LF: Coilover install recommendation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LF: Coilover install recommendation

so i am gonna get the new allroad closer to the ground ASAP, and looking for recommendations.
    the quote i got was 5 hours, plus an alignment. at $130 an hour, that gets expensive quick.

anyone have recommendations? i may just do it myself.

Re: LF: Coilover install recommendation

Depends what you expect out of the install. A very quick install can be done. Do you want the coils sealed/lubricated so they don't seize up and can be adjusted in the future without issue? Car taken for a test drive and leveled out? Dampening adjusted correctly (it's time consuming to do it later without modification). Bolts torqued with a torque wrench. Control arms and bushings torqued in position at the new ride height?

You get what you pay for.
    Calgary Autoworks

2004.5 Jetta GLI
    2005 Audi Allroad

Comment

Ok, reading your response I totally agree. I think I came across as cheap, which isn't what I am getting at.

Let me rephrase, and hopefully sound like less of a dick. I had the coils installed on my B7 Avant by the same shop. They did an awesome job, and it sat exactly where I asked them to put it. Perfectly level, no rubbing. That install was a couple years ago, but it was $400 plus tax. Is it crazy to think that $650 is a bit steep, for the same job on nearly the exact same car? I realize the alignment is on top of that.

Either way, if that's the going rate then that's what it costs. Not looking for deals or anything, just making sure I am not wasting money.

thanks!

Comment

That's about the going rate, and I'd even say a little on the low side. If you were happy with the previous install, jump on it!
        Calgary Autoworks

2004.5 Jetta GLI
        2005 Audi Allroad

Comment

awesome, thank you very much, i appreciate it!

Comment

Working...
          X