Allroad V2.0

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Allroad V2.0

I've always said that my 2014 Allroad was the best car I have owned. It wasn't that fast, I missed the manual trans, and it sat like a monster truck, but all of that aside it still ruled. However, when the time came to build a cabin in the woods, I needed a pickup truck, so the Allroad had to go.

Well, fast forward a couple years, and how things change. They say when life give you lemons, make lemonade, but I prefer beer and European wagons.

So last weekend I sold my big ass truck, flew to Vancouver, and picked up a 2015 Allroad. I really wanted a Technik, but this car was too good of a deal to pass up. Throw in the Audi CPO sale (0% for 5 years) and it was a done deal.

Basic stats:
    2015 Allroad 2.0t
    Mythos Black Pearl with full black interior
    Progressive, Sport Pack, tech package (backup camera, etc. but no adaptive cruise) The only thing I am "missing" is B&O audio.

The car came with the 19" sport wheels, and the previous owner put snow tires on them, so that was a plus. I immediately started shopping for summers, and managed to score a heck of a deal on a set of 20X10.5" Niche Carini wheels from RPI. Better still, Jonny from RPI dropped them off at the dealership an hour before my flight landed, so they're ready to go. Chad at Kal is helping me out with tires for them. I am gonna hit C1 this week and grab some coilovers, and with any luck the old girl will be sitting pretty within a couple weeks.

a couple pics. I have no idea why the front end looks so high in the side view, but whatever. Also, classic cheesy dealer photo.

Home from Vancouver, 9 hours door to door including a lunch break. She's a "bit" quicker than the truck... also filthy

Summer wheels

Last edited by miketweedie; 04-03-2018, 12:21 PM.

Re: Allroad V2.0

imgur is your friend! Looking forward to the pics!

Comment

Looks great Mike! Look forward to seeing it around Ramsay.
      Dave

1994 Audi RS2 Avant 2.2 20VT
      2000 Audi S4 Avant 2.7T *Sold*
      2002 Audi Allroad 2.7T *Sold to MIL so technically still mine*
      2004 Audi RS6 Avant 4.2TT *Waiting to turn 15 before coming out to play*
      2008 Audi S4 Avant 4.2 40V
      2011 Audi S5 Coupe 4.2 32V

Follow me on Instagram @blau_RS2

Comment

Congrats, it looks great!!!!
        Blair
        Former Cars: '12 Fiat 500, '10 VW GTI, '05 Smart Fortwo, '96 VW Jetta GLX, '02 VW GTI 337.........

Comment

So nice...new allroads are pretty easy to look at!!! Congrats!
          Hers 2009 Audi A4 6sp manual
          Mine....2005 Golf TDI, VNT 17, Malone tuned stage 4, Spec stage 2 clutch, FMIC, Ventectomy, NewSouth gauges, BuzzKen 2.5 turbo back exhaust, Evolution Skidplate, Helix OEM Reps retrofitted with Morimoto Bixenon mini's, ST coils, colour matched Huffs. Frostheater

Comment

Love it man. Looks great in black with the grey cladding!

Comment

Originally posted by miketweedie View Post
              Summer wheels

Those new wheels will look really good on it. Congrats!

Comment

the parts pile is growing... and yes, my garage is a disaster. that's another warm weather project.

Last edited by miketweedie; 04-05-2018, 01:27 PM.

Comment

Looks great congrats! Love the new allroads.

Comment

Looks good. I love everything about mine except the damn steering. Nobody seems to have issues after MY2014 though.
                    Stefan
                    -> '19 Deep Black Pearl Alltrack
                    -> '05 Urban Grey Passat Wagon TDI.
                    -> Past rides: '14 Allroad, 06 Mazda5, '98 Jetta K2, '01 Jetta TDI, '91 Mazda B2200, '81 Toyota Cressida
                    -> FutuRe Ride...??!

Comment

made some progress this weekend. Coilovers are in, and stance is close to where I want it. Gonna let it settle for a day or two, and then dial it in.
                      New tires are here, so I dropped the wheels off with Chad for mounting. Hoping to pick up this week and get an alignment done.

crappy pics:

Comment

its getting closer. gotta fix the ride height...

Comment

Wow, that looks badass. Those fenders just make the B8 look mean!

Comment

That looks really good!!

Think I saw you roll by in the Superstore parking lot the other afternoon Mike. (R8 was getting a stone chip fixed.)
                            Rob

2004 VW R32

Comment

Looks great! I love the look of these newer allroads when theyre slammed.

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk
                              Jason

"You dont buy a Volkswagen once, you buy it ten times."
                              ---Samuel Moore

Instagram: @Wangtastic
                              PM me to get your car detailed! - Brightside Detailing

Comment

Working...
                              X