Freedom Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Freedom Mobile

My wife and I are looking to switch from Rogers to Freedom. Any recent experiences? How do you like dealing with Freedom vs the big 3 phone co's? How is coverage in and around Calgary? Is it worth the lower price?

Thanks in advance!
    sigpic

<<<Ben>>>

Present:
    His: 2008 Cayenne Turbo
    Hers: 2012 Ibis White Q5
    Past:
    B7 A4 Avant 6MT Black
    B7 A4 Avant 6MT Silver
    2004 .:R32 BMP
    2001.5 Noggy blue s4
    2000 VW GTI 1.8T
    1997 VW Jetta VR6

Re: Freedom Mobile

Personally I would not do it unless you are only in Calgary or travel to big cities that have it. Even in Calgary there are dead spots

Look at other off brands such as Koodo and ect
    Now offering detailing services!! http://www.gtrauto.ca/detailing-services.html

United Motorsport, Kerma TDI, KW, APR, COBB, Magnaflow, K&N, AFE, Motul, Lubromoly, Sonax, Air Lift, HPA, Ohlins, Klutch Wheels, Remus Exhaust

info@gtrauto.ca / www.gtrauto.ca / GTR Auto Facebook

Comment

Friend had it and has zero reception outside of town.
      Calgary Autoworks

2004.5 Jetta GLI
      2005 Audi Allroad

Comment

I was with them for years...right from the start when Wind Mobile was formed. I put up with the bad coverage in areas, because I lived and worked in areas that had ok coverage. It was SUPER inexpensive, but the coverage in certain areas is still CRAP. When we moved to our new house, coverage was spotty at best. My wife and I switched to Public Mobile (which is Telus) and I have zero regrets; no more Home and Away zone BS either. Being Telus, the coverage is everywhere, it just works and has been super reliable. You just need to bring your own phone and make sure it's compatible with the Telus network.

If you do decide to go with Public Mobile, send me a PM and I'll give you my phone number... if you put it in as who referred you when you first activate your SIM, I get $1 off a month...please and thank you.

(Then after yours is activated, have your wife put in your phone number as her reference and YOU get $1 off per month....)
        Last edited by Circuits; 08-23-2018, 07:31 AM.
        Rob

2004 VW R32

Comment

What everyone else said. As far as I'm aware, it uses the same towers as either Telus or Bell in town (I forget which one they share spectrum and towers with) However, in layman terms, you are very much a second priority to the first parties customers who are using the tower and base station technology. What appears to be bad coverage will sometimes be just being at the back of the line for service.

What Rob said sounds like a good idea!

For what it's worth, I just joined Bell earlier this year, with an iPhone X. I am really unhappy and wish I'd stayed with Fido/Rogers where I had been for 13 years previous. Expensive but I got what I paid for.
          Nick

I love hatchbacks

Comment

Working...
          X