X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Welcome to Eurodrivers!!

Welcome to Eurodrivers.ca!!

Over the history of NewVeeDub we have worked to establish a group and community for Volkswagen owners with a primary focus on the 4th generation of Jettas and Golfs. As the group has grown, so has our focus as many of us have changed cars and even brands but our desire to be part of the community has only gotten stronger. It is this reason that we present the next evolution of the NVD group; Eurodrivers.

The time has come to change to a broader group that not only continues to support our roots but allows us to welcome new people and cars. The NewVeeDub name has always been a bit of an issue with either being too restrictive or too similar to CVD. Now we will create an even bigger community as we work towards a group that is now focused on all Volkswagens and Audis and with the possibility for even more expansion in the future.

Change can be intimidating but I think that this transformation will really help create a stronger and more enjoyable local and online community for us automotive enthusiasts; after all it is about the cars! I am going to continue to generate interest and growth in the local scene and really help to put the Eurodrivers image on the map and I hope you will all be there to join me!

The first step is the new website which is now live, next we will be working on our branding and promotion. New stickers and cards will be produced and of course all NVD memberships will be transferred to Eurodrivers. I would also like to have a strong presence at WoW 2006 with the group and it will be a good public display of our modified club. I am also hoping to get an Edmonton chapter rolling so that we can expand our reach and give better accessibility for our northern members.

Thank you all for your support and dedication, we would have never made it this far with out you and I really hope that you will all continue to support the new direction. I would also like to give a huge thanks to Kris (Kor) for putting in so much time to make this new website a reality.

Sincerely,

Blair
    Blair
    Former Cars: '12 Fiat 500, '10 VW GTI, '05 Smart Fortwo, '96 VW Jetta GLX, '02 VW GTI 337.........

Re: Welcome to Eurodrivers!!

Thanks Blair!

Again welcome everyone to Eurodrivers.

Please let us know if you have any feelings about it all. Stay tuned for another great season of shows, cruises, etc for 2006!

Comment

I have been working for the past couple of weeks to put this vbulliten theme together a eurodrivers site concept. However, there are always problems that are difficult to see until someone else loads the site on their computer.

I am hoping that this launch goes off without any major issues. However, if you have some feedback about the look and feel of the site, please let me know in an organized way and I will be working over the weekend to fix any small problems.

I am already looking at reducing the minimum width of the site by 10% to accomodate smaller computer monitors. This requires reworking some of the banner art and so may take a few days. I have also recently (today) picked up a new monitor, and it shows colours with less fade - so I may update the colours a bit to be more true to my original vision.

I hope everyone enjoys the new site.
      KR
      Porsche 991 Carrera S

Comment

Big up to you guys. I like the changes. Can I assume that the forums/conferences will be getting renamed, etc.?
        Last edited by Mr. Burns; 12-02-2005, 10:09 AM.

Present
        2010 Audi A4 S-Line
        2007 VW GTI 2.0T

Past
        2003 VW Jetta GLI
        1992 VW Jetta GL
        1984 VW Rabbit GTI

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Burns
          Big up to you guys. I like the changes. Can I assume that the forums/conferences will be getting renamed, etc.?
          Yes I think we will look at this, as well as adding a front-page and some other changes, but we wanted to have this roll-over take place so that everyone could see what is in store for the new year.
          KR
          Porsche 991 Carrera S

Comment

Wow this looks great!! Thanks for all the hard work guys... when do I get my new sticker
            2001.5 Audi S4

Originally posted by James
            My engine may be a solid 4 liters smaller than yours, but i have a HUGE penis

Comment

Good work fella!
              2008 Audi RS4
              2015 Fiat 500 Abarth

Comment

looks great! good work. is eurodrivers.ca available?
                Last edited by stefan; 12-02-2005, 10:54 AM.
                Stefan
                -> '19 Deep Black Pearl Alltrack
                -> '05 Urban Grey Passat Wagon TDI.
                -> Past rides: '14 Allroad, 06 Mazda5, '98 Jetta K2, '01 Jetta TDI, '91 Mazda B2200, '81 Toyota Cressida
                -> FutuRe Ride...??!

Comment

Huge props for this change guys. It shows forward thinking..... and I know it'll help the club.
                  Sidewalks are for normal walkin.... aint no room for fancy walkin....

Comment

Originally posted by stefan
                    looks great! good work. is eurodrivers.ca available?
                    We already have it and will be switching to it over the next few days, with a redirect here as well.
                    Blair
                    Former Cars: '12 Fiat 500, '10 VW GTI, '05 Smart Fortwo, '96 VW Jetta GLX, '02 VW GTI 337.........

Comment

Does this mean I get to talk about my Porsche on here without fear now?

Either way, I like the changes.

Comment

I feel like I'm in a cartoon!!! Its kinda comforting.....and strange.....I like the colours....well done.....Oh, if I can add, I think a RED VW would have really made that upper image sharp
                        2006 Colorado Xtreme | AEM CAI | Walker exhaust | smoked glass | -1" dropped rear | Avic D3 | 8000K HID's
                        2002 GTI 1.8t | C1 SS | Upsolute 94 oct | Brullen 2.5" DP | Supersprint catback | Poly mounts | 19" Privat's | FK 55 kit | Projector lights | EVOMS CAI
                        2000 GSXR750 | Hindle Race exhaust | Telefonica replica | K&N intake | Custom ECU

Comment

Originally posted by Aleks
                          I feel like I'm in a cartoon!!! Its kinda comforting.....and strange.....I like the colours....well done.....Oh, if I can add, I think a RED VW would have really made that upper image sharp
                          I was thinking about changing the colour of the car every so often or making seasonal changes, but for now this will have to do. I will be tweaking the art a little though over the next couple days since the colours are a little funny now that I have a new monitor (my old one had really poor contrast).
                          KR
                          Porsche 991 Carrera S

Comment

I really really likey
                            EU Tuning
                            European Performance Products
                            www.eutuning.ca
                            slomas@upsolute.com

Comment

Originally posted by Boy Racer
                              I really really likey
                              gonna need a new eutuning decal, as it will likely need to be repositioned when the eurodrivers ones come in.
                              Stefan
                              -> '19 Deep Black Pearl Alltrack
                              -> '05 Urban Grey Passat Wagon TDI.
                              -> Past rides: '14 Allroad, 06 Mazda5, '98 Jetta K2, '01 Jetta TDI, '91 Mazda B2200, '81 Toyota Cressida
                              -> FutuRe Ride...??!

Comment

Working...
                              X