

Spring is coming quickly and I need summers for the RS4. Had my heart set on Michelin Pilot sport 4S's but while looking for a place to get them I stumbled upon another tire that has kind of caught my attention. They are the firestone firehawk indy 500. These things have some amazing reviews and are literally 1/2 the price of the michelins. Does anyone have any thoughts on these tires? I'm usually a bit of a tire snob but given the reviews and price i'm wondering if I should just give them a try!
    Derek

-2008 Avus Silver RS4-Fat ass II
    -1996 C4S-Fat Ass
    -2007 FJ Cruiser-6 speed

Re: Tires

no joke, i was looking at those yesterday for my new wheels. i'm gonna try them for sure.

Comment

Assuming your looking at tire rack that is a great price. No idea if they are a good tire, but worth a shot. They look pretty nice.

Comment

www.quattrotires.com

They are like $763.91 cdn shipped!
        Last edited by GINCH; 03-27-2018, 08:34 AM.
        Derek

-1996 C4S-Fat Ass
        -2007 FJ Cruiser-6 speed

Comment

I have no first hand experience with them, but a couple people in the MK7 group are running them and they seem pretty happy with them.
          Scott
          '23 Audi Q5 Technik | Ultra Blue Metallic | Black​
          '01 DC5 Honda Integra Type R | Championship White | Red

Comment

my quote came to under $800, shipped, for tires to fit a 20X10.5" wheel. that is insane. the Michelin's were close to $1900.

now they're showing as sold out. crap.

Comment

My only concern with a tire like this (like some other UHPS tire) in Calgary and area is the near close to freezing temperature we can have in the early morning even without snow on the ground close to the summer. If you car is in a warm garage during the night it might not be too bad but I got surprises with the Miata with that type of tire until there were warm enough.
              This is why I went with the Michelin Pilot A/S3+ for the R32 as I am not planning to keep winters on it until May or June....

Of course, in the size I am using there is not such a difference in prices.
              Last edited by syncrovan; 03-27-2018, 02:37 PM. Reason: Mistake in tire's name

Comment

Wow, those are good prices. $650 shipped for my RS2. I still need to get them installed though, wonder if we can get a similar price on a group buy at one of the local shops that can mount them.

I wonder if they only work when you're turning left though...
                Last edited by Blau_RS2; 03-27-2018, 02:41 PM.
                Dave

1994 Audi RS2 Avant 2.2 20VT
                2000 Audi S4 Avant 2.7T *Sold*
                2002 Audi Allroad 2.7T *Sold to MIL so technically still mine*
                2004 Audi RS6 Avant 4.2TT *Waiting to turn 15 before coming out to play*
                2008 Audi S4 Avant 4.2 40V
                2011 Audi S5 Coupe 4.2 32V

Follow me on Instagram @blau_RS2

Comment

Planning on getting the Firehawks on the R32 this year as well. I’m sure they are more than enough tire for the R32 and can’t justify the Michelin prices either.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                  Rob
                  Daddy's "Hooligan" - MK4 R32 in Deep Blue Pearl
                  Mommy's "Gran Turismo" - E70 X5M in Black Sapphire Metallic

GONE... BUT NOT FORGOTTEN:

The Family "Muscle Car" - B7 RS4 in Misano Red - Dad's 20th Anniversary "Wanna-be R32" GTi

Comment

Originally posted by Blau_RS2 View Post
                    Wow, those are good prices. $650 shipped for my RS2. I still need to get them installed though, wonder if we can get a similar price on a group buy at one of the local shops that can mount them.

I wonder if they only work when you're turning left though...
                    Bring loose wheels & tires by the shop, as long as there isn't any corrosion or other special conditions (crazy stretch or very low profile) it's typically $30/wheel. $35/wheel if they are on the car.
                    Last edited by BaggedGLI; 04-13-2018, 11:25 AM.
                    Calgary Autoworks

2004.5 Jetta GLI
                    2005 Audi Allroad

Comment

Originally posted by BaggedGLI View Post
                      Bring loose wheels & tires by the shop, as long as there isn't any corrosion or other special conditions (crazy stretch or very low profile) it's typically $25/wheel. $35/wheel if they are on the car.
                      Thanks Colin, I'll probably swing by in the next few weeks.
                      Dave

Comment

I can help with the local supply! I am usually able to match their pricing
                        Last edited by Natty54; 03-28-2018, 05:46 PM.
                        Now offering detailing services!! http://www.gtrauto.ca/detailing-services.html

United Motorsport, Kerma TDI, KW, APR, COBB, Magnaflow, K&N, AFE, Motul, Lubromoly, Sonax, Air Lift, HPA, Ohlins, Klutch Wheels, Remus Exhaust

info@gtrauto.ca / www.gtrauto.ca / GTR Auto Facebook

Comment

Originally posted by Natty54 View Post
                          OK well can you get me a set of 255/35/19's? My quote from quattro tires was $763.91!
                          Derek

-1996 C4S-Fat Ass
                          -2007 FJ Cruiser-6 speed

Comment

Originally posted by Natty54 View Post
                            I'm looking for 225/40/18's for the RS2.
                            Dave

Comment

Originally posted by GINCH View Post
                              OK well can you get me a set of 255/35/19's? My quote from quattro tires was $763.91!
                              yes sir
                              Now offering detailing services!! http://www.gtrauto.ca/detailing-services.html

United Motorsport, Kerma TDI, KW, APR, COBB, Magnaflow, K&N, AFE, Motul, Lubromoly, Sonax, Air Lift, HPA, Ohlins, Klutch Wheels, Remus Exhaust

info@gtrauto.ca / www.gtrauto.ca / GTR Auto Facebook

Comment

Working...
                              X