1986 Saab 900 16V Turbo - 175 Horsepower

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1986 Saab 900 16V Turbo - 175 Horsepower

I’m going to keep this really short and rely on the Kijiji ad I created which can be found here.

https://www.kijiji.ca/v-cars-trucks/...ationFlag=true

I bought this car last year from the original owner with the full intention of making it my own. It rides like an absolute dream and is VERY fast. It’s had an unreal amount of documented money spent on it during its lifetime, including $18,000 + of receipts from the last few years. In its day, this was the upmarket European hatchback with significantly more power thank the MK2 GTI. It took Volkswagen 4 additional years to make the G60 Golf to compete with this so that’s sort of it in a nutshell - that’s why I bought a 32year old Saab [emoji4]

It was purchased by an American professor who was teaching in Germany and then all around Europe. For he and his wife’s honeymoon, they were invited to Sweden on the Saab diplomat sales program and they purchased this Saab. It was driven all over Europe for many years and he brought it back the US with him in the late ‘90s. It’s lived indoors and spent time between Calgary, Boulder Colorado and Salt Lake City Utah ever since.

As it turns out, It’s so original that I just can’t bare to change anything about it. Also, I can’t justify renting an extra garage to store it (it would be unthinkable to store it outside) I haven’t registered it yet because I didn’t want it to lose its original owner status.

Given the rising prices of cars from this period, this could be an interesting car for someone to enjoy and to some degree, to speculate on rising in value...

Anyways. Let me know if you’ve got any questions. I’d be happy to entertain them or let you take it for a drive (on a closed course [emoji4])

Price is $5,900

Last edited by jacktown; 04-15-2018, 04:45 PM.
    Nick

I love hatchbacks

Re: 1986 Saab 900 16V Turbo - 175 Horsepower

That is Sweet... ive never been a die hard fan of them but always wanted to drive a Saab Turbo

Comment

Damn, this is one of my bucket list cars! Where do you keep coming up with these things?? If I wasn't committed to the RS6 I'd definitely be considering this. Would love to see it in person though.
      Dave

1994 Audi RS2 Avant 2.2 20VT
      2000 Audi S4 Avant 2.7T *Sold*
      2002 Audi Allroad 2.7T *Sold to MIL so technically still mine*
      2004 Audi RS6 Avant 4.2TT *Waiting to turn 15 before coming out to play*
      2008 Audi S4 Avant 4.2 40V
      2011 Audi S5 Coupe 4.2 32V

Follow me on Instagram @blau_RS2

Comment

My brother used to have 900 SPG. What a great car that was!
        Derek

-2008 Avus Silver RS4-Fat ass II
        -1996 C4S-Fat Ass
        -2007 FJ Cruiser-6 speed

Comment

Thanks guys. I don’t even know where they come from anymore, Dave. They just seem to find me somehow.

Almost sold it to a lady who was the original owner of an ‘87 of the same car. Hers is rusted through but has 670,000KM on the original engine and turbo. She drives it back and forth to the island multiple times every year. Unfortunately, she passed because she just found out her long time trusted mechanic is shutting up shop so she’s going to get something new with a warranty ah well.

Still up for grabs!

She did tell me that this colour, Rose Quartz was only available in the 1986 model year so it’s extremely rare.
          Nick

I love hatchbacks

Comment

Working...
          X