X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: What are you listening to?

Originally posted by Kor
    In case anyone cares...

Arcade Fire is kind of an independant/pop/rock band, I would recommend it to lovers of Radiohead or Coldplay or Broken Social Scene, bands like that. Sorry to lump those all together.

Kleptones CD is a mash-up of Queen and some hip-hop samples.

Four Tet is instrumental, like a DJ went mad with old school instruments like harps, etc.

M83 is very electro instrumental, a lot of atari type sounds.

Labradford is kind of a post-rock epic kind of movie soundtrack stuff.

All pretty good, only the Arcade Fire stuff is really new.
    Thanks for the summary, Four Tet sounds quite interesting, so does Labradford. Is M83 really rythmic or is it kinda random like....shoot I can't remember the name now, the guy that does all the crazy old school sounds that you like, I listened to it a couple times in Simon L's car? Dangit. But anyway, if you know who i'm talking about, does it sound like that?
    Jay

Comment

I am listening tooo... Umm nothing. No stereo in the car... let alone an interior leads me to listen for weird engine problems. I do listen to club977 the 80's channel at home though.
      Name: Brent
      His: '04 TDI Golf Mods: None If it's smoken it ain't broken
      Family: '15 Jetta Sportwagon
      Fun car: '92 Blue Karmann Crabby Cabby Mods: Coils, front and rear swaybars, LED interior lights and some other old things.

Comment

Originally posted by Tuna
        Thanks for the summary, Four Tet sounds quite interesting, so does Labradford. Is M83 really rythmic or is it kinda random like....shoot I can't remember the name now, the guy that does all the crazy old school sounds that you like, I listened to it a couple times in Simon L's car? Dangit. But anyway, if you know who i'm talking about, does it sound like that?

...Aphex Twin
        EU Tuning
        European Performance Products
        www.eutuning.ca
        slomas@upsolute.com

Comment

Originally posted by Boy Racer
          ...Aphex Twin
          Yes! could NOT remember. I just couldn't quite get into that, all the intros and breakdowns were cool, but that's not enough to say you "like" it.
          Jay

Comment

I've been wanting to check out The Arcade Fire, I guess I'll have to get off my ass and do it. I have been listening to "Frances The Mute" by The Mars Volta... an amazing CD, more like listening to a movie than an album.

Present
            2010 Audi A4 S-Line
            2007 VW GTI 2.0T

Past
            2003 VW Jetta GLI
            1992 VW Jetta GL
            1984 VW Rabbit GTI

Comment

M83 is like some Aphex Twin songs but much less random than their characteristic sound! I highly recommend them, can always download a few tracks.
              KR
              Porsche 991 Carrera S

Comment

Ummm... been dragging out my old Pearl Jam lately, also listening to really old Queen. Just d/l'd the new Jimmy Eat World. But honestly, I'm listening to tons of stuff, that's just all I can think of right now.
                billip
                2013 Audi RS 5

Comment

Pitchfork Media (www.pitchforkmedia.com) released their top 50 CD's of the year just this week.

My favourite CD of the year (as previously mentioned, The Arcade Fire) unexpectedly was #1, so I highly recommend checking it out.

The Streets, A Grand Don't Come for Free (of which I know there are some fans on NVD, including myself) came in at #3.

Modest Mouse only hit #23 which is a bit of a let down, but I guess not surprising since they have kind of "sold out" since the old days.
                  KR
                  Porsche 991 Carrera S

Comment

Some very interesting titles on that last, some I like, some I dont and even a few I have never heard of, gives me something to do for a couple days I guess

Anyway I have to chime in with a new CD of mine it is called "Mute Print" by a group titled A Wilhelm Scream, it is emo punk hardcore with lots of crazy metal riffs and it is blowing my mind, I just got the disc yesterday and I think I have listened to it 7 times so far, I just love it!
                    Blair
                    Former Cars: '12 Fiat 500, '10 VW GTI, '05 Smart Fortwo, '96 VW Jetta GLX, '02 VW GTI 337.........

Comment

It's cool to see Camera Obscura on that top 50 list... they are pretty cool... pretty mellow, but pretty cool.

My album de jour may seem kinda commercial, but honestly, it flows like nothing I've heard in a few years. Green Day: American Idiot. It's awesome... very operatic. I love how they deal with themes and how the music flows. They are also using some different instrumentation (for a punk band) like piano and glockenspiel.
                      billip
                      2013 Audi RS 5

Comment

Originally posted by Canadian Turbo
                        Some very interesting titles on that last, some I like, some I dont and even a few I have never heard of, gives me something to do for a couple days I guess

Anyway I have to chime in with a new CD of mine it is called "Mute Print" by a group titled A Wilhelm Scream, it is emo punk hardcore with lots of crazy metal riffs and it is blowing my mind, I just got the disc yesterday and I think I have listened to it 7 times so far, I just love it!
                        That sounds like an album I NEED to purchase.

Present
                        2010 Audi A4 S-Line
                        2007 VW GTI 2.0T

Past
                        2003 VW Jetta GLI
                        1992 VW Jetta GL
                        1984 VW Rabbit GTI

Comment

Calgary Autoworks

2004.5 Jetta GLI
                          2005 Audi Allroad

Comment

2007 A3 3.2vr | S-line | Quattro | Brilliant Black Sold
                            2020 Glacier White A4 Allroad
                            2013 Allroad Scuba Blue

Comment

And another one I enjoy.

even though i know nothing of the US struggle. haha
                              Last edited by Ponto; 12-13-2013, 03:28 PM.
                              2007 A3 3.2vr | S-line | Quattro | Brilliant Black Sold
                              2020 Glacier White A4 Allroad
                              2013 Allroad Scuba Blue

Comment

Trap music right now.
                                Fly with me on Instagram!:/:Travel Blog Tickle Your Fancy? Click This!:/:YouTube

Don

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X